Thread: "Trans dressing up together." What does this mean?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question "Trans dressing up together." What does this mean?

I occasionally get this request from online, out of town T's, coming to LA or SoCal. Also, a few online dressers have asked me to "dress them up like dolls".

In my experience, the ones that have requested either of these things may have an interest in sex, also. I'm very private about actually getting dressed. And, since I'm not onto males, no matter how they're dressed, I've never been interested in this sort of thing.

On the other hand, of the 100's of dressers I've met in person only a handful have asked if I was interested in sex? And, not one has asked to "dress together".

Which made me wonder: Is "dressing together" something straight dressers do? Or, am I rite about it have sexual undertones?

Chime in if u have any 1st or 2nd hand knowledge about the, "T's dressing together", subject? Please, no details, tho!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    I assume you don't mean just sharing a hotel room when attending a special occasion ? The first time felt a little odd at first .

Maybe they feel you're a special case as you wear an outer silicon layer , I admit I've never been asked and like you wouldn't be interested anyway .

The one thing I'm sensitive about is not being seen in male mode , only Carole has seen me in all my social groups as we've shared a hotel room on more than one occasion and also play golf at the moment in male mode .

Dress up with a GG would be an entirely different matter .

Banned Read only
    Hmmm... I can't say this is a "trans thing", as the people I know that identify as TG don't dress for sexual arousal.

Early on I had several requests to dress together, they came through Facebook and one in real life. If it is not intended to be sexual then I do not know what other reason they ask for. Thankfully, since deleting my fb account, they have ceased.

Doc, I suspect that your spidey sense is right, and it is someone trolling for sexual activity.
    There's an occasional post on Craigslist here, offering free high heels, no size stated. I assume that it is the same type of thing.

Stay safe!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I get that a lot on fetlife, just today as a matter of fact. I also assume that they want to "play" and I always say I'm not interested. Some... actually just want help with their crossdressing skills. Either way, not interested.
    Now, playing dress up with a woman is a horse of a different color. 😉

Yup. It’s a sexual thing. The whole “feminization” or “forced feminization” has become a popular fetish. I see it most on a certain Gay dating app (not sure if I can name names?) I don’t know of any dressers who would hit up a random stranger to “dress together”, gay, straight, or trans. If it was a friend saying “can I get ready at your place?” Or someone saying they wanted to hang out and go somewhere dressed, that’s one thing. But most of these messages are from fetishists who don’t even own any women’s clothes, or just lingerie.

So yeah, long story short, they’re just trying to get their jollies. Best to be ignored if you’re not interested in a sexual relationship.

Could be any number of things, you can just ask them,"Exactly what did you have in mind?"

If their request is something you would feel comfortable with, go for it, if not, let them know exactly how you feel about their request; either could be quite fun.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Doesn’t really work. They tend to be elusive in their answers from what I’ve experienced. It usually goes something like “Why do you want to dress up together?” “Oh I need help [You don’t know how to wear clothes?]”. Or “I don’t have any of my own clothes” [Im 5’4” 120 lbs, it says you’re 6’2”, 240. You think you’re gonna fit?]”. “Dress up with me” is just code for “let’s put on panties and have sex”

Banned Read only
    I know that this forum is not known for open discussions of sexuality but, let me break the news, ladies, sex is a very common thing among humans. People, like all living things, are fundamentally designed to reproduce. Nature makes sex enjoyable precisely to guarantee this. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that we will continually encounter people of all shapes and sizes and persuasions that want to have sex with us. All. The. Time. You choose to engage or to carry on.

At first I tried to get someone that would just want to dress up and take pictures. Well there was someone but we just couldn't get together.

Vegas fixed that, afterwards everything became clearer.

Yes it's very sexual for some. I have a like boyfriend/girlfriend. I know it's very confusing, I don't try and analyze it. BI and gender fluid, but more of a fetish dresser and would never go out in public. So not like me,

I don't hit on people, we have met a couple times. I wait for them to hit on me.

Like the first time we met. You ask if I would watch your thing's. I sat down on the couch, it's wasn't long and I had a new friend with her hand up on my thigh. I know but it did happen, we spent the next few days together, thank you so much.

Because I was on my way out and just wanted to say hi before I left. So if I hadn't stayed I wouldn't have experienced the following wonderful days.

I hope you don't mind my sharing in this context.

We have spent a pretty good amount of time road-tripping together, specificically Las Vegas and Alice's house in SD. Vegas in particular we have been roomies.

It has never crossed my mind that you, my dear friend, was playing dress-up with me as we were getting ready to paint the town every color in the rainbow. That aspect would begin and end with "which outfit, A, B or C?" or in your case, "which outfit, A through Z "!!!

In all seriousness, sexuality is good and all that but it too often seems to be an intrinsic part of the conversation when it comes to who we are and/or what we do. It is what it is but I'm beyond grateful for my friends who without fail respect one another as friends first and nothing but friends.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Trans dressing together is almost always followed by :-

And have some fun (which is usually means some form of sexual contact).

I assume there are a few who actually mean getting dressed together so they can have a relaxing time with another crossdresser.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post

In all seriousness, sexuality is good and all that but it too often seems to be an intrinsic part of the conversation when it comes to who we are and/or what we do. It is what it is but I'm beyond grateful for my friends who without fail respect one another as friends first and nothing but friends.
    People CAN be good "space sharers". I sort of think you have to have some idea of how someone thinks before you agree to share space. Someone's sexual identity isn't a finite clue toward their intentions. After all,many "straight" people have gay friends.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    I hope you don't mind my sharing in this context.

We have spent a pretty good amount of time road-tripping together, specificically Las Vegas and Alice's house in SD. Vegas in particular we have been roomies.

It has never crossed my mind that you, my dear friend, was playing dress-up with me as we were getting ready to paint the town every color in the rainbow. That aspect would begin and end with "which outfit, A, B or C?" or in your case, "which outfit, A through Z "!!!

As u mentioned, Sara, I've shared rooms with and been out of town with, a number of trans. Including u. But, have never helped them, or they help me, get dressed!
    Or, even asked for any help with that. Maybe after we were all dressed they or I mite ask an opinion on our outfits? But, that's a whole different matter!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    Trans dressing together is almost always followed by :-

And have some fun (which is usually means some form of sexual contact).

I assume there are a few who actually mean getting dressed together so they can have a relaxing time with another crossdresser.
    Semantics definitely play a part here, Shelly. "Let's get dressed up and together we'll: take photos, go out for drinks, hang out."

Compare that to,"Let's dress up together." Or, "Can u help me dress up?"

On the surface they sound so similar. But, I think, and many seem to agree, the gist of what they mean may be VERY DIFFERENT!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have never dressed in front of another TG. One time I went out of town and had a make over, when I was done another crossdresser showed up for a makeover and we the all three went out to a bar for drinks we had a great time talking with other customers. At the end of the evening walking to my car out of no where the other girl look at me and asked can I come to your room. I said no and was a little shocked and I guess a little na?ve. It sure told me that it was the interaction that I enjoy being out in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    As u mentioned, Sara, I've shared rooms with and been out of town with, a number of trans. Including u. But, have never helped them, or they help me, get dressed!
    Or, even asked for any help with that. Maybe after we were all dressed they or I mite ask an opinion on our outfits? But, that's a whole different matter!
    I don't know, I'm all but certain you've helped me with a zipper a time or two.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)