Thread: I Sort Of Outed Myself

I Sort Of Outed Myself

I have been working from home and dressing everyday. Sunday I got totally dressed and even painted my nails. Yesterday I decided to take a shower later in the day and remove my nail polish before my shower. We had a wind storm come through and lights started flickering, so I took a quick shower before we lost power. After the shower I decided to just put on man clothes in case I needed to go outside in a hurry. Just as I got pants and shirt on, the neighbor was banging on my door yelling are you ok. I open the door and said yep and he explained a few minutes earlier her heard a big band near my house and my shed was knocked off the foundation blocks. Damn tree fell on it. We went out and checked on it. We were standing talking and he eventually left. I went back inside and that was when i realized my finger nails were still a bright shade of red. About a year ago I forgot I had ear rings on and answered the door to the same neighbor, I explained that off to the fact I do a Captain Morgan outfit for various events and I need to keep my ear piercings open. He may have accepted that, but the bright red nail polish is a different story. Moral of this story is if you are not out to your neighbors never let your guard down when dressing.

Platinum Member
    Perhaps he didnt notice in the excitement
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I only wish!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If I were u I wouldn't worry about it unless he mentions it. It sounds like it won't affect your relationship with him.
    If he mentions it, come up with another Captn Morgan excuse!

And, what's he going to do? Tell folks he saw u wear nail polish one time?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Maybe with all the commotion he didn't notice. I was close to outting myself to my sister in law earlier this week. She wanted a picture of a dish I just cooked, I took the picture and I was just about to send it. Thank God my wife looked at the picture and noticed I was in full view in my mirror backsplash. I was so concentrating on the dish I didn't notice anything else. I hope it all works out with your niebour and things don't get weird, but I'm sure you would have noticed some weird reaction.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 04-14-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    No matter what lie you come up with he most likely won't believe it anyway.
    I wouldn't worry about it because its none of his business anyway.
    Would you make a big deal out of it if he had the nail polish on?
    You didn't come anywhere close to outing yourself IMO.

I'm with Tracii on this. Maybe he noticed but it is none of his business and I doubt he would even mention it. If you were wearing the nail polish with a nice A line skirt and boots, then the analysis might be slightly different.

Robin
    I'm just trying to find a decent melody
    A song that I can sing in my own company

U2

Well if Capt. Jack Sparrow can wear eyeliner, Capt. Morgan can wear matching nail polish to his uniform coat.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Silver Member
    Relax, I've lived all over the states and several places around the world. I've found that many people don't really care what you wear. If they can't fire you there isn't a lot they can do to you. They don't have to be friendly, but that is their loss.

Reality Check
    I don't paint my nails and I seldom wear more makeup than lipstick and beard cover for that very reason. I never know when I will have to answer the door. Most of the time I don't answer the door, but sometimes I have to. I can get back to male mode in about a minute if I rush. Painted nails and eye makeup would make it more like a half hour.
    Krisi

I wear red nail polish in male mode quite frequently. I get lots of complements from women. ???

I've done it so much I don't even think about it.

Nail polish is not such a big deal. Some men paint their nails and they're not crossdressers. Usually not in red colour, but red is still a colour many people like and it doesn't really scream "women only". You should just treat that as nothing special, if he ever asks about that. But since he didn't say anything right then, he probably won't in the future either.

Hi Danielle,

I wouldn't worry about it. If he didn't say anything to you right then and there he probably didn't notice.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Silver Member
    Hope you have as good a neighbor as I did. I took a nap on a couch while moving. I was fully dressed when the neighbor walked in. I had left the door open. He never said a word about what I was wearing as he showed me around the property. Was always friendly while I lived there.

I wouldn't worry about it. He probably didn't notice. You may think that it's obvious and you may look for painted fingernails but most men don't.

Even if he did notice on the basis that he said nothing at the time, whilst he's probably confused as to why, he's probably to polite to ask.

I have slipped up many times and never got a comment.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

At halloween i dressed up as Harley Quinn. I was getting complements on my makeup and legs from a young lady who asked me why i chose that costume. I told her that I really just wanted to wear the fishnets!! She said that I zhould just wear them under my male clothes anytime. I reckon that i outed myself there