Thread: Polished Toenails

Reality Check

Polished Toenails

I stopped in Home Depot yesterday for some stuff and there was another guy shopping there wearing sandals with pink polish on each of his big toes. No polish on the rest of his toes.

Is this a "thing"? Does it mean something special?

BTW: This is in the USA.
    Krisi

Undoubtedly a message that says something personal about his perspective on gender. The painted toenails is not unusual as a clear sign of an identification with the feminine to some extent. Could be a first step toward something larger and more pronounced or perhaps as far as it goes. I would be willing to bet good money that he also had on panties. Fine with me. No pressure and no worries. We are all different and we all have a responsibility to ourselves to be ourselves, whatever that means to each person. Just be kind, caring, and respectful toward others. Unless of course, being yourself means being a serial killer or something along those lines. But that isn't gender and is not necessarily connected to gender either.

Whenever I see somebody with a gender hint I always give them a big smile and say something pleasant, but, in this case, not about their toenails. Just a signal of acceptance. That is all that is needed. I am not accepting their toenails; I am accepting the person who has those toenails.

Don’t assume too much. He might have just let his kids paint his toes to keep them occupied. Maybe is a breast cancer thing. Just like CDs don’t like people assuming they’re gay, you shouldn’t assume anything about other people based on their appearance.

Krisi, Interesting, I think I may do the same today and maybe finish them later in the week.
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    Krisi,
    I'm inclined to agree with Micki , the kids may have been bored locked down so they painted toe nails . Could be more to it then that , which reminds me I need to do mine .

Or, it could be that his big toes were so ugly, that a polish is the only way to go.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Could be like Maxwell house coffee. Good to the last drop. That?s all that was left in the bottle.

Like Micki said, could be his kids. Last week my daughter wanted to do nails. My wife got the first treatment, then it was my turn. She doesn't like to do toes though.

I also agree with Micki. Don't assume. If you can ask, do it, and if not let it go as something beautiful and wonderful where a person can do what they want and not let others opinions stop them.

In about 2002 I floated down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon for 7 days. My sister bought some bright toenail polish to put on her and her friend's, and anyone else on the trip if they wanted to. I didn't like the color they picked, so I went out and found some bright blue polish for me. Later during the trip, they painted their toes and I did my two big toes and then tried to get some of the other males on the boat to join me. I only got one, a great guy. It was fun and in a way, liberating to go against socially coerced choice of not doing that as a male. Now this was also way before I even started crossdressing!

I also have a good friend, a bartender, who is over 6 feet, about 200 pounds of pure muscle, cute with a great gentle personality that somehow doesn't fit so well with his tattooed arms. One day during my crossdressing days I somehow got to talking about toenail polish and asked him if he ever painted his toes. He said yes and then took off the shoe and sock on one foot to show me is pretty sparkly painted toes. From that day forward, whenever I see him I ask him, "What color on your toes today?".

Some people just want to do something different and let everybody see it. I love that and wish more would do it.

As others have said, don't assume.

One of my daughters put some lipstick on me not too long ago to practice.

Admittedly I wiped it off before going out but then perhaps he just couldn't be bothered to take off the polish before going out.

I don't know if it was a statement or what. I have mine done know in a gold color. just because it girly and I like it.
    Angie

Reality Check
    Update:

My wife's favorite nail tech used to work at a salon but recently left and opened her own place. Of course the virus thing shut that down so she is now doing house calls. Yesterday she came to do our nails and while talking to her I mentioned the guy at the home center. She said he was a regular at the salon where she used to work and would get just the big toe colored but with different colors each time.
    Krisi

Does your nail tech pro-rate the cost of the service by the number of nails she works on, Krisi?

They must have felt very strongly about displaying their toes if they did it in a Home Depot, of all places. With the things they carry, one is a lot safer wearing a sturdy pair of closed shoes.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

There could be a million reasons why only his big toes were painted. I wouldn't read too much into it.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

hello Krisi,
    might he have a granddaughter ?
    luv J

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by BTWimRobin View Post
    There could be a million reasons why only his big toes were painted. I wouldn't read too much into it.
    I was just wondering if it meant something special and if anyone had ever heard of it. Apparently, if it does mean something, it's a secret.
    Krisi