Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Drag Race and my Drag pulpit

Celebrity Drag Race and my Drag pulpit

?The Drag stuff again Micki?? Darn right!

I know many of you are not at all fans of drag, BUT! Hear me out here. I think a lot of y?all would appreciate this new show. It?s RuPaul?s Secret Celebrity Drag Race. It?s a 4 episode mini series where they take celebrities and put them in Drag. In the premier episode we had 2 straight male celebrities and one non-binary person. It?s really interesting to watch these otherwise cis-het men getting into Drag for the first time and seeing themselves ?pretty? and ?feminine? for the first time in their lives. The emotional epiphany these men go through is profound, and I think immensely relatable, especially to any of you who have had that moment when your presentation was RIGHT either through a makeover or trial and error, and you SEE yourself as a woman really for the first time. I know some of your girls here know that feeling! If you haven?t, maybe seeing the true potential of CDing will motivate you to go find that joy.

Sounds interesting, my wife and I watched the 2nd episode of Dragnificent, I think the 3rd episode is airing tonight. Oddly, this was my wife?s idea and she is looking forward to more.
    Crissy

What channel??

Micki, Thanks. I'll give it a watch.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Micki , yes that would be fun to watch. I wonder if any of them will get hooked on it. We will probably never know I guess.

I would not be able to watch it with my wife around though. Given the tension between us brought about by my dressing, it would make both of us uncomfortable. I will have to catch it when she is not around - which is never for now.

Sandi

Banned Read only
    Micki,
    That moment it all comes together is mindblowing ! For me so much changed in those few moments although I didn't use a name then looking back it's possibly when Teresa came into being .

I guess you could write a thread asking members what or how things changed for them . To me it also made grabbing those moments to dress look stupid or wrong I knew what I really wanted from that moment .

Show was awesome. I wonder which brand breastplate they use.

Jamie, in the past, they’ve been sponsored by boobsforqueens.com, so I imagine that’s where they got the ones for the show.

Ahhhh. Them babies 600 to 700. I need dragulus check!

Aspiring Member
    Hey Mikki, any chance you give us a treat by doing a live set on IG or YouTube. As the resident queen, I think it would be awesome for us to see you star in your own show. Any future trips to Long Beach for me I will try to see you perform on stage.
    Rachel

HBO has a new show, We?re Here, which features 3 drag queens (former RuPaul contestants) going into small towns, and helping people, adopting them and putting on a drag show with them. It has a Queer Eye vibe, and is terrific. First episode was last week, new episodes are on Fridays (6 total).

It’s lovely, and highly recommended.

We're Here first airs on Thursdays, but it's HBO so you can probably find it on Friday too.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaPrince View Post
    HBO has a new show, We?re Here, which features 3 drag queens (former RuPaul contestants) going into small towns, and helping people, adopting them and putting on a drag show with them. It has a Queer Eye vibe, and is terrific. First episode was last week, new episodes are on Fridays (6 total).

Hi Diana. Whats the show called? X

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thanks, Micki. U explained so perfectly why I wear masks!

For the year after I began dressing at age 50+, I came to dread looking at the man staring back at me from my mirror.

Until in desperation I tried on a mask and for the 1st time, saw a woman in my mirror
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It’s called “We’re Here”

Micki_Finn, I remember very well the feeling when I saw myself all made up in the mirror! I have seen many pictures of other crossdressers over the internet but I was too afraid of trying (but I always wanted). After many years of denial, I gathered all my courage and made and appointment to a professional makeover. It felt so good to see me as a woman! (that's my profile picture). Thanks for the tip, I love how makeup and clothes can change a person, be it a drag or a crossdresser.

JenX, I found it on Youtube

docrobbysherry, maybe you could try a professional makeover, I did and I loved it! They do wonders with makeup no matter your age, didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes ant the mirror! I've seem many transformation studios in the USA, kind of jealous since we have only a few in Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaPrince View Post

“We’re Here” is a great show, but it’s quite a bit heavier and is more focused on sociological issues rather than the personal experience. Would definitely recommend both.

Rachel- I don’t have any plans for any live shows, but I do have an old performance up on my IG. If you’re interested let me know and I can send you my info.

Reality Check
    I've tried to watch the RuPaul shows several times, but just couldn't. I would rather see males dressed and acting as normal women.
    Krisi

That's my take on it, too. Just another fake reality show, complete with manufactured drama.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Banned Read only
    I have to say I have never liked Drag Race. I like the outfits of course, but I just can't stand listening to the contestants crap talking each other then Ru and company tearing them apart in the judging.

It seems mean spirited and makes me sad.

Last summer one of local clubs that does regular Drag shows had their own "Drag Wars", with a paid hosting position as the prize.

Drag Queens are competitive to begin with and it was just so sad to watch our community being torn apart week after week. There were a lot of hurt feelings and one of my favorite Queens gave up performing at that club forever.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 05-28-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I've tried to watch the RuPaul shows several times, but just couldn't. I would rather see males dressed and acting as normal women.
    I agree---Nothing, to me shouts "THIS IS A GUY" louder than full blown DRAG makeup. I prefer the older times "Female impersonators" that the drag queens seem to have replaced. Now THAT represents ART and SKILL one can admire.

I’m not a fan of Drag Race, but the Special Celebrity Edition sounds interesting. I missed the initial run, but it appears that Logo will be running it from the beginning starting Thursday June 4 in prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinaTwelve200 View Post
    I agree---Nothing, to me shouts "THIS IS A GUY" louder than full blown DRAG makeup. I prefer the older times "Female impersonators" that the drag queens seem to have replaced. Now THAT represents ART and SKILL one can admire.
    Perhaps your not familiar with Blair St Clair, Plastique Tiara, Farrah Moan, or Courtney Act. Female impersonation is one form of drag. The great thing about drag is that there are so many forms it can be anything to anyone. Saying you “don’t like drag” is like saying you “don’t like art”. There are so many variations that you can’t really say you don’t like any of it if your not familiar with all of it.

Micki,

What's your opinion on drag kids? I haven't decided if I think it's a great outlet for free gender expression or if I'm creeped out by the sexuality of it. I know this, some of those who do it are absolutely stunning. It's certainly seen as something very positive by the kids and parents who are involved in it. Is it perhaps seen as a more palatable form of TGism?

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Perhaps your not familiar with Blair St Clair, Plastique Tiara, Farrah Moan, or Courtney Act. Female impersonation is one form of drag. The great thing about drag is that there are so many forms it can be anything to anyone. Saying you ?don?t like drag? is like saying you ?don?t like art?. There are so many variations that you can?t really say you don?t like any of it if your not familiar with all of it.
    Wow, they are some my favorite drags in fact, I like their style the best because it?s less flashy and exaggerated, they are really pretty and can easily pass as a woman. Didn?t know until now that every style has a name, so my favorite one is the ?fish?. I even like seeing their makeup tutorials, I think they are amazing.