Thread: Good night and sweet dreams

Banned Read only

Good night and sweet dreams

When I was 19, my girlfriend's family had a lake cabin about a 2-hour drive from here. They were to take a 3-week vacation up at their lake place. I of course pleaded with her not to go. She pleaded with her parents, result being that they said I could come up there on Saturdays or Sundays, but only as a "day trip" by myself. I did that one Saturday. I and her whole family had fun together fishing, swimming and water skiing all day long.

I was to have supper with them then head home. We had a bad storm during supper, it felled a large tree across their driveway, trapping my Ford as well as her family's Buick. The cars weren't harmed, but the driveway up from the highway was blocked, and so I had to spend the night there. I hadn't counted on that, so I had no sleepwear of my own with me. Bev then "lent" me a "baby doll" pajama set of hers to sleep in. She referred to those PJ's as her "dollies". They actually fit me perfectly! Her dollies were pink chiffon, with ruffles on the top part as well as on her panties. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night, because I spent most of the night enjoying her heavenly PJ's. I thought she was just going to make me wear them to bed, but she also made me "model" them in front of her whole family. Lots of hoots, cat calls and wolf whistles were aimed at me. You should know that her whole family was very good at teasing, embarrassing or otherwise needling one another. That's just the way they were, but even so I liked all of them, because I was (am) that way too!

Did sleeping in her dollies or wearing them at breakfast the next morning embarrass or humiliate me? I would have to say no, as I thought the whole thing was a real hoot, and furthermore I actually enjoyed all the attention I was getting. Thinking about it today, they could have hidden all of my guy clothes, thus forcing me to drive back to Minneapolis only in Bev's dollies, but they didn't. Her family was a little playful at times, but they were in no way ever cruel or diabolical. After breakfast a neighbor came by and removed the dead tree with his tractor so I could leave.

So the whole memory of wearing Bev's PJ's stayed buried in my sub-conscious for several years. One day about 4 or 5 years ago, while my wife and I were chatting about things that happened before we met, the incident with wearing Bev's PJ's came up. The best thing about that was my recollection of how heavenly it felt to sleep in Bev's baby doll PJ's. I longed for that wonderful feeling again. To quote from part of my bio: "Why should girls have all the fun"?

A day or so later I went to Sears looking for something else, but instead found several baby doll PJ sets on "summer clearance", very similar to Bev's PJ's that I slept in those many years ago. They were priced so ridiculously low at only 2 or 3 dollars a set, that I couldn't resist them. Recalling how wonderful it felt to sleep in Bev's PJ's, I just had to have them! Of course I slept in my new PJ's that same night, and have been sleeping in only that kind of PJ's ever since.

So what did my wife think about my sleepwear preferences? Although she knew about me being a "panty guy" for many years, when she first saw me wearing my new PJ's she was somewhat shocked, thinking that there was "something wrong" with me. I told her the truth, saying that there is nothing "wrong" with me, that I'm the very same person I've always been, and nothing about me has changed. I think it has taken her some time to get over her suspicions and realize that nothing has changed with me, and that I'm still the same loving husband that I've always been.

Lately she has been complimenting me on my lingerie with such remarks as: "I think that your lingerie is prettier than any of mine" or "That really looks nice on you" or "That's so pretty, I want that". The other day she said I looked like Marilyn Monroe or maybe Dolly Parton after seeing me in my pink chiffon baby dolls with satin trim which were advertised (for whatever that's worth) as "baby dolls for the full-figured woman". I always remember to thank her when she compliments me like that. We don't trade lingerie back and forth, since we wear different sizes, and also because she prefers cotton, whereas I prefer nylon, chiffon, satin or silk.

Today that feeling is just as wonderful as it was that time I wore Bev's PJ's. Now that I have that heavenly feeling back, I don't ever want to lose it. I will not sleep in anything else. Now I sleep in only nylon, satin, chiffon or silk so-called woman's PJ's. Some of my PJ sets are plain, while some others have satin or ruffles or lace trim on them. I made a slight alteration to a few of my warm weather PJ sets. Although the tops have remained much the same over the years, current baby dolls have either thongs or G-strings for the bottoms, rather than briefs or "boy shorts" like the vintage ones. I gave some of my PJ sets a more "vintage" or "retro" look by changing off the bottoms. I did that by substituting regular nylon briefs or hi-cuts or "boy-short" or bikini style panties from my extensive panty (day-wear) collection.

So what about winter or cooler weather PJ's? Again, I wear only slippery nylon, satin, chiffon or silk. The tops are bed jacket style and the bottoms are full length pajama pants. Of course if the top is a full length (down or nearly down to the ankles) nightgown, often referred to as a "granny gown", then I simply add some full cut briefs from my extensive day-wear (panty) stash.

Thanks for reading, have a good day and stay healthy

Thanks for sharing your story

Banned Read only
    Thanks for sharing. I too prefer wearing something slinky to bed, especially ankle length nylon gowns, rather than male PJ's. I do remember the days of "baby dolls." I remember a lot of movies for teenagers with the girls wearing "baby dolls." Glad to hear your wife is accepting.

Aspiring Member
    Thanks for sharing. I am sure that wearing your GF?s baby doll nightie was very exciting! Glad you spouse is accepting.

The skeptic in me has seized control. You have two threads running, the first suggesting that panties along with your mother’s help, started your career in cross dressing, and the second suggesting that pjs from your girl friend was the inciting event. One wonders if you are writing fantasies. But one can be incorrect, too.

cool story.
    needs more dragons....
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Read only
    OK Laura912, I started wearing panties when I was 6 and have been wearing ever since. I wore my girlfriends PJ's when I was i9, but just that one time. It was several years later that I began wearing fem PJ's for good. So there's actually a "gap" between the one time that I wore Bev's PJ's and the time I started wearing fem PJ's full time after I was married. So wonder no more, this is no fantasy.

If or when I do write fantasy, which BTW can be a tool in any accomplished writer's tool box, it will be clearly labeled as such. Fantasy writing when done by me can be clearly identified by text such as: "I wish that dream I had last night would have......", or similar wording. Hope that clears things up.

My "outerwear" cross-dressing started about a year after the one-time wearing of Bev's Pj's. That was helped along by another girlfriend named Carol. "Carol" will be covered in a future post.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    The skeptic in me has seized control. You have two threads running, the first suggesting that panties along with your mother’s help, started your career in cross dressing, and the second suggesting that pjs from your girl friend was the inciting event. One wonders if you are writing fantasies. But one can be incorrect, too.
    Some how I seem to have the same feeling

Linda, Great story.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".