Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many years

Wow never would have imagined, I feel like the youngster here. But that?s why
    I watch read and learn from the more experienced dressers here. Wasn?t meant to make anyone feel old cause I?m no spring chicken being 68 in about 3 more months guess I just started later than Mose was 1982 when I started dressing never crossed my mind before that time period. I?ve always said age ain?t nothing but a thing. Live for today and live the best we all can so long as we?re happy. One of my counselor?s told me more than once to just learn to live with it. He said there wasn?t any rime or reason to fret over it just go with the flow so we don?t end up losing our minds worrying about it all the time.

It would be 55 going on 56 years since I stumbled across my late step-mother's clothes in the attic. Stockings, garters, slips, I tried them all when I'd be the first one home. That started the whole thing out and it's been a long road since. I haven't been able to dress very often, probably ever two or three months on average, and the shelter in place has stopped me in my tracks aside from wearing panties and personal grooming.

over 50 years , started hrt a 1 1/2 years ago

Started with sisters swimwear 40 years ago. Only fully started exploring 10 years ago and came out to wife 4 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMe,Rhonda View Post
    My age minus a very small number
    +1. Trying on pantyhose is one of my earliest memories. It may have been as early as 3 yrs. old - looking back at pictures, I know some of my earliest memories of are my 3rd birthday.

It has been 15 years since I restarted cross-dressing. I did it as a teen, but stopped when I went off to college. I thought I put it all behind me, but the desire never went away. When going clothing shopping, I would try to resist strolling past the lingerie department just to look at all the beautiful bras. Now I just open a drawer to see lovely lingerie!

Well i started with mom nylons and obg or garter belt at 6 or 7 then fully dress with out wig or make up at the age of 12 or 13 never did leave dressing but after the kids left the house in 2000 i started to get a wig and make up. Did a lot of under dressing out and about but the wife said no going out fully dress! So i am 70 now started 64years ago and still loving it!

I started dressing at least 55 years ago. I can date it by one specific (non-crossdressing) event. I may have been thinking about it even earlier.

It was mostly lingerie crossdressing, until I saw a crossdresser who almost passed, who was very pretty. That's when I first realized that there might be a chance for me to dress and look pretty also.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Started dressing at 4 or 5, so 54/55 years.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Let's see. I've had the desire since I was around 11 or 12. Fourtyfive years later I finally started dressing. Almost a year later and a much happier person.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

For me 43 years I have taken it to the full presentation Wig, make up and shape way. Another 14 years stealing Panties and and chance to try on mom or sister cloths. Total 57 years. I'm old

It's been about 44 years for me.

Started by dressing fully for Halloween at age 11. I'm currently 72 so just over 60 years.

Karen

hello Susan,
    my earliest memory of dressing is from the age of 8 or 9. Like many here it has evolved since then and it is still developing.
    luv J

I was five or six when I slipped on my first slip, it would be a few years before I discovered my sister's panties, I'll be 63 this year.

I do believe it interesting evidence that we are born this way that so many of us that have responded to this thread, started before it had a chance to be sexual.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I'm almost 59. So let's see........about 55 years.

I don't have the patience to read through all of the replies, but I'll bet most of them trace back to a very early age for each and every one of us.

The more I participate in forums like this, the more I realize many of us have strikingly similar stories.

Unlike the coronavirus, which will we will eventually defeat (although it may take a while), CDing cannot be defeated. It's with us forever.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Stephanie58
    It is a little difficult for me to be exact on when I started as I was sent to a boys boarding school at the age of 6, however I am sure I was less than 10 when my interest started.

I then totally hid, never telling anyone, for nearly 70 years before being outed to my immediate family.
    Since then I have been able to dress at home on a regular basis but still am not out in public.

I turned 80 this year and am really struggling at the thought of dying having spent ALL my life hiding this part of me, with the resultant shame, fear, and having to lie. So I am now seriously considering out myself in my community, but, being unable to drive due to failing eyesight and living in a retirement village, this is extremely daunting at my age.

So my advice to all is “do not leave it too late to come out”

40 years for me. X x x

I started trying on my mom's things as a teen, so... 50 to 55 years ago? I borrowed my (now) ex's things in my 30s, but didn't start acquiring my own clothes until the past couple of years.

I think I was around 11. A relative was storing stuff at our house andni found some tights. Taken another 30 plus years to benok with it. Notnout to anyone butni used to get ashamed and purfe my stuff. Now there is no way i would get rid of all my stuff. Being able to go online and see so manynothers doing the same makes me feel alot more normal for sure.

I was in elementary school about 8 or 9 years old. My mom would leave her panties in a basket in the bathroom along with other dirty clothes. I would take them to my room and put them on. I was too young for it to be sexual but I knew it felt right for me to wear them. As I got older the panties progessed to a bra and then dresses etc. I?m pretty sure my mom knew that I was in her drawers because I never put anything back where it belonged but she never said anything.

I tried on my first pair of pantyhose at age 12/13. So I'm going to say I've been on the path of crossdressing for 40 years.

I'm 80 and it was just a shoe thing from about age 10 . Satin pajamas entered th picture after I married (that's a story in itself) and the shoes continued. My wife died 17 years ago and I eventually adopted an almost everyday wearing of women's panties, skinny stretch jeans, all types of shoes and boots, turtlenecks etc. I don't try to present as a woman because I can't but you get the idea. That doesn't keep me from doing the whole dress up thing at home once in awhile. The shelter in place has that risk free. Anyway, it been about 70 years off and on.

My mom got me hooked on nail polish and lipstick when I was about 2-1/2 and would hang around her dressing table while she was doing her makeup. By age 5 I was taking a strong interest in her girdles, stockings and heels (although nothing fit then, and I had almost no opportunities to actually indulge my obsessions). Since I'm 63 now, let's call it 60 years, for a round number.

- Diane

I started around 60 years ago. For the first 10 years I wore only lingerie, then I gave in and added the outer clothes as well. I now spend around half of the week dressed and totally love it still.