So, hopefully all are being safe in this difficult pandemic.I haven't been dressing for about a year( another story you can check out in previous posts if you're interested), but with much more time at home, I've spent some time pondering the place of CD-ing in my life. Like many here, the sexual nature of it faded over time, and in some ways it's more a character study ,like temporarily inhabiting a non-existent fantasy character. In examining this, I've spent a little time in some chat rooms, experimenting with playing a female character. Totally anonymous, nothing sexual...but applying what I've learned from my wonderful wife in interacting with guys, while playing a female role. I do think this part of me has given me at least a willingness to try to understand women a little better, and to try to see certain things from their perspective..not always successfully. The short summary of case studies from this experiment...most guys are incredibly clueless about talking to women. Apart from the large percentage who steer almost any conversation toward sex in a pretty crude way, the condescension, "mansplaining", and just general lack of understanding and respect is amazing. No wonder so many women have had it with men..we're a pretty bad lot on average!
Do any of you feel that your CD-ing has given you a bit more capacity to at least try to empathize with women?