Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever stick your foot in your mouth

Ever stick your foot in your mouth

Do you ever find yourself saying something and you don't realize you just stuck your foot in your mouth and not really realize what you just said. Well it just happened to me this morning. I got all dolled up for this beautiful rainy day, and my wife told me since shes bored she will give me some tips on my makeup. We spend about an hour and when she was done I looked in the mirror and said."it looks good but I still don't look like a woman". Well I got a smack on the back of head and she said "I HOPE NOT".

Not in the context of your question, no. Considering what some spouses are like, I would say you got off easy. Sort of.

Always consider your audience.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Platinum Member
    Yes, recently, like last week. Not in the world of femme though. I had just come back from taking my son's dog for a walk. My wife is recovering from total knee replacement surgery. Usually, she wants to take an afternoon walk. I asked her if she "wanted to take a walk, too?" I should have not thrown in the "too." I got the silent treatment for the rest of the afternoon.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm not sure I understood your post, Maria? Your SO was helping put on your make up and was happy u DIDN'T look female?

That sounds like she's either lousy at make up or was making u up to look like a man?!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

@ Stephanie - I don't care....that's funny …… facepalm: ...????????...Debra
    Last edited by Debra Russell; 04-19-2020 at 11:57 AM.

In the army, we didn't refer to a gross error as "sticking your foot in your mouth", but we referred to it as "stepping on you winky"

Jodi

Platinum Member
    Wha! You and I must have been in different armies. Never heard that term. Any term I heard would have **** on this forum. Definitely not an infantry term!

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    That's the big problem does she want to see you as a woman ?

After two years of being separated my wife decided she needed to meet me , she walked in my front door and threw her arms in the air and said , " Oh horrible , I can't deal with it !" I realise that was totally open to interpretation .

Back to your story , if your wife didn't like your comment why did she offer to show you how to improve your makeup ? I feel no matter what you said it wouldn't have been right .

Teresa some spouses are supportive like Maria spouse.I hope you aren't negative about everyone's spouse like your spouse. There are some truly supportive wife's on this site.

Banned Read only
    Jackie,
    I might be interesting to read Maria's reply . Negative or not it's what the majority of wives think , I've read enough threads from other members to know that .

Teresa thats the problem with what you are assuming. I never profess to know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I'm not sure I understood your post, Maria? Your SO was helping put on your make up and was happy u DIDN'T look female?

That sounds like she's either lousy at make up or was making u up to look like a man?!
    I agree with docrobbysherry.
    Don't make no difference what nobody says, Ain't nobody like to be alone - Bruce Springsteen

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I should have not thrown in the "too."
    Stephanie, you made my evening

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I don't get it, wasn't the whole point of putting on makeup to make you look like a woman? 🤔

Closest I get to putting my foot in my mouth, at least when it comes to CD'ing, is when my wife and I might be visiting with a few friends and the ladies start talking fashion and I join in and maybe know too much. My wife will lean over and whisper in my ear to back down a bit.

Other than that, I put my foot in my mouth all the time. No muffler, I say what is on my mind!

Platinum Member
    I?m pretty sure she knows you want to look as much like a woman as possible, with or without that remark
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I was in the entryway in view of the front door as a woman was coming in. She was wearing a dress and pantyhose. As she walked in the door, she started adjusting her pantyhose, and then she said, "I can't remember the last time I wore pantyhose."

Without even thinking, I responded, "I can't remember the last time I wore them either." I was in full man mode. I thought it was funny, but I got a dirty look from my wife. I don't even think the other woman heard me.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Some say I only open my mouth to change feet. I think my dad described it best when we were working a job together, and I had just blasted a co-worker with facts that made him and his statements look silly. It put dad (who was friends with the guy) kind of in a bad spot. He just grinned and said, “That boy has never had a filter between his brain and his mouth. If he thinks it, he’s saying it. You always know where you stand with him.”

He and I later had a private conversation about tact. I’m slightly better nowadays, no, come to think of it I’m not.
    Mostly a "manly man" but sometimes I really am overcome with an inner desire...

I only ever open my mouth to change feet
    Sophie Mosley

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I was in the entryway in view of the front door as a woman was coming in. She was wearing a dress and pantyhose. As she walked in the door, she started adjusting her pantyhose, and then she said, "I can't remember the last time I wore pantyhose."

Without even thinking, I responded, "I can't remember the last time I wore them either." I was in full man mode. I thought it was funny, but I got a dirty look from my wife. I don't even think the other woman heard me.
    You know that there are men who have jobs where wearing Pantie hose is a good Idea. Like out in the cold.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I don't usually think about that [men wearing pantihose for their job]. I'm originally from New England, and if it was cold out, men usually wore "Long Johns", not pantyhose. I skied a lot (wearing Long Johns, but, I never did have a job in New England where I had to work outside in the winter, the summer, but not the winter.

The first and only time I ever saw a dude wearing pantyhose was at an outdoor track meet in late fall. It was really cold, and a runner on the opposing team was wearing pantyhose under his track shorts. All of my friends kept elbowing each other and laughing at the dude wearing pantyhose. We were laughing a lot less after the meet when he beat the pants (or pantiees) off of us. We gave him a lot more respect. It also might have been the pantyhose that made the difference, because we never could get warmed up for our race. Nonetheless, that was a one off; I never saw it again. For winter track, we had out meets indoors at various local college indoor venus. We usually did sprints in the school corridor. We wee so tired of running the corridors, we were glad to be outside again, even if it was in to 40s (degrees F).
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Too funny, Count yourself lucky, that the ONLY thing you received was a smack in the back of the head.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Banned Read only
    Darla,
    I'll have to remember that quote , " Only opening your mouth to change feet !" I worked with a guy who use to say about thoughless /careless people , " He should select brain before engaging tongue !"

Majella,
    I can't help thinking that .

Oh my yes. While on a group couples vacation (4 couples) with my then girlfriend before I had told her about Rhonda, we were out to dinner and the waitress had really well done beautiful nails . . . . which I proceeded to lavishly compliment. Conversation stopped and I got the stink eye from the guys, and weirdly inquisitive looks from the women. I quickly explained that I considered giving a compliment to wait-staff to be like giving a tip ? a verbal tip. Admittedly lame, but it got the conversation going again. Months later when I came out to my G/F, the light bulb went off and she connected the dots. She told me to switch off girl-mode compliments when in male mode, lest my friends think I?m weirder than they already perceive me to be. She said that at the time she wondered if I was closeted gay.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Maria, I so enjoy your posts. As my sense of humor tends toward sarcasm, I often insert my foot directly in my mouth.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".