Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just wondering

Let me also say that while Digital SLR (single lens reflex) cameras are great and all, they are not so practical for those of us who crossdress in public. In that situation you’ll be better off with a portable device that will fit easily into a handbag or purse. I have yet to see an SLR that enhances one's feminine appearance as a fashion accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydianne View Post
    When I was younger, I used to think it sounded slick. Now that I'm older, I also try to avoid it. The problem, though, is when you have adverb + verb infinitive. Trying to rephrase it is difficult because:

A phrase like "I used to really love it" could become "I really used to love it."

However, the problem is ambiguity of what the "really" gets tied to: the "used to" or the "love". In this case, context and common usage makes it more likely to bind to the "love", but you can't always rely on that. So you go for: "I used to love it really", which just sounds either strange or protesty. That irks me less than the splittage though.

- L.
    I think about those things all the time as well, Lydianne. In fact, when I joined this forum, I used to be a bit annoyed at how folks in this forum are such sticklers when it comes to language, but I guess it’s in everybody’s interest that we are all able to communicate clearly. I may even have gotten better at expressing myself since I joined this site.

I wasn’t sure if folks read those replies or not. I just hate to leave them blank. Thanks for the feedback.

-P.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I to tend to correct my post both in spelling (speling) and grammar (grammer)
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Hi Maria,
    I save all my photos to my paid-for Microsoft cloud account, regardless of what device I use to take them. In the case of my phone, I set it to upload automatically. It means I can delete them from the phone almost immediately. Nothing is lost and the phone doesn't get full. I sort them out later on-line using a browser - when I can be bothered. Everything goes, even rude stuff. And sure, maybe Microsoft will keep everything for future historians or security agencies to browse, but so what? As long as their security keeps everybody else out, which it will if one uses two-factor-identication, I'm happy.
    The problem of course is that it does require a modicum of technology familiarity, so I guess it won't help you unless you're prepared to learn a little.
    Incidentally, you can use the Microsoft cloud for nothing, but the amount of data you can store is limited. You might find it enough though. All you need is a Microsoft email address and you get it automatically.
    Of course, Google, Apple and many others provide similar services, but I particularly like the Microsoft web offering.
    Mini
    Last edited by MiniRock; 04-13-2020 at 03:25 AM.

Aspiring Member
    I use my iPhone. I don't keep the pics that don't turn out. Once deleted, you have to to into the "recently deleted" album and permanently delete them. Also turn off sharing. If you want to keep them, you can select to hide them. They will go into the "hidden" album in the albums section. If you're really worried, don't use iCloud to save them. Save them to your phone and then download them onto your computer, or better, on a detachable drive hooked up to your computer which you can lock in a cabinet somewhere.

Or just come out to everyone and then you don't have to worry

Hi Maria,
    I use a Fuji digital waterproof camera that has a time-laps feature. I set it up on a tripod at 15 seconds intervals, just enough time to change positions or try to smile better. I then take the chip out and transfer to a USB flash drive and delete the picks on the camera. You will end up with a lot of pictures, just delete the ones you don't want. I keep the USB safe and have the pictures in a password protected sub-directory.
    Have fun, Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by DianeT View Post
    One word of advice also: if data is precious, you should have two copies of it on a different media. SD cards do not last forever. And wrong manipulations also happen.
    YUP!!!
    100% I had a very nice "photo-set" of different outfits and makeup that I put together over a long period.
    I had it on a very high end thumb drive. It was password protected. Encrypted. Mil-Spec ruggedized. Secure...blablabla...

It all worked very well for a long time, then one day, removed it from the PC, tried it a few days later, and ZERO. Nothing was on the drive?????
    I tried a few data-recovery attempts on my own, but nada!
    All gone.

I'm not a computer guru, but I know enough to know my way around various software/hardware issues.
    but in short, I didn't follow my very own credo when it comes to work and family computer files: make sure to "back it up"!!!!