Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An unexpected side effect

An unexpected side effect

We're all experiencing the effects of Covid-19in different ways. One effect for me has been to lose weight, not I might add through illness.

Lockdown means no pub nights and as a result, and this is my theory, a lack of beer has both from a reduced calorie intake and not causing my stomach to stretch, reduced my appetite.

I'm just not as hungry, I'm eating smaller portions as I feel full quicker. Work trousers that were shall we say snug in the waist no longer are.

So last night I dug out a pencil skirt that had just become impossible for me to zip up. Not any longer and without the help of a corset, woohoo!

So the longer lockdown goes on hopefully the slimmer I'll get and I'll have a better figure once things get back to normal, new or otherwise.

Of course, the real trick is not reverting to my old ways and undoing all that I've lost.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Lucky you its just the opposite for me.

Good for you, Helen. I haven't had a drink since January but my waistline is going the other way. I have renamed it "the Event Horizon".
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Helen, Good for you. Quarantine is not having that effect on me.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    I'm in agreement with Tracii , I find I'm buying more items at the supermarket so I don't shop as often to avoid too much contact with other people . So I find I'm comforting eating or making the excuse something needs eating before it's gone off . The hot weather possibly hasn't helped as I've enjoyed basking in the sunshine with a cold beer or the odd glass of wine . My dog doesn't help she's very good at telling me we need another biscuit with our coffee , who said they're dumb animals ? Maybe a dumb owner !!

Hi Helen, I would not have expected it, but the same for me. I guess all of the yard work. Can't wait to try on my pencil skirt Thanks for the post!

hello Helen,
    I have noticed that some of my clothes are shrinking - perhaps it is because we are having to use a different washing powder?
    luv J

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Good for you, keep it going.
    For the most part I've stayed on my diet, no binge or comfort eating for me, I worked too hard to lose weight and slim down to surrender. Plus I'm still working and the only thing that really changed is that I don't get to go out for drinks and socializing. I don't drink beer, too many useless calories and carbs, vodka and soda for me.
    Everyone please stay safe and healthy.

I know what folks mean about the temptation to snack, Kitkats tend to be the ones calling to me but I'm resisting and perhaps having four fingers a day, (2x2). As for booze, only had two bottles of beer since the pubs shut over five weeks ago. I guess I'm a social drinker.

I really am going to try to keep the weight loss going. One of my bucket list items is to spend time out and about but looking as trim as I can. I want to be the one with the strikingly shapely figure. Ok, I'm never going to be catwalk model skinny but if I can be that attractive looking well dressed mature woman that'll do me.

I do find that the less I eat, the less I want to eat and as I said I think it's because my stomach is contracting. It's a bit like wearing a corset, that constricts your stomach and you feel full having eaten far less than you perhaps normally would. I think however I'd be pushing my luck to wear one around the house and for it not to be noticed so I'll stick to eating less and going for a 2-3 mile walk every night.

Stay safe, stay well.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Helen, One of the reasons you will keep losing some weight is that you have seen success and have the thought to keep it going. I do think the majority of us may have gone in the other direction, no gym so not much exercise other then walking. When I go shopping I tend to get more of the things we do not need, cookies, chips etc.
    Overall, good for you, maybe you can be an inspiration with this.
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    My wife is baking too many cookies!

I find just the opposite: I've put on 10 lbs in the past couple of months - all on my tummy...
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Coming out to your wife as a crossdresser during lockdown and the ensuing fallout is another way to lose weight too ...

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    As for booze, only had two bottles of beer since the pubs shut over five weeks ago. I guess I'm a social drinker.
    I wish I had the same experience. The more time spent at home, the more alcohol consumed. That was the initial impetus for my initially getting out as Kandi (to stay away from the bottle) and now...... Glad you are doing well!!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I have just kneaded a batch of bara brith, Welsh fruit bread. I have been baking quite a bit more and gin and tonic season is starting but it is all balanced out with the extra cycling. If anybody wants a simple way of cutting calories, eat an apple after the meal you tend to snack most after. It will make you feel full for hours.

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    Maybe start a thread in the right section asking members to check in with their daily calorie count . ( that's not such a bad idea ) Like you I have a weakness for KitKats , so it's better not to buy them the problem is there are too many very suitable alternatives .

It's gone nearly full circle for me , my dog is now 12+years old , when I first had her as a puppy I lost 28lbs in a couple of months simply because I was walking quicker after losing the old dog , now I'm back with that situation, she can't walk as far and wants to stop and sniff every blade of grass . I've found the easiset thing to do is carry on walking to the end of the field and I meet up with her again on the way back .

I have lost roughly 7 pounds. I used to eat at restaurants 6-10 times a week. Now I pack a lunch for work, (I am still working). I eat at home about the same as I always did. I don't snack much, zero sweets, mixed nuts, maybe a couple crackers, no pop, potatoes maybe once a week. The restaurant food was keeping the weight on me, larger portions, and I have a "see food" diet, see food, I eat it!

Aspiring Member
    I lost some weight to but it was pre-lockdown. Back in January, I spent a month at a monastery trying to wrap my head around who I am and where I'm going. I followed the routine of the monks, that is prayer in the chapel 7 times a day, and work (library and porter's desk). My cell was on the 5th floor of the bell tower (and they're tall floors) and I never used the elevator. Up and down at least 7 times a day, sometimes more. I went in at 185 lbs, I came out at 173 lbs. Now with the pandemic I'm down to 171. I've been biking a lot to keep my sanity while confined. Interestingly my weight went down a lot since 2011 in the following steps: 2011, 212 lbs, diagnosed with type II diabetes. In the following year, managed to get it down to 190-197 lbs depending at what point in the biking season. By last November I was at 195 again and my sugars were up and the doc wanted to add another medication to the mix, one with nasty side effects. I said no way. So I started to fast (Dr. Jason Fung) in late November. I was down to 185 before going into the monastery. The good news is that now I'm stable at 170-173. After a ride it can go down to 167-169 depending on the intensity of the ride (sweat loss). I'm also now at my ideal BMI and my sugars are back under control, which is great because I started HRT 2 months ago; they've stayed stable even on HRT.

For me no change. I want to lose inches, neck with the weight but no mater how much I exercises or eat less I stay about the same 228 to 232. Wait I know how to loose weight - Go to a size 'A set of boobs.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Good news and bad news, Helen.
    First, the good! You've discovered a few of the tricks I used to lose 20 pounds when I became interested in improving my health and Sherry's figure!
    That was 12 years ago and they never came back!

I quit my gym, workouts made me ravenous! I switched from beer to wine. Same alcohol content but lost 8 pound in 3 weeks just from that!
    Eat smaller portions, no carbs at dinner, and no late nite meals or snacks. Simple, pimple!

I'm like u, now. Losing weight during the lock down. And, I know why. Less fast food, more healthy, home cooked, meals!

Now, the bad news! This lock down ain't gonna last forever! Unless u make your new diet tricks habits? They'll be gone soon after lock down ends!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Helen,

Good for you! Dropping a few pounds is always a good thing. Sounds like a good excuse to go shopping.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I have also lost weight since the lock down began, about 5 kilos (11pounds), but strangely actually doing less physical work. In my case I believe that it's down to more sensible and regular eating. No evening meetings with late dinners, is probably the biggest change.

A lot of people don’t realize just HOW bad booze is for your weight. It’s basically distilled concentrated carbs that get metabolized directly into sugar.

Getting a little thinner myself. Clorhes are sliding off of me. I didn't even give up the pub.

I'm just the opposite my wife is feeding me 3 times a day. plus pies and cake with ice cream at night. Before all of this I would twice a day because I wasn't home.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN