Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never pantyhose to work again

Never pantyhose to work again

In the winter I wear think leggings to work and in the spring I go to a thinner legging. This year for the first time I started wearing tights. Yesterday already being a Monday after a long weekend I went to pull up the tights and I ripped them. Not wanting to go rummaging in the bedroom and wake up my wife I found a pair of black pantyhose. I've never wore pantyhose to work before and thought it would make a boring Monday interesting. Well worst decision ever, I didn't get anything done, I was out of focus and I couldn't concentrate at all. Everytime I moved I felt the smooth and silk feeling rubbing against my work pants. I was more careful with what I was going because I didn't want it to be the day I rip my work pants and exspose them. Well I'm not doing that again unless if I want to loss my job, but it was exciting, but risky. I know it's not the most interesting post but I feel like when something exciting happens I want to express it. I have a very open relationship with my wife and when I came home I told her what I thought was an exciting day. But she was listening with a "yah,yah" with her face into her phone on Instagram. I guess it's more exciting finding out about everybody else's life. Thanks for letting me share my excitement.

Maria, your story kind of made me smile as I thought back to when I wore hose under my pants in cold weather back in the late 80s to early 90s. I got away with it for the most part. I even wore some thigh highs a few times but was always worried about them slipping to my feet without warning even though that never happened in front of anyone. So one day I had the thigh highs on, and I came home from work and sat on the sofa. After a while my wife sat next to me and put her hand on my leg. Darned if she didn?t immediately feel the thigh high elastic band and I was busted. I did not do that again. My luck she just happened to put her hand there. I just thought I would share that as it seems funny looking back on it but not so at the time.

Sandi

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Glad I don't have to worry about what others think.

Silver Member
    For several years I wore long leg panty girdles with nylons. I had a couple girls feel my legs and find my fasteners. I wore panty hose for many years. They became just standard wear. When petty pant slips became popular I included them. The women wore them under their business suit shorts that were popular at the time. I never had any problems with wearing panty hose.

One day I was in a department store looking at lingerie. A woman came up to the SA that was talking to me and asked her how to keep her slip from having static electricity. The SA said wear a pair of panties over your pantyhose. The woman and I listened to the SA and the woman wanted to buy a pair of panties so the SA guided her to another table. I was about to leave when the SA came back and asked if I had found anything I liked. I told her that I wasn't sure they were the right size. She told me, If you are wearing panties you can try them on over them. I took the offer and purchased them. This was back in the 70s

Aww, c'mon. You know you'll be wearing them again. I know I will.😊

Thank you, that is annoying. I finally figured out the terms from lightest to heaviest

sheer pantyhose
    40 denier pantyhose
    80 denier pantyhose
    tights
    leggings
    yoya pants
    etc, say boring....

I wore pantyhose quite often when i was working now retired stockings mostly!

I tried pantyhose a few times years ago but found them constricting. I much prefer thigh highs w/silicone or garter stockings. I?d give ph another try sometime though. Everything in the waist area was tight, legs felt great.

Maria, I wear stockings not pantyhose, but I know what you mean about the feeling.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

For the last 10 years at work I wore pantyhose under my slacks. Yes, I had to be more careful but I've done it for so many years it has come to feel natural.

I feel off when I DON'T wear hose under my pants.

Maria, good for you for trying it. Tights do feel nice under trousers. Underdressing is great for those of us who are not out to public.
    I always wear tights under my trousers for work, unless it is hot weather. Fortunately it's not hot here very often. (some say English summer is the best day of the year )

Linda, that's how i feel now. Underdressed is the norm.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I?ve also worn both pantyhose and thigh highs for years and know exactly what you felt. Recently, I mostly wear thigh highs or nylon stockings with either a garter belt or girdle. Slipping on hose of any kind in the mornings start my day with a smile.

Outside of thermal or heavy weight tights, does anyone else find that when you are outside, and it's cold, even while worn under a pair of pants, work pants or jeans, that it can feel FREEZING!
    I honestly thought to myself, how the heck can so many GG's wear a skirt and nylons when it's snowing out??
    I have to give them kudo's!!

Which leads me to a spin-off point.
    Could you imagine, if more SO's, wive's, GF's, were more open to their partner dressing and using makeup?

Then they would REALLY understand when we say to them, "hey, you look so fantastic, and your makeup looks perfect, your nails, or, do you want to wear my coat because it's cold?"
    Because they would realize, that we better understand their personal struggle to make it all happen, then they would REALLY know that the compliment (or concern) becomes so much more personal, insightful and meaningful.
    Yea I know...I'm a dreamer

Platinum Member
    I never wore pantyhose to work. I did wear a panty sometimes, but, found it was too bothersome. I had to sit on the toilet rather than stand before a urinal. Based upon the rave reviews I read on this forum I tried under dressing when I retired. Usually in the late fall and winter when I wore a sweatshirt I'd fully under dress; bra, panty, camisole, pantyhose. Two things I did not care for about under dressing; one, it was bothersome to use a public bathroom, and, two I did not feel anything positive. I did switch to thigh high stockings worn with a garter girdle. The pants did not hug my legs so the tabs did not show when walking. It made it easier to use public bathroom, but, it still did nothing for me. Now as a retiree I usually wear either a black or a white nylon brief.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 04-15-2020 at 10:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maria, I think u explained the excitement of under dressing!

When I tried it, like u I found the gear I wore quite distracting! Altho, pantyhose were the least of my worries! The tite, restricting, girdle and bra were what I noticed the most. In fact, the constant irritation caused by those items cured me of under dressing forever in just over a week!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I have always had trouble with panty hose SPLITTING on my thighs (Blowouts) when I sit on a soft chair or couch---Not that I am fat, but usually the size is too small and the hose is "Cheap"-----In my disguise shopping, I discovered the solution. They make HOSE with an attached "Garter-belt" arrangement instead of the "panties" part. My Fishnets are all that way. Much more forgiving--no more Blowouts.

I wear pantyhose under my work pants all the time, except in warm weather.

To spice it up a bit, wear stockings and a garter belt. I do that from time to time.

Like some others here, I found underdressing at work much too distracting. Only did it a couple of times. Newly retired (thanks to the pandemic) and still getting used to being able to dress all the time.

Why do some of you like to push the envelope, especially where you could be put in a very uncomfortable position? Please enlighten me. Personally, I can't see jeopardizing one's livelihood for a few hours of a cheap thrill.
    Jon
    Last edited by Joni T; 04-15-2020 at 04:17 PM.

What are the chances that someone will find out you are under dressing at work? Unless you have a heart attack at work the chances are nil. it is not like management does an surprise underwear check.

Outside of thermal or heavy weight tights, does anyone else find that when you are outside, and it's cold, even while worn under a pair of pants, work pants or jeans, that it can feel FREEZING!

Easy, peasy. Go to REI, and look for base layers, which are basically updated material tights designed for warmth. There is the same time of garment available for cyclists, but look for without the chamois

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumped View Post
    What are the chances that someone will find out you are under dressing at work? Unless you have a heart attack at work the chances are nil. it is not like management does an surprise underwear check.
    There have been many threads/postings of bra straps and adjusters being discovered by women. Stay with the panties if you must.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped View Post
    What are the chances that someone will find out you are under dressing at work? Unless you have a heart attack at work the chances are nil.
    Exactly, and even if they did, what would they do about it. In Europe and America, if they tried to sack you, they'd be breaking the law.

Aspiring Member
    I found the same thing about wearing pantyhose under my trousers. It is too distracting. In my line of work, I must get the job done well or I get fired. I cannot afford being distracted. That goes double on the days when I work around our heavy machinery. After underdressing pantyhose once forty years ago, I never did it again.

After wearing pantyhose under my slacks at work for a while I didn't even notice them.

Yes, my job could be stressful and tense at times. The hosiery never impacted my performance and when the **#)$*$ hit the rotary air impellor I was off and running taking care of business and hosiery be damned.

It never mattered a bit.