Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your wife take you shopping?

Does your wife take you shopping?

Mine does. It's very amazing, because I'm wearing my regular clothes when we go out, but she helps me pick out things that she knows will look good on me and then does all the purchasing.

When we get home, she loves it when I try everything on. I think I really like this arrangement. I rarely wear a wig or makeup and don't shave, she just accepts my dressing, but likes me being a guy. Heck, I've helped her open jars and move heavy objects around that she can't while completely dressed. She likes my body hair, even when it's sticking out between the cups of my bra and is constantly looking through my things to help me pick out outfits that compliment how I look.

When I look in the mirror I see myself in the clothing I love, but don't think of myself or look like a female. When we're dancing together in the living room it's quite a different story.

Sounds about the same as me & my wife...... most of my cloths shopping is done online but we look through the web pages together but sometimes she'll come home from shopping with extra items she's chosen for me. Like yourself I don't wear wigs....I do wear make-up sometimes. I don't shave my body hair either. Our situation works she's happy enough with me dressing,I'm thankful for that....I'm not out to anyone else and we're both happy with that.

We go shopping all the time. Most of the time I'm dressed for the event, but even if I'm not I shop as if I were.
    I don't really care what people think, they don't know me and will probably never see me again.

She loves that she has a girl friend to shop with and so do I. It's such fun to rummage through the aisles, handling all the clothes, especially when we shop for lingerie.
    Technically she doesn't take me shopping as I do all the driving.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

We have shopped together since we started dating, the majority of the time I'm dressed. Now I'm dressed whenever we shop.

Well I'd have to shave and put on a wig and makeup. That might be quite something! I don't know if she'd go for that though.

But I like the idea of us going out as a couple. She knows my sizes and has a good eye on what looks good on me and also what I like. It's always fun to see the checkout people sizing us both up when we're ready to buy. She's much taller with broader hips then me, so some of the clothing is obviously not for her.

Good times!

You are all very lucky, but you probably know that.

If my wife saw me dressed these days, she would look at me closely, through the 9x scope and think to her self "Today is the Day!"

So far I have managed to get away, but talk about "dear" in the headlights!

Enjoy what you have, and be really good to her! She deserves it.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 05-01-2024 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Subject isn't allowed for discussion on the forum.

Sadly, only in my dreams.
    Suzie, You have me laughing with your post.
    Crissy

We shop together and she will give opinions on things I contemplate buying

My wife does not drive, so I take her shopping when she wishes to go. Which means I also peruse the women's wear as well. However, we have totally different taste, so I don't get in her business and she doesn't get in mine.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My wife has taken me shopping while I have been dressed, but it was a long time ago.

Shopping with my wife as two women is very high on my fantasy list hopefully someday I have the opportunity to check it off.

We went out yesterday and I bought a wig!

Now I want to do some pics LOL

We go shopping all the time. When I first came out, she would point out which tops and skirts go together or not and what dresses would look good on me. If I liked something, she would hold it up to herself to see if it would fit. We are close in size. Now she just has me hold it up to decide.
    Dressing up. There's never a wrong time for it, just enjoy being you.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    My wife and I do almost everything together. Often when we are up in the city, we will go into several clothing stores. At the first store, she usually asks, is there anything that you are interested in looking at? Then we look for her first, then for me. On a good trip, we both come home with something for ourselves.
    Her favourite clothing store is one that I pointed out to her, and took her to. That has turned into a big win-win for the both of us.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

We sometimes go to Kohl's or Burlington together and browse through the sales racks of nice dresses and tops and shoes. She always finds something she likes and sometimes I will find something for her as well.
    Then, as we wander away from the woman's section, she will say "Isn't there something you would like for yourself?" and I say "Yes, there was that really nice summer dress with the lacy top, and the little skirt over there!".

But even though those are the words that form inside my head, what actually comes out of my mouth sounds more like "Nope, not really ...".

speak up!
    Last edited by char GG; 05-01-2024 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Please do not quote the post just before yours

There is a long story about how I ended up in this DADTDETAI situation (dont ask dont tell dont even think about it).
    So it is unfortunately not that easy.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-01-2024 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Please do not quote the post just before yours

My wife doesn't take me shopping for me. In fact, she is not supportive in the least. However, when she is dress shopping she asks my opinion and I pick out thinks for her. Some not so good but others really nice. Even SAs have commented that they wish their husbands had as good taste and were interested. I really don't think it crosses my wife's mind that I have picked out things for myself and have some experience.

When I came out to my wife I had been wearing her things. Two days after telling her she said it's time Togo buy your own things. She took me to a couple of stores and we discussed styles of panties and bras. She went up until I got comfortable with shopping on my own. She has bought me at yard sales hest of drawers and some clothes of my own. We have shared things too.

We shop online together and pick things out for each other. We hardly go shopping, that would require a drive to a city about 45 minutes away.

Our go-to store for both of us is Marshall's. We have shopped together in the past but she seems bothered by it. So, while we shop in the same store at the same time, I would not characterize it as "shopping together". She is in a wheelchair so I typically go through the checkout with anything, including women's clothes, in the basket. I'm sure I've left a lot of cashiers guessing over the years.

I do try on various items for her to critique when we get home, but there's never been any sign that she wouldn't rather that I be buying from the men's department. She tolerates but does nothing to encourage my taste.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

Same as what Bea said, We shop in the same store at the same time, but not shopping together.
    For my last birthday my wife asked what I wanted for a present. I asked that she take me dress shopping, which she did. That is the only time we have really "shopped together:.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I'm still shopping for a wife. Lol. (Not really) happily single.

My wife and I shop together all the time. From shoes to bras and other items. It is so nice to be able to shop openly and share what we think bit likes and dislikes. I know I am lucky.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Years ago, yes. When we didn?t have kids it was quite often. Dresses, shoes, pantyhose, she would help me with everything. Now almost everything is online. Sometimes I will show her what I would like to buy to get her opinion. Lately, though I have shopped and bought things by myself. Most stores don?t seem to care that a man is buying women?s clothes.