Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing Your Femme Name

I chose my femme name (also my screen name) when I joined here and have kept it since. I never thought about having a femme name before joining here.

Reality Check
    I started out with a different first and last name that I liked. I didn't tell my wife about it because there was a woman with that same first name that she did not like. The first name was the one my mother would have named me if I had been a girl (no ultrasound in those days). For some reason, I picked "Krisi" for this forum.

If I ever take this public or even ask my wife to call me by a feminine name, it would be a third name based on my actual (male) name.
    Krisi

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I came up with my name the first time I was in a chat room which is long enough ago to not be willing to admit. For a while I felt like I had this cool alternate identity. The reality is that it is my identity. It's how everyone knows me online and in-person . No going back. no changing it. This is who I am my name fits and that's how it stays.

I adopted a few different names over time but never felt like one was actually me until about 20 years ago.
    After coming out to my wife I decided I had to find "me" and this is who I am.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I experimented with a couple of names before settling on Diane. Now that I've been using it for years, there are a fair number of people who know me only by that name, and it's part of the logins on a variety of online sites, as well as my accounts and addresses at several retailers. Changing it would be far more trouble than it's worth at this point (and not that I dislike it, anyway). However, I have come up with a new, slightly unique, but plausibly feminine middle name to use with it that is a combination of my two grandfather's first names. I've been telling a few people about that and suggesting that they can use it if they want. "Smith" is my honest to goodness legal surname but so common that it doesn't have much potential to out me.

- Diane

As many others have done, I feminized my real first name. But the more I consider dressing and taking some further steps, I realize that her name is not Kelli. We haven't figured out her name yet.

Just another 'Gurl'
    I would like to change my name here. Perhaps to ricky or ricky sue." "Kitty" was fun when I was younger. I am in my 40s now though.
    Just another man in a dress

I chose Monica at sixteeen because Monica was my favorite character on friends. I have since chosen another name, but unfortunately I didnt find it until after I made this profile.
    A few years ago my mom told me that during her pregnancy she didnt know my gender until birth and if I had been born a girl my name would have been Mariana. So from then on, thats what my CD name has been.i just figured that was a much more meaningful way to get a name. Wish there was a way to change it on here

Im on my second. My first one I used many years ago was ok, but when a friend suggested this one, I loved it, and have since adopted it. I dont have a real life persona, but if/when I do, im using this name.
    I just want to be me, and be happy.