Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of the issues for a closet dresser

One of the issues for a closet dresser

Is that with everyone at home I don't get any home alone time, time that I'd use to do my femme laundry amongst other things. I still wear femme underwear every day and that needs washing. Add to the mix that the weather has been warm, dry your washing on the line weather so throwing things into the tumble dryer isn't really an option.

Things however need washing so knickers get washed while I shower and then hung in places they're not likely to be found to dry. It's a mixture of needs must and necessity being the mother of invention.

It's not often you find yourself wishing for a rainy day.

Anyone else had to adapt their routine, overcome a negative of the lockdown as opposed to being gifted the opportunity to dress full time.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Well, Helen, I am living with my sister and brother-in-law during the lockdown. All my girly stuff is locked in a suitcase within a locked suitcase.

I'm waiting patiently … that's just the way it is!

I totally understand.

yes I can dress,but to what point. I can't go and visit with any of my friends, shopping, movies, restaurant's, you know life.

Back before , when I was in the closet, I kept my stuff in my storage unit, I would go there, get dressed.

I would either just hangout there or go for a drive.

This has been me. Not only am I never alone, but my stash isn't even with me now for reasons. I did have one hour a week ago when I was alone, and since I don't have my things here, I cut up a pair of old lounge pants and fashioned short shorts with them just to feel at least somewhat like a girl. It was a wonderful hour.

When my dressing "hit the fan" I washed out a pair of panties and hung them up behind the furnace in our basement. It is a dark, hard to access corner and nobody ever goes back there and there is no reason to go there. Nothing stored back there. I left the house for a few hours and came home and my panties were laid out nicely on the ironing board. How she found them I will never know and I never asked. She had to go back there for some reason and found them. We had company over so the rest of the evening my wife and I made nervous glances at each other until they left, then the "talk" started that lasted for a year or more. On top of it all I rarely washed my things at home as I travel and would wash in the motel and hang them to dry over night

So all I can say is how certain you wife will not find your dainties drying? I would have bet good money my wife wouldn't!

Today 100% out to my wife and dress when ever I want.

My wife is accepting and is fine with me dressing, at least in theory. When she's around I'm limited to jeans or pyjama bottoms. She's been home all the time since the lockdown started and I've toned it down even more. I am looking forward to her leaving for a stretch of time so I can get all dolled up.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Helen, I have both my wife's adult children in my home, so I had to go to a hotel to dress and then head out. Given the current issues I am not going anywhere, so no dressing. As to my panties, my wife washes them so no subterfuge required there.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My wife has been very good over the years. Now that she is home she would prefer not to see me dressed, so I honor her wishes. Not that there is anywhere to go anyway. However I have been living in my leggings over the past two months, even when I do go out. I told her the other day, only half in jest, that I might never go back to wearing pants when this is over.

As you said, needs must.

To minimize effort and to avoid being found out, maybe put the girly underwear on hold for a bit.

In the meantime, do your best to get it off your mind....maybe focus on dressing closets.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

We have a split entry home with a family room and my computer/music room in the lower level. My wife has an hdtv upstairs that she watches and I have a larger hdtv in the lower level. The laundry/furnace room is in the lower level. When she washes her clothes I take the opportunity to offer to finish the last load or two for her so she doesn't have to go up and down stairs. I do mine after she is done or sometimes if she doesn't have anything one the same day I do mine after she has settled down for the day. That way I can wash my panties and put them away at my convenience.

The lockdown has stopped most of my dressing opportunities unless I wanted to quietly dress partially later in the evening. She goes to bed about 10pm and never comes down there after she settles in for the night. Except two nights ago she was already in bed and realized she left one of the cats in the attached garage and came down there and startled me. It's not very convenient for me right now as I am overly cautious about dressing.

Aspiring Member
    Since I came out to my soon-to-be-ex-wife (delayed by the pandemic lock-down), I don't worry about this sort of thing anymore. It just all gets dumped in the laundry, frilly or plain, skirt or jeans. I haven't put anything male in my laundry since two months except for this week. Now that spring is here I cleaned out the garage and then worked on my tractor to prep it for summer. I didn't want to ruin my two pairs of good women's jeans (I have two other pairs, but I lost so much weight that they no longer fit right), so I put on an old pair of men's jeans and an old men's denim shirt. I couldn't believe how uncomfortable the jeans were. They looked awful (baggy) and the material so coarse as to be highly unpleasant. I was also worried they'd rub my estradiol patch off, they were so coarse, but fortunately that didn't happen (I did have panties on but they were thin!).

Platinum Member
    Life changed dramatically when my wife (1) fully retired, and, (2) had a total knee replacement. Before coronaville my wife had planned to baby sit overnight for our daughter and son-in-law once a month. That was terrific. I'd drop her off on a Friday afternoon forty miles away, and, they'd bring her home Saturday afternoon. I think she planned it that way so I'd have Stephanie time without acknowledging my need to express myself. Now I have to wait for the virus to disappear sometime before I die, and, her knee recovers sufficiently to walk up a flight of stairs.

Due to on going medical issues my wife has slept on the other side of our home; back surgery followed by breast cancer followed by abdominal surgery followed by total knee replacement. So at night I do wear a nylon gown and a nylon panty. Most of the time I do wear a nylon panty. The laundry. Twice a week she goes for one hour of physical therapy. I clandestinely load my unmentionables in the washer and turn it on as we are leaving our house. I drop her off and return home. By that time the gentle cycle is done and I tumbled the clothes dry. I may get the ironing board out and iron the gowns along with some of my male collared shirts. Fortunately, if things do get worse I have enough panties to forego laundry for over six months.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 07-09-2020 at 12:42 AM. Reason: spelling

No alone time here either. I normally wear leggings, skinny jeans, and some plain looking women's tops around the house. I wear panties all the time anyway. I feel fortunate I have at least that much. Wig, bra, nails, lingerie, makeup is a no go. The full Michelle experience is definitely in a holding pattern.

Well a couple of days ago the weather turned and we had 2 rainy days. Time to get things washed. Mix my femme stuff in with the drab early in the morning before the two others in the household stir. Thirty minute cycle and then straight into the tumble dryer. Nice to be able to give things a proper wash.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    When I was simply a closet dresser, Helen, I rarely needed to wash anything. Because the clothes were on for an hour, max!

You're issue stems from, Under dressing!

I don't believe in throwing delicate synthetic undies in a washing machine, never mind a dryer!

I still wash mine in the shower and dry them in my sunny tower room. Why don't u dry yours in your carpark, attic, or on a hanger in a water heater or storage, closet, etc?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My wife is furloughed from a petsitting gig; the clients Just Aren't Traveling for some reason. So her overnight stayovers have ended, reducing my dressing time.

Sometimes I launder her things, but I always do my own separately. I try to time mine for when she won't have cause to be downstairs. I hang my synthetics behind the basement bathroom door, out of sight.

Sometimes I will wear a tunic over leggings in the evening, in the house or walking the dog after dark. She hasn't said anything so far.

The other change to my routine is that the thrift shops are closed, so I don't get my retail therapy.

Aspiring Member
    I remember waiting to have to have few hrs to myself to do a load of my panties and such and being terrified I dropped one, or left one in machine.

So much nicer now that she does them. Only problem is sorting them. We have several exact same color and style. Sometimes the difference in size is hard to tell and I have to ask her if they are mine or hers. Even harder now that I gave her my too small ones. Sometimes I can't remember if I have her that pair or kept them. So I have to try on again.

hurting to find the time

[QUOTE=Paulie Birmingham;4445596]I remember waiting to have to have few hrs to myself to do a load of my panties and such and being terrified I dropped one, or left one in machine.

i am in a world of hurt. With both of us home, there is no time frame to do my laundry. Usually, the wife volunteers several days a week at the local hospital. This gives me more than enough of a window to do laundry and get it all put away.

As the machines are in the garage next to the freezer right off the kitchen, it is impossible to do any laundry with out her knowing. I am really scratching my head as to how or when It will happen. There is absolutely no additional dressing that can happen, and i am for the most part ok with that. (I do miss my bra at times).

It is not the worst of things, but just another irritation of this whole stay at home lifestyle

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Helen,

No change to my normal routine, save for the fact that it's me working from home, as I'm in IT. Wife is in public transport, so no change for her. Our marriage is finished and we're separating, so I don't have to pussy foot around any issues now. One upside I suppose .

Since I came out in 2012, I've always been able to just thrown my femme things in the same wash, but I no longer wear male undies, which she commented on a few days ago. To which I could reply, "And?". It seems like I'm one of only a few actually enjoying the lockdown . I get up at least an hour or more later, and I'm home at 17:30 when I shutdown my PC. No driving is a dream. I also get to dress for work, so long as no-one wants to do face time.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

On a rather humorous side note a couple months ago my wife was doing wash and asked me if I had anything to add. I gave her my clothes basket and a half hour later she said "when I was doing your wash an eyebrow pencil fell out of the basket, is that yours?" I said "just throw it away" and she replied "ok" and nothing else has been said about it. My eyebrows are plucked and shaped, I'm completely shaved smooth and my finger nails are usually clear coated (and toenails are painted red) and she never says anything. I like to put rose scented lotion on after bathing and she never says anything about that either. As a matter of fact I just did my nails and heard her follow one of the cats down to the lower level so she probably got a whiff of nail polish and every GG knows that odor. Tonight I plan on putting on a pink night gown and red panties after she turns in and wear those for a while. I have been getting rather bold as of late and can't help myself. I need to lay all of my cards on the table and am working towards that goal in therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Birmingham View Post
    I remember waiting to have to have few hrs to myself to do a load of my panties and such and being terrified I dropped one, or left one in machine.
    I count them as I go. Count them into the laundry bag, into the washer, into the drier and back into the laundry bag.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

CD from ME
    Quote Originally Posted by Star01 View Post
    On a rather humorous side note a couple months ago my wife was doing wash and asked me if I had anything to add. I gave her my clothes basket and a half hour later she said "when I was doing your wash an eyebrow pencil fell out of the basket, is that yours?" I said "just throw it away" and she replied "ok" and nothing else has been said about it. My eyebrows are plucked and shaped, I'm completely shaved smooth and my finger nails are usually clear coated (and toenails are painted red) and she never says anything. I like to put rose scented lotion on after bathing and she never says anything about that either. As a matter of fact I just did my nails and heard her follow one of the cats down to the lower level so she probably got a whiff of nail polish and every GG knows that odor. Tonight I plan on putting on a pink night gown and red panties after she turns in and wear those for a while. I have been getting rather bold as of late and can't help myself. I need to lay all of my cards on the table and am working towards that goal in therapy.
    Good for you! I have been in therapy for a month now. I found out some interesting things about myself that I have not told my SO. My main thing I have found out that I did not know I was Asexual. It came as a surprise that I actually found out why I was that way. Never knew there was such a name for it. Crossdressing has been so much a part of my life. I came out to my SO some time ago and now she thinks I am "Over it" even though she has found some panties and some sports bras in the laundry. She said she doesn't understand why I wear them and said I need to "hide them" from our son. He is 13 and autistic. He still is quite naieve in that area.
    She said it would have been easier if I had just been dressing all along so our son wouldn't have been anything unusual to him. It does make sense in some ways.
    Still thats life and we move on from there.

JMO2

The main thing I miss is being able to buy dresses
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I dry my under things on a DVD rack in my room. My bathrobe covers it fully. Pretty good system.
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    The main thing I miss is being able to buy dresses
    Mail order /Ebay -- just placed an order from an on line site , they were having a sale . some items were reduced from ?120 down to ?9 thing is i ordered 8 items ,where to keep them........

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Drying items,- how about a drying/washing line up in the roof space ? Just be carefull you dont put your foot/feet through the ceiling................