Thread: Did anyonme ever participate in a womanless beauty pageant?

Did anyonme ever participate in a womanless beauty pageant?

Ironically Womanless Beauty Pageant seem to be very popular in the conservative south.

They are typically done as fundraisers for charity. Many of the contestants are burly men in dresses, however there are typically more than a few, whom I might say this is not their first time to the rodeo.

Many I believe see it as an outlet to cross-dress and maybe show their true colors.

Many of the contestants are teenagers who seem to embrace and show this side of themselves.

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this?
    Last edited by Di; 04-13-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Aspiring Member
    When I returned for Christmas break, my mom and dad told me they had volunteered me for a womanless skit at the church on New Year's Eve. I posted this last night in another thread. Some of the men really went all out and shaved their legs and wore panties, girdles, hose. etc. My dad and I wore our guy underwear and pantyhose. I WISH I would have worn all women's underwear and heels.

Quote Originally Posted by michellecd9999 View Post
    Okay, Here is the pic of my in my dress at the womanless beauty contest on Dec 31 1974 at a Baptist Church! My first public crossdressing pic. I had been CDing in private at home for several years. I wanted to wear heels, but my mother thought I would not be able to walk in them. Little did she know I had been walking in her heels for years!

Michelle
    Attachment 311949
    Michellecd9999

No, but if my city held one I would definitely look into it.

Congrats on your 1000th post, Paula.

I’ve heard about them and seen videos of something like that, except that the event was openly for crossdressers, not a subterfuge to diffuse social anxieties like you descibe them. Better with than without, I suppose. I've never done one, but would jump at the chance.

Has anyone told you you look a lot like Victoria Wood?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Congrats on your 1000th post, Paula.

I’ve heard about them and seen videos of something like that, except that the event was openly for crossdressers, not a subterfuge to diffuse social anxieties like you descibe them. Better with than without, I suppose. I've never done one, but would jump at the chance.

Has anyone told you you look a lot like Victoria Wood?
    I just googled Victoria Wood, thank you what a complement, she is an amazing woman

Platinum Member
    Nice to have you back among us, Paula.

To your question, I have never had an opportunity to participate in a woman less pageant or similar event.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I have not but it sound like ti would be fun to do

Back in the 70s I was in a dollar ninety eight cent beauty contest for our annual company Christmas party. Another guy and myself were tied for first place so we had a run off. My then wife was on the entertainment committee and had told me if there was a tie there would be a run off contest of who could put on pantyhose quicker. I lost. I din't want anyone to think I really knew how to put on pantyhose. LOL

A few years ago went to a couple of cis lesbian anniversary party. All of us were gay or bisexual or CD and the guys all got dolled up.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Yes, about 3 or four years ago in Church. Every year on a Saturday to Valentines day, we have a "sweethearts dinner" and a show---where for 10 bucks couples can be served a Dinner of ribeye steak, Baked potatoes, etc. in the church auditorium/gym, and ALSO be entertained by a stage show, with special guests or our own church members. One time we had a 1930's variety show with singing and skits, the same for the 1940s, and 1950s We did an episode of HEE HAW once too , also. You get the idea. One year we had a "Womanless Beauty contest". Since there were at least eight other guys participating, I decided to volunteer too. We each had to come up with an act. Since MY gown and outfit resembled something like a "Saloon girl" effect, I decided to lip-sync "A bird in a golden cage". Some guys used their own voices--and did very well too. I also noticed that at least a couple of the "most unlikely" pulled off the best jobs of looking like women---Not pretty, mind you, but quite realistic. Before the show, while we were eating supper (Before the congregants got there) I walked right by one of the guys that was already in costume, and didn't even NOTICE anything---until he spoke. I wore my underwear, fishnet hose, etc, under my own clothing, and sported polished nails, in order to save dressing room time. I only had to put on my wig and dress and let the ladies do my makeup to be ready. I thought I might learn a few makeup tips in the process, but alas, I was done up by a group of older teenage girls. I knew more about makeup than they did---Still they did a halfway decent job. Our group included Doctors, A dentist, a Real Estate agent, etc. Also the current Pastor and an older retired Pastor, in his 80s. ---We had quite a bit of fun. And it all was being videotaped. To show at the next weekly church supper. I totally botched my act, still good for laughs though. One guy did a Piano number of "Fever" and sang it himself---really good.---Of course it was all RIGGED---the 80 year old preacher won. ---- ALso we later found out that the cameraman had forgotten to insert the SD card in the videocam. So all I have to remember the event is a picture taken by an audience member of me, doing my act, where my HAND is in front of my face, and another GROUP shot of us all, with mee on the side, but very grainy when I blew myself up.---Ill post them if I can find them--on another computer perhaps.

Can't say that I have ever heard of a womanless beauty pagent on this side of the pond. But I have appeared on the catwalk in three or four fashion shows. All male models, in all female clothes. Great fun, and looking forward to our next show, when the current madness is over.

Kayegirl, That sounds real nice, I would love to do that.
    Crissy

I grew up in the deep south and had no idea these were a thing until, like, November 2019. In that time I've sought out a lot of information about them, and don't usually find much, but it's still fun to see the participants. Most of the time. I don't like them as much when the contestants seem like they're making a mockery of womanhood. One thing I've noticed about the younger crowd doing it is that their smiles all seem so genuine, like they're truly having fun. When it's "Dads In Drag" or whatever they seem like they're laughing at the concept altogether, which kinda belies the charitable nature of them (TO ME).

Whether it's that the younger folks genuinely want to do it, or they're the children of pageant moms who either never had daughters or don't want to see all the pageant gear go to donation after little use and they go along to please their mom, I just hope they learn along the way that girlhood and later womanhood is okay to take part in, whether temporarily or permanently. And I hope it makes better, more aware citizens of them.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Paula, your post just reminded me why I don't watch Rue Paul or go to T girl nites early to watch the drag queens perform.

Guys just aren't my thing. No matter how they're dressed. I'm guessing these types of events r mostly watched and appreciated by women?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reality Check
    I have heard of womanless beauty pageants but have never heard of one in my area so obviously, I have never participated in one.

My thought on this would be the same as my thought on dressing as a woman for Halloween; This is a case where if you do too good a job, people will suspect that you do this more than once a year. No "normal" male has a $300 set of breast forms, a $200 set of padded panties, a $100 wig and a pair of women's shoes his size.

Many, many years ago, I did a show dressed as a woman, but that was a case where it was obviously a joke. I didn't have my female stuff then.
    Krisi

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar

Not a Pageant but...

The closest I ever came to being in a pageant was when I was picked for the Fashion Show at First Event in Boston in 1999. I wore 4 different gowns and ended with being picked for the finale in a wedding gown.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I have heard of womanless beauty pageants but have never heard of one in my area so obviously, I have never participated in one.

My thought on this would be the same as my thought on dressing as a woman for Halloween; This is a case where if you do too good a job, people will suspect that you do this more than once a year. No "normal" male has a $300 set of breast forms, a $200 set of padded panties, a $100 wig and a pair of women's shoes his size.

Many, many years ago, I did a show dressed as a woman, but that was a case where it was obviously a joke. I didn't have my female stuff then.
    The shoes are what get me, because I feel like any woman who pays attention to body sizes/dimensions can fit a guy into a dress. He might not be a size 6, but heck, tons of people aren't. You can find clothes in a pretty wide array of sizes.

Shoes, as we all know, tend to be a 5-10 or 11, half sizes in the single-digits only range. When a womanless beauty pageant participant appears in heels or at least shoes not typically marketed to guys, that shows me a degree of commitment to the bit that I find commendable. This usually isn't a problem for younger participants since they're usually still in manageable sizes but oftentimes there will be older teens/adults ladied up then in like cowboy boots or plain flip-flops.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula_56 View Post
    They are typically done as fundraisers for charity. Many of the contestants are burly men in dresses, however there are typically more than a few, whom I might say this is not their first time to the rodeo.
    This comment brought back my working days when there was the charitable event of "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes." Men would don women's shoes and parade down the street. The women in my office would line the street trying to figure out which guys were cross dressers based upon the ease they walked in high heels. It was rather obvious some guys had a lot of practice.

There are a lot of postings on Youtube of boys wearing prom dresses. Posting also of guys in wedding dresses. None of these ideas took hold when I was growing up. Locally, I never see anything like this.

Aspiring Member
    Well, my school had them, but unfortunately I did not participate. At the time I was just 13 years old and while I was secretly crossdressing, I was afraid it was too humiliating and shameful. I just couldn't bring myself to it. It remains one of my greatest missed opportunities.
    My middle school went up to the 8th grade, and during Spirit Week the highlight was always the Womanless Beauty Pageant. The 8th grade boys were the only ones allowed to serve a contestants. A couple weeks before Spirit Week the parents all got notices about the week's events and the rules for contestants in the womanless pageant. The parents had to give permission for contestants to participate and were strongly encouraged to attend the event. It was always held on the last day of spirit week (also dress as you dare day), and was the last event of the day.
    My mother was familiar with event and even knew a couple neighbors who served as contestants. So when Spirit Week was approaching she brought the topic up to me. She asked if I wanted to be in the pageant and I told her "no". She said it would be fun, and pictures would be in the yearbook. I still said, "no". She said, don't say "no" until you give it a chance. She offered to dress me up at home, just for a test run... I said "no", and that ended the discussion.

Silver Member
    The buried comment of "boys wearing prom dresses" caused me to Google there. Lots of pics of some really beautiful girls.

I often day dream of performing in a burlesque, doing a strip tease on stage. Lately, ive been buying a few new formal to business attire dresses on ebay; I will often tell the seller, that I am going to be doing a striptease with the dress that I am buying from them. Every time, ive gotten positive responses of the sellers, many of which use to wear the dress that I am buying from them. =]