Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many years

How many years

I guess due to coronavirus some of us think up strange things meaning me I suppose, guess cabin fever is setting in too. We also know when most of us when we started dressing. Well when you figure exactly how many years it gives me a different outlook. Geez it?s been for me as of 2020. Thirty eight years (38). To me i guess it like age and creeps up on you really fast. Just a different outlook on it. How about yours in physical years.
    Be Yourself, Everybody else has been Taken......Oscar Wilde

I go to the beat of a different drummer

Susan Michelle

Aspiring Member
    No one wants to admit to how many years, at it gives our age away. Let's just say I have been through several fashion trends and I love most of them. A few I look at and go UGH who the heck through that was attractive?

Michelle
    Michellecd9999

Two, going on three...after a thirty year hiatus. It never went away.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Reality Check
    I didn't just wake up one morning and decide to become a crossdresser and order a full set of items, I slowly slid into it over many years. It was mostly just a bra and padding until a few years ago when I came out to my wife and bought the forms, butt, wig, and clothes.

So, it's hard to put a number on it.
    Krisi

It's hard to remember exactly, because I was so young. I would say approximately 62-65 years. It is sobering to think that gender identity has been one of the principal themes of my entire life. It has probably played some part in every major decision or life choice I have ever made. Certainly, my deepest personal relationships bear the stamp of it. I know it has affected my job choices as well.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I've been full dressing with make up, wigs and forms for about 16 years but dabbled for over 40 years

If I go all the way back to when my mother started dressing me at the age of 3...well lets just say a very very long time

53 years off and on, but fully dressed for 15 yrs , but only a few times a month.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I didn't even THINK ABOUT DRESSING until I was in my 50's! That was about 25 years ago!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My first experience, with nylons, occurred many years ago. I?ve lost count.

Platinum Member
    I'm 72 years old. I can remember doing somethings involving female clothing at an early age, but, at that time I did not equate those events to cross dressing. My grandparents moved from the Bronx to upstate New York when I was twelve. That gives me some frame of reference for the time period I had donned some of my mother's clothing. When I went to my grandparents home in the Bronx sometimes there was absolutely nothing to do. No children's books. No toys. Nothing to watch on television. Almost had to sit with hands folded on my lap. Oh, grandpa did have a workshop in the daylight basement where he and I did make boats that always sunk in a lake, but, that was not the boring times. I had discovered one of my mother's jumpers in a draw which I tried on out of boredom. My parents told me to take it off. At home I discovered I liked the feel of my mother's nylon slips and nightgowns. I felt no kinship to womanhood. I just liked the feel of the fabric. Nylon was unlike any of my boy clothes.

When puberty set in then things started to happen. I have no idea why I was drawn to wearing all of my mother's clothes; bra, panty (yuck style wise), slip, stockings and a summer dress. I felt revulsion. There was self loathing. I often think about those feelings. If I just wore the clothes as a lark, I think I would not have had those negative feelings. I was being drawn to something that was counter culture. Something society did not approve of. Why would a teenage boy who lusted after girls and movie starlets act in this manner? Very confusing.

That's when I would affirm there was something more than "goofing around" in women's clothing out of total boredom. So, I'd say this journey has been several years shy of sixty years. During this journey there were time periods when I actually had zero interest in emulating a woman to satisfy some inner need.

I'm 60 years old and what I used to think was around 38 years but then going to therapy I realized, or remember that my first times was before being 9 years old, so you count the years, 52 years without know I was a transgender and fighting with feelings of guilt, gender dysphoria...

Devi
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I have been dressing in some form from as long as I can remember, I would say I was about 8 to 10 age range. Over the years the urge came and went. In the past 15 years the urge is constant. I also started taking it further with make up wig forms jewelry shoes etc.... I am finally comfortable being who I am. I just started HRT last week and very excited as where this will go. But to answer the question if I use the 10yr old as the mark it would be 52 years

A very long time since I first had the inclination. I was always so fascinated with crossdressing. In third grade I saw a younger student dressed all the way with blonde wig in school for Halloween. I couldn't take my eyes off this kid. My Mom wanted to dress me en femme when I didn't have a proper costume for Halloween. I was incensed that she suggested that. I bet she never knew how close to home that hit. The first inkling I had was when I was about 5 or so. My brother served in Vietnam. He brought back a Vietnamese doll, sort of an Asian barbie. She would be the spy with my G I Joe. I sort of more identified with her than Joe. I didn't really have access to a lot of female clothing. I had three brothers. I think I messed with my mom's girdle and slip a few times but it wasn't what I was looking for. As a teen I painted my old track shoes gold. My parents found them, and I said it was for a "trophy" for my friend as he was a really fast runner. Later I found a few pairs of patent go go boots that I could fit in and I was in heaven. A bit later I found a treasure of two Merry Widow corsolettes in the attic left by the previous owners. I tried them on and I was hooked. I have been dressing for many many years. I have gone through fetish look to a more house frau look, but still love to get all dolled up even now.

Platinum Member
    For me it goes back to preschool years...more than 60 years ago.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I was about 7 when I first tried on my mothers tights (what we call leggings today). Almost 60 years later I?m still lounging around in them.

Only my hairdresser knows for sure.

Hmmm ... 44? 45 years now?
    Closeted for 45 years, so please take any advice I might offer with a massive dose of reality.
    Julia xo

60 years old and dressing on and off for 55? years. I can't nail down the first time, but I know I was very young.

About 69 years since the first dress and panties were put on me by my neighbor girl for a tea party. Never looked back
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

36 yeara for me

Just panties from about 6 yo to 40+ off and on! Joyous discovery and full dressing to HRT and name change-only about 5 years! So a grand total of 63 years! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    So scandalous sneaking out of the house late at night wearing moms bra stuffed with socks under my jean jacket.
    But at 11, I already knew I was born to have adventure.
    I'll be 65 at the end of the year.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

My age minus a very small number

45 years and counting!