Thread: Girls are Applauded for playing Sports! Could we have been cute cheerleaders ?

Girls are Applauded for playing Sports! Could we have been cute cheerleaders ?

I always thought when I was young that with the heavy makeup the girls wore in the South that boys could fit right in ! If we were only encouraged and applauded for joining the squad it would have been so much fun ?
    Did you ever fantasize about wearing cute outfits like this ? I wish I had been able to try one on when I was young !
    Still have never worn a puffy petticoat are they as fun as they look ?

b.jpg
    1.jpg

Most cheerleaders don’t use petticoats. Also, there ARE male cheerleaders.

A petticoat may well have been my first item of female clothing. My sister and I spent with my grandparents. My grandmother had at least 1 petticoat. I remember wearing one when I was 4 or 5.

Aspiring Member
    My straight Male friend was a cheerleader for a major sec football powerhouse in the 2000s. Went to national championships to cheer. Definitely some interesting stories.

While sort of mentioned, these photos are of drill or dance teams not cheerleaders. My high school had a a few (very small number) of male cheerleaders but there were never any males in the drill team. Each school has their own uniforms/costumes they wear; there are a range of varieties. My high school didn?t have this petticoat look, at least for regular games (that I can remember). They may have used these variant of a uniforms/costumes for other competitions/performances, I just don?t know.

But yes even back in high school I had some fantasies of getting to wear those types of uniforms. I thought it would be fun to get to wear the bodysuits, tights (especially those), skirts, have long hair done up in a special way, the makeup and even the hat. I think it might be a little odd to try and buy all those items now and wear them around my apartment. Though I could still easily buy a fluffy petticoat and wear it with regular clothes or some sort of Halloween costume.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    OMG, Robbie! U just reminded me of a long ago event. A number of local cd.com T's organized to enter a costume contest together! As matching cheerleaders!

It was at Hamburger Mary's in Long Beach, SoCal. in 2013! Too much fun! We didn't win because u could only enter the contest individually!

Mods: I have permission to post these and did back in 2013.
    64555_4146368471647_2053423844_n.jpg

atrdxdfku76ryg (640x480).jpg

Me, catching some air!
    43714.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Maybe joining the squad would have been fun if you could have survived the beatings that probably would have ensued from the less understanding males of the 1960's. Wearing women's clothing back in the 1960's was done at your own peril. Sometimes things are best left in the world of fantasy. I'm sure there are a number of ladies on this site who have square dancing petticoats. The best I can do is don a petticoat that "poofs" out the voluminous skirt of a dress. I did buy my wife a very voluminous calf length pink petticoat which on occasion did end up on moi.

Go! Fight! Win! Y'all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Back when I started dressing again, one of my teenage daughters was a high school cheerleader. On any given day my house was full of cheerleaders practicing in the living room and raiding the refrigerator. Under the circumstances it would have been a little creepy to try to emulate them. I would just retreat to my office and put my headphones on to drown out the noise. How do teenage girls talk so fast, so much and all at the same time and still understand each other? It's mesmerizing! However, at the time I did have a square dance outfit not unlike the pics you posted. When I was growing up we did square dancing as a sport in school on rainy days.

You Go Nancy !

Yes I guess maybe the pics are of the drill team, but still the same idea !

The times have changed big time for Girls but not for Guys !

Yes times have changed for girls. For a retirement job, I coach 2 different sports, both boys and girls at the high school varsity level. I can tell you that the cheerleaders have taken a back seat to athletics.

The real popular girls are varsity athletes, not the cheerleaders.

Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Also, there ARE male cheerleaders.
    This reminded me of the cheerleader sketches on SNL.

It would be even more interesting if Will Ferrell wore the same outfit as Cheri Oteri.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Robbie, I would have loved to have been a cheerleader. All I can say is when growing up cheerleaders New England didn't look like the cheerleaders in Texas.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Hi Robbie, Yes for me petticoats are as fun as they look. I have several of different lengths that I wear at home under my fit&flare dresses.
    Cheers,
    Vale

Banned Read only
    I have my own cheer leading outfit which I will wear occasionally, but usually when I'm home and cheering for my favorite teams on TV.

I would never have wanted to be a cheerleader. I would have wanted a baseball uniform instead, lol....

I always wished I could wear those outfit (wait I still do lol) Micki what fun would it be to be a male cheerleader lol. Also include dance club, baton twirling and ballet outfits which might include petticoats.

Many many years ago I was a female cheer leader for the talent portion of a $1.98 beauty contest (yea I am that old) at a company Christmas party. Myself and another guy tied for first place. My wife was on the entertainment committee and told me about the tie before it was announced. She informed me the run off was who could put on a pair of pantyhose the fastest. She knew of my desire to cross dress but definitely did not like the idea. She asked me to please not win the contest because someone had asked her if I dressed as a cheer leader on a regular basis. I went out and deliberately made a fool of myself trying to put on the pantyhose. She was very thankful for me not winning and we had a great time when we got home. I do have to wonder about the other guy. He had the pantyhose on in about 10 seconds.LOL

No cheerleaders in the UK, so no.

I certainly fantasized about wearing the cute cheerleader outfits. I also loved the sparkling face paint...there is something so uniquely femine in expressing one's self through color and design. I also wanted to be the one who was pursued by the cute boys on the team.

Great pictures!!
    Some of my earliest memories were finding a crenoline slip in mom's sewing room closet and had to put it on. There was also a red and white fine checked print dress that was so cute that I had to try as well.
    Moments in time!! Such a great memory. Thanks for the reminder.