Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing Your Femme Name

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar

Changing Your Femme Name

How many of you who have a femme name (not just a screen name) have changed it?

And how many different names have you tired on?

I'm not talking about legally changing one's birth name due to transitioning.

Just your CD femme name.

Banned Read only
    Honestly I did not have a "Femme name" until about a year ago when I came out as TG and started on my path to transition.

I didn't see the point of having one before that. Because I felt that having a female name kind of meant it was more serous than "just crossdressing for fun and pleasure" and was a direct link to being TG.

My forum user name is just the feminine of my male name with CD tacked on to the end. (That was common courtesy when I joined this forum)

I can't say I tried any other names than the one I chose.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 04-25-2020 at 01:40 PM.

I have always used this name. I wanted to change it to just LauraXXX (XXX to make it unique on this site), but was denied. No big deal I guess. I just don't like the last part of my username. As for the name Laura, I deeply identify with it. I always like that name, and I noticed I seem to like names with that sound for some reasone: Lori, Laraine, Loren. Not sure why.

I have three fem names: the one my friends in real life know me by, my handle here at the forum and a name I came up with later, which is a play on words and I?m holding in reserve in case I need it one day.

The problem with changing my real life fem name at this stage is that then all people I?ve come out to would have to learn a new name and I think by the time one comes out to friends, one should have the name issue well sorted out.

If no one knows you dress, you can change as many times as you like.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

My ex husband did three times .
    IG : Knightress Oxide

I made Asew in high school and it was used for girl video game characters. Then when I needed a femme name for here and at my GNO I stuck with Asew. I like it but really fell in love with idea of Sabrina George. I have been off and on about changing it, but since I have no plans to transition or change my name so Asew seems more non-binary like me anyways even if it is an oddball name.

I have always used Crissy which is the female version of my male name.
    Crissy

I probably have used 4-5 different femme names in my lifetime (55+ years of dressing). Around 2001 when I got married the second time I was using Debra Ann (Debbie to my friends) my wife took one look at me dressed and said you don't look like a Debbie you look like a Jill! I've been using Jill ever since.
    Jill

I changed my surname when I was adopted into my drag family, but that’s the only change.

I have always used the same name - my real name. Taylor can be either male or female.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

If you are going to go out in the real world, do it before you go out and start making friends.

I had been going out for less than a year, I asked one of my new friends about changing my name. She told me " sweetie you can call yourself anything you want, I will always call you Jean."

Back in pre history I was Emma Louise. I can't now remember what prompted the change, though possibly when I came out to my ex?

Interestingly when I came out at work I temporarily used a feminised version of my male name but it was too close.

I wasn't sure how comfortably Helena sat with me in day to day usage and thought of changing when it came to getting my new ID card, which led to the amusing experience of my colleagues making suggestions.

When I first started dressing I went by my real name, Logan can be a male or female. Then my freshman year of college I needed a different name so I came up with Sara. Right after college I decided to be Caitlin Marisa Miller and have been for 15 years now. I like it and it suits my personality well.

Initially, I went by Amy, but it just didn't seem to fit quite right.

Back when I was working on transition, I figured I'd better pick a "real" name. I thought a while and decided to honor our family tradition. All my siblings' names started with the letter S. So I picked an "s" name - Sara.
    In order to keep the same middle initial (for signing things), I picked the rather oriental-sounding middle name of Lin. It sounds pretty.
    I've stuck with that name ever since.

These days, my wife has (with love) started teasingly calling me "Becky Home-Eccy", since I've started doing a lot of the housework. does that count?
    Last edited by SaraLin; 04-25-2020 at 07:16 AM. Reason: terrible grammar. Had to fix it.

Nope, I've always been Linda and never changed it.

Barbara was my first real girlfriend. It was the first name I thought of when I needed a name for a female character in a computer game, and having the game address me as Barbara felt great. I?ve kept it since, probably because had I been born a girl she is the kind of girl I would have liked to become. I would never change it.

(The Driscoll part comes from a very distant female ancestor and I just pulled it from the air when I needed a name for here.)
    Last edited by BarbDriscoll; 04-25-2020 at 01:08 PM.

I've only had two.In my twenties I read Lawrence Durrell's Alexandria Quartet and chose the Femme name Justine after the title character of one of the novels. We named our cat after another character. I had stopped using Justine well before I needed a name to join a website. That is when I chose April.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

When I was spending a lot of time in stores and especially hair and nail salons in both modes I thought I needed an androgynous name, so I went by Kelly, and those people who knew me back then still call me Kelly. I haven't changed fem names to them, and won't. Those who have only met my fem side... could be either Kelly or Rhonda, depending on when I met them. I wish I'd stuck with one or the other. Embarrassing when you make an appoint as Rhonda and when you get there somebody says "Aren't you Kelly?"

No. I have been Alice in my mind since around six when I would lay in bed at night and pray that I would wake up as Alice.

Banned Read only
    I've changed my femme name once, comparatively early on. When I first started dressing in my early teens, I called myself Anne. It didn't feel right to dress as a girl without an unmistakably feminine name to match. I had to "put on" a suitable name the same way I had to put on a skirt instead of pants. "Anne" was one of the commonest female names at the time.

Later, possibly in my late teens, I changed it to Marianne. What prompted me to change, I don't know. There may have been something subconscious about this. It only occurred to me years later that Marianne was (almost) the name I was given, in a manner of speaking. My mother told me that if I'd been born a girl, my parents would have called me "Glynis Marion" (or "Marian," not sure which spelling they had in mind). I wasn't big on "Glynis"; there was a gawky girl up the road named "Glenis" who didn't strike me as attractive. (She may have grown into a beauty later on; who knows?) But "Marian" had possibilities. Not "Marian the Librarian"--too staid an image--but add a couple of letters on the end it's instantly more glamorous. So I changed.

Sometimes I think I'd like to be "Lori Ann" for a change. (Funny how the "Ann(e)" motif keeps recurring in my mind. I guess Anne has always been a classic name since way back when.) But what the heck; I've been "Marianne" for so long I guess I always will be now. I've even got a little gold necklace with my name on it.

Aspiring Member
    Before I got married, I went by Megan. When I came out to my now ex-wife, she said I reminded her of a Rachel. I think my wig at the time was similar to Rachel from Friends tv show. It felt kind of natural so I went with it.

When I first started thinking about having a name was when I joined here. I went by Tamma and thought it was cute at the time. Then I saw there was a pasta brand called the same thing and decided that I needed a new name. 😜

I remembered these twin girls calling me Kimberly to tease me and thought that the name was destined for me. Then I cane up with Marie for the middle name as my Mama had a gorgeous friend named Marie who was always so sweet to me. Then Cross because I?m a cross dresser. 😜

Kimberly Marie Cross
    Last edited by CrossKimmy; 04-29-2020 at 07:10 PM.

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    Its always great hearing everybody's stories. We are a marvelously varied group!

I've been feeling my femme name should be a representation of my real name David and keep my initials, D. K.
    None of the versions of David appealed to me until I came across Daviana and liked it.

I am now Daviana Kristine.

Hope everyone is staying sane and safe

Banned Read only
    I've had this name for a very long time and love it very much. However, I must confess that I use a very different name on a dating app and it has caused me a bit of confusion in the past.

Monica, you ever seen the movie To Rome With Love?

There?s a line from Alec Baldwin

?Even her name is hot. Monica...?

I agree girl