Thread: Funny thoughts while building garden shed...

Funny thoughts while building garden shed...

Ok, yesterday was sort of nice out early on & I was making the most of the good weather by putting the finishing touches on the siding of a garden shed I've been building. As I was working I kept getting lost in thought about a new pink dress I purchased on ebay last week, thinking how it will look, how I would accessorize it, which shoes would look best etc. After I had the picture vividly clear in my mind I snapped back to reality and looked down at myself... Work boots, carpenter pants, tool belt with pouch hammer & tape measure, flannel shirt and canvas vest. Then I just started laughing at how very different the picture was in my mind from how I actually looked at that time.

Platinum Member
    Add a bra and some forms, maybe a little eye shadow, liner and lipstick and you?re carpentering pretty
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    MaryAnn,
    It is possible to combine the two , I kept making excuses now I have Dickies women's overalls piped in red and femme workboots , I also keep my old wig for the hot , dirty jobs .

I was asked by a GG friend to put her plaster coving up in her bathroom , she told me a friend from work would be calling so she did have a surprise when I appeared in workwear , makeup and wig . Her next door neighbour stopped me and asked to quote to put up all his plaster coving , it made my day .

Gold Member
    During this "Shut In", I am building a model train layout in my Basement.
    I am wearing a Jean skirt, Pole (fem) Top, Bra and panties and a Spandex
    girdle for support. Enjoying every minuet of it.
    Rader

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maybe I don't get it? My guess is u would look a whole lot different in guy mode a suit and tie for a wedding or big event, too.

So, was it the work outfit or the male/female contrast? Next time u work on a project, wear a wig, shaping gear, bra and forms, an old dress or women's jeans. See how that contrasts with the pink dress in your mind?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reality Check
    Years ago I worked with some female trades people. Of course, if you're working in the trades, you have to dress appropriately. No pink dresses for those women, work shirts and jeans or work pants. No fancy nails or hairdos, no high heels.

A couple of them cleaned up nice but most did not.
    Krisi