I've decided to come out as trans at the young age of 66. I've known I was in the wrong type of body since I was 11, but back then I didn't know what was wrong and my family were experts in shame and guilt. By the time society was becoming open about trans people I was in a relationship with a woman I passionately loved and didn't want to lose. The last several years she came to understand where I was mentally and emotionally. I would frequently get questions from her about did I want to vacation somewhere that I could spend a month crossdressed? Hell yeah! We didn't get the chance though.
Well she passed away last month. It's been hard, but I've decided I'm not blowing any more time having the wrong plumbing or hormones.I came out to the VA (my medical team) and a few close friends. I have endocrinology blood tests in July (because the damned covid-19 is slowing things up) and after that, I'll start to come out to more friends and family.
I'm living in a SMALL town (pop. 20) so it's not going to take long for word to get around. I'm not really friends with any of them so I'm not worried about opinions or gossip.
I can't believe how long it takes to change your name and all the other documentation in North Dakota. Basically, it looks like they are saying I can't change anything until I've fully transitioned, surgery and all. That doesn't make sense.