Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An unexpected side effect

My weight is so stable that I ran some test. One in nude as my referance, another with a small box of books. Then one with a couple of heilum balloons.
    TEST standard was 230 LB, The standard with books 238 LB, and the standard with the baloons was 230 LB (A girl can hope). I did this to make sure the scales were working correctly.
    What is interesting is if Dry (before a shower) I am 230 LB and dripping wet (fresh out of a hot shower) I'm 228 LB. Turns out the heat and humidity is playing with the elasticity of the spring in the scales.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 05-25-2020 at 01:13 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I?m happy for you. My experience has been the opposite as well. I have been telecommuting for work, so I?m always close to my three favorite home amenities: the fridge, the teapot and the toilet.

I just need to cut down on the snacking and I should be all right. On the plus size, er, side, I?m saving money on gas, eating out less and putting less miles on the old car odometer. I still like the occasional beer on the weekend, though.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I quit drinking five months ago and have put on seven pounds during the stay at home. I've got a large yard and a walking path across the road from my house and am in the process of turning things around. Food is comfort and global pandemics and economic downturns elicit a survival response in all but the most disciplined. I am not anywhere close to the most disciplined category.

I was doing pretty well for the first month. I was trying to stretch my food on hand to avoid a supermarket trip for as long as possible and lost 10 pounds. And even after my first shopping trip I was at least maintaining the loss. There was no pasta on the shelves. This last shopping trip, though, pasta was easily available and for the past week I have been indulging myself with all the pasta dishes I had been missing. For me pasta is comfort food. I have to stop though. I’d really like to keep the weight off.