Thread: Travelling on my own.

Travelling on my own.

Hi all.
    Travelling on my own was a new experience to me and somewhat daunting.
    When you are a couple one always has someone else to seek advice from on which direction to take.
    I was never good at asking for directions. (Sound familiar) I also think I lost confidence in myself which is an age thing with me.

My first time was last year travelling to Thailand. This should not be too traumatic but it was the first time flying feminine. My concern was having to change flights in Kuala Lumpa and finding the correct gate.

At Perth departures my case slipped through my hand at check in and rolled away taking 2 nails with it. Snapped clean off. I had them done he day before and they looked awesome.

I did get very hot and bothered going through security and was asked if I was "OK mam and did I need some water"?
    No thank you just a passing hot flush.
    The flight was really good with the Malaysian ground staff asking me if I was travelling alone and giving me a whole row of seats to myself.

The late departure from Perth gave me little time to make the connection in KL and I did panic a bit.
    The flight to Bangkok was uneventful and the passage through customs and immigration was a breeze.
    Collecting my luggage was another matter. No case had travelled on my flight. I made out the report and left to find my ride to my hotel.
    My luggage turned up about 4 hours later.
    A lesson learned about packing a change of clothes in my cabin bag.

I was fine on the return journey and planned my next trip to the UK at Christmas.
    More on that in another post.

Philipa Jane

Sounds like a successful trip (with only a couple of glitches)

Platinum Member
    Sounds like you handled the challenges of first trip abroad pretty well, despite a couple mishaps. I was pleased to learn how helpful the various security and ground personnel were.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

There are always challenges when flying.
    Yes, we should remember a change of clothes, medications and ID's need to be with us at all times. The worst would having to go shopping a day or two later in the same outfit we flew in because nothing had arrived yet.
    You handled all well. Keep traveling.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Hi Philipa Jane , Sounds like a Great Trip, Except the 2 Broken Nails, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Good to see you back with us and good luck with all of your travels.
    Crissy

I don't believe I could fly internationally en femme. You are one brave lady. I applaud you for your courage. Nice recap of your experience.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.