Thread: stopped for license check.

Smile stopped for license check.

After getting all dressed up with make-up,dress and heels I decided to go for a drive as it was getting dark. I had driven about 10 miles when I rounded a curve and was looking straight at a roadblock. There was nothing to do or no place to go so I pulled up to the officer and rolled my window down. The officer shined a light directly into my eyes and asked if I had a valid drivers license. I kind of mumbled yes and started reaching for my purse. Just as I grabbed my purse he said thank you maam have good evening. He has no idea how he made my whole day.

Hi there. Sounds like everything worked out just fine. It is always a good idea to have all your paperwork handy and in order when dressing and driving because you never know when that might happen. The last time I got stopped at one of those road blocks, they had tow trucks hauling off cars as people were being arrested. When it was my turn to show my license, I politely said that they seemed busy tonight, and the officer said ? you would not believe and said have a nice day. Always best to be polite and prepared.

Sandi

Banned Read only
    Sounds as if the police may have been looking for somebody in particular or people matching a description. Or, if it was a roadblock looking for DUI's (drinking or drugs) opening a window so he could smell your breath and see the dilation of your pupils satisfied his inquiry. We have state patrol officers and local police officers who are specially trained to make determinations of drug impairments. One good reason not to be under the influence if you're all dolled up. Heck of a booking picture.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Last time I ran into a road check I had all my stuff out ready for him.
    He said its nice to see someone ready with all the papers. I said just doing my part to speed things along.
    He said you must be a truck diver because you have everything in order. I laughed and said I am a retired truck driver so you guessed right.
    He said carry on miss and have a great evening.

I think the officer just wanted to avoid an unnecessary fiasco. Say they had to book you, who'd pat you down? If (perish the thought) they had to put you in a cell, would they put you with the men or the women?

I suppose some folks that look like us might be ripe for a soliciting charge, but not when we're alone in our cars and in a traffic stop. Or the cop might have been a closet tranny who took mercy on you.

But yeah, keep all documents on hand and available when asked. Saves a lot of time.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The police are trained to deal with trans people and reg CDers so its nothing to them.
    If you are breaking the law thats different but if you are just in public they have no reason to charge you with anything.

Yes I?ve been pulled over twice in the last 15 years just to check I assume drugs or dui always been polite and they never said a word about my dressing or why I was even out usually it?s when I?m on my way home from visiting friends. Just roll my window down open
    My purse and get my license and they say have a good night and go on. I say the same to them as well. Always be polite and listen well just to be on the safe side.

Pedalgirl, The stop can't be for a license check, there needs to be probate cause for that. Could have been DUI checkpoint and it was obvious you were not drunk. The question about the license was just to get you to speak so the officer could smell your breath. Not the best practice given cover-19.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    The police are trained to deal with trans people and reg CDers so its nothing to them.
    If you are breaking the law thats different but if you are just in public they have no reason to charge you with anything.
    They can arrest someone (or, to use the proper legalese - take them into custody) If they find someone (not necessarily the op) has an outstanding* warrant for an already existing charge.

*Or even an average one.

As far as the police training, I sure hope you’re right, but training doesn’t automatically guarantee there will be no bad situations.
    Last edited by Patience; 04-22-2020 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Details, details...

Reality Check
    I suspect it was a DUI check.
    Krisi

Glad everything worked out okay for you

Aspiring Member
    Yes. usually these roadblocks are to check for DUI, drugs are warrants. Better to cooperate and give them your license. They may ask if that is really you, which you should take as a compliment! Don't drink (excessively) and drive! I have not been through a roadblock or pulled over while driving. The only time I interfaced with a police officer was one night I was out. The lady I stay with (Airbnb host) had driven me into downtown as there was an event and parking was scarce. I called her and she picked me up after a night having dinner, a few drinks and enjoying the event (it was a nighttime bike race in downtown Athens, GA). On the way home, she accidentally turned her headlights off and did not notice it as the road was well lit. We got pulled over. They checked her license and told her that her lights were off. A second officer came over to my window and asked if we had been drinking. I explained that I had but she had not and that she came and picked me up so I would not be driving. He never checked my ID and they said have a good night ladies! I felt that I had passed and that made me so happy. The lady and I laughed, exchanged a few comments about what had happened.
    Michellecd9999

I was stopped once for an ID check,actually 3 times. We left the house and went through the checkpoint. Right after going through, my wife noticed that she forgot something. So, we went home and through the checkpoint a second time. We went through the checkpoint a third time on the way back out. Each time we went through, different officers checked us and we both had to provide our licenses three times.

By the third time, I was planning on protecting my civil rights (The right against illegal search) and ask the police if they had probable cause. My wife asked me not to; she said they could come up with probable cause if they wanted to.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    One of the realities of this world is tha crossdressing is becoming No Big Deal. And most public servants like the police are trained and instructed to treat us the same as anyone else. There is no need to be nervous. In fact, had you been nervous during your encounter, the officer might have seen it as a sign you were up to no good, nothing to do with your crossdressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah2B View Post
    Are you a productive member of society? Are you obeying the laws for where you live? If so you will get along fine with them. If not then you are the type of person they are looking for.
    Whether a person is a productive member of society or not and how law abiding they are are none of the police's business unless there is evidence that a person broke the law. And even then, the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, where the adjudication is done by court officials and a jury, thank you very much.

There also is no law in the books that says a citizen, no matter how law abiding, has to get along well with the police. Conversely, how well a person gets on with the police has nothing to do with how law abiding they may happen to be.

Your point about it being a dangerous job is well taken, but why you felt the need to bring it up in this thread is unclear. No one was criticizing the police to begin with.

Oh, and what’s with the cop killer comment Are you hoping that will make an argument you can’t articulate with words? Are you so aware of the weakness and inappropriateness of your argument you have to resort to an emotional appeal? I’m curious now.

What are you not telling us?
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 04-23-2020 at 03:43 AM. Reason: edited due to change in the previous post