Thread: A change of plans

A change of plans

At the beginning of this year before all this madness started I booked a holiday home for a week in the middle of November, a week away on my own, time to be spent as Helen, possibly the highlight of my year.

Under normal circumstances my SO and I would as we?re both retired, footloose and fancy free, spend time away in our touring caravan exploring the many lovely places that the UK has to offer. Well of course Covid-19 has put an end to that for the foreseeable future and it?s quite possible holidaying could be something we struggle to do this year.

Hence I?m faced with a dilemma. It?s possible that the restrictions are lifted in time for us to get away on an extended ?Grand tour?. Four to six weeks living a nomadic lifestyle exploring various parts of let?s say the south of England for arguments sake. Now should this happen then I?ll feel OK about my week away but if for whatever reason we can?t get away then in all consciousness taking time away alone would seem to be utterly, selfishly, the wrong thing to do.

I could move the booking to give us more opportunity to get away but comfortable and well equipped as our caravan is, holidaying in the winter months isn?t ideal as getting out for the day to do the touristy things when it?s cold and wet isn?t my idea of fun.

So there?s a chance that my week away might become a shared holiday with Helen leaving her cases behind and 2020 is a year the world is deprived (or spared depending upon your point of view) of Helen?s company. I can?t deny I would be disappointed but I can book something for early 2021 by which time hopefully the world will be back on an even keel.

So for now it?s a bit of a waiting game I guess and to keep reminding myself that there?re many who won?t make it through this crisis so my problems in the wider scheme of thing aren?t so great.

Better to stay and hide away and live to dress another day.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Yes, we have similar issues with a trip to North America. Recently KLM cancelled the last segment of the return trip, but not the overall trip (4 segments). Thanks! SoOoo... we can do 75% of the trip but will need to walk the last 750 miles, easy-breezy.

I have a trip to the UK planned and booked for October 2020. I'm not going to can it just yet.

So Helen I take it that you don't dress in front of your SO? Maybe you could rent some larger vacation place and split the space for a few hours, once in a while? If your SO is okay (sorry, I can't remember your situation, DADT or other...).

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I refuse to let Covid affect my Sherry time. She's more active than I am!

However, our family trip to Oz this summer, and my T friend and my's Asia trip this Fall u doomed at this point!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by DianeT View Post
    So Helen I take it that you don't dress in front of your SO? Maybe you could rent some larger vacation place and split the space for a few hours, once in a while? If your SO is okay (sorry, I can't remember your situation, DADT or other...).
    Diane,

I'm in the closet to all so my time away is my opportunity to go fully enfemme for the entire week. Within an hour of arriving I'll be dressed and in the supermarket getting a few basic supplies.

I'd timed my stay to coincide with the monthly meeting of a CD social group, one I've attended several times before and always made welcome. I'll use public transport to go on shopping expeditions, dine out, go to the cinema if there's a film I fancy. Really I just look to fill as much time as I can being out and about with the muggles.

Much as I'm looking forward to having this time to myself as I say, I'd not feel comfortable taking such a holiday if my SO and I haven't had the chance to take time away with each other, to do the married couple bits. Regular life has to take president over my desires. I'll get other opportunities, it'll be all the more welcomed afterall, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I understand.
    Love the "muggles" bit

It sucks it really does!

But what you wrote here

Better to stay and hide away and live to dress another day,

Says it all!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator