Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Managing the pink fog by growing hair.

Managing the pink fog by growing hair.

I found this link doing a search on ?growing my hair? (yeah, that?s my thing, and it?s finally happening this time w/some help of Covid. I have been close to this length before, but now I?m a good 10? on top...the sides are much shorter (a few inches) and need to catch up :-) )

Anyway, this post found here: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...ight=Long+hair.

Is suggesting that growing their hair has helped them manage the fog. I have noticed that this is true for me as well.

Why is this relevant? Well, when the fog is thick, my focus on more important matters isn?t...So that?s now my own motivation to keep going and the Mrs. wants me to keep it going. I still have to get thru some of the hard steps of ?what will friends/family say??, but the biggest one is what will my work think...I?m in sales, and will there be pressure to comply to a more conservative business look. I don?t think there?s ever been a time when longer hair (post the 1800?s) was acceptable for men/boys, etc. The ?man bun? has really helped and I hope the trend of ?do whatever you want? continues.

When we were younger, extreme hair-dos (especially for men) were not ok...It wasn?t long ago, when a ?Mo-hawk? or colored hair was for punks, but now you see kids wearing them to school..no big deal. Men w/buns would?ve been viewed as girly (but now in positive sense), but now the right look is even considered attractive by women. Really interesting.

Anyway, I?m hoping that all of that helps my cause! The longer hair being a deterrent or help to address the fog is a bonus. And the great thing is that when the hair is longer...you can quickly go into a more girly mode if needed.

Anyway, curious if others feel similarly...perhaps some underdress, etc to help manage.

Reality Check
    Beautiful, long hair, capable of being worn in a feminine style would be great, but as you mention, it can be a problem socially and in business for many of us. Suddenly growing your hair out after fifty years of having a more conventional hairstyle would raise eyebrows for sure.

On the other hand, maintaining a conventional hairstyle and wearing a different colored feminine wig when presenting as a woman has its up side. Maintenance is much easier, there are no social or business problems and most importantly, the different hair length and color can go a long way to concealing your identity in public. So, that's my choice.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Beautiful, long hair, capable of being worn in a feminine style would be great, but as you mention, it can be a problem socially and in business for many of us. Suddenly growing your hair out after fifty years of having a more conventional hairstyle would raise eyebrows for sure.
    Yep, I hear you...but I’m going for it...I think I can pull it off...I’m going to go for more of a layered look that I can swing both ways (male/female). I have a lot of hair, so I’m fortunate. The hardest thing is actually the wind. With out the wind, it would be so much easier.

The only thing to manage wind is a hat, or ponytail. I want to tuck it behind the ears soon..and may occasionally hold some in place with a strategically styled Bobby pin. If people ask, I’m gonna be brief and to the point. “I like longer hair, and have always wanted to try it.” The wife will defend me.

A lot of guys have long hair. My SO has had back length hair for 40 years. He keeps it tied at the nape. He is in academia, and many of his non-CDer male peers also have long hair tied at the nape.

I took the liberty of conducting a Google image search so you can see for yourself:

https://www.google.com/search?q=men+...iw=778&bih=772
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    A lot of guys have long hair. My SO has had back length hair for 40 years. He keeps it tied at the nape. He is in academia, and many of his non-CDer male peers also have long hair tied at the nape.
    Right, and that helps...but still easier for someone in education, development, engineering, etc.

The main point of my post is also growing my hair to help w/pink fog and wondering if others see similar effects w/underdressing, etc

I've grown out my hair. It is long enough to get in my jacket zippers if I'm not careful. It is a a little thin like many GGs my age but thankfully no MPB.
    I've been trimming off the split ends every now and then now that is long enough to do that.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 04-30-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Banned Read only
    DTelia,
    I don't have much choice at the moment letting my hair grow as my local hairdresser is closed during the lockdown . The problem is it would never look femme, the large patch that refuses to keep up will just be more noticable , the really annoying part is it makes it more difficult wearing a wig full time .

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    Many years ago I had let my hair grow out. Now that COVID-19 has kept me away from the barbers so long, I'm thinking about letting it grow out again.

Caution, not everyone can wear long hair. I used to have a long pony tail, but had to give it up as it was excellerating fair loss and hair recession.

If you can, enjoy. It's fun and worth the extra maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDonna View Post
    Caution, not everyone can wear long hair. I used to have a long pony tail, but had to give it up as it was excellerating fair loss and hair recession.

If you can, enjoy. It's fun and worth the extra maintenance.
    Thank you for the reminder

I work with a guy that has a full head of wavy hair that goes half way down his back. He wears it in a pony tail at work. He sees and deals with customers every day and as far as I know nobody has said anything about his hair other than some friendly jabs. I see guys wearing long hair from time to time, but not as ofter as the early 70's.

Depending on your employer there shouldn't be an issue. If you are more on the professional side of things as long as you take care of your hair and it is neat and somewhat styled, not just running free like a caveman I doubt anyone will say anything.

Platinum Member
    I followed Reine's link. If a man is worried about being identified as a cross dresser I think there has to be more to the visual than longish hair. Just about all the men in the link have facial hair and rugged angular facial features. Some look rather disheveled. Over the years I've seen a lot of adult men with pony tails. The look is totally different than men with a stylized feminine look. Of course, on weekends with a clean shaven face and a can of hair spray the transformation can be rather striking. Where I live I do not see a generational divide on long haired men. Back in the 1960's long hair on men was a symbol of protest, being a hippie. Now, it seems rather ho hum, yawn!

With coronavirus everyone I know has hair growing wild. With male pattern baldness I'll have to stay with my longish grey wig which matches my sideburns.

I had a busy schedule last year. Both work and personal. I didn't fit in a hair cut the second half of 2019. By fall, a female friend complemented my fuller hair. I had always kept it fairly short. I decided to not get it cut for a while. By December, it was a bit unruly. I went to a stylist and told her that I like to present feminine on weekends and guy on workdays. She did not cut any length, just thinned a few of the hard to manage parts. I have not been back since, partly because of the shutdown but also, I do not need any cutting when I am trying to grow.
    Now I can style a feminine look it's long haired guy look at will. I still want to grow some more but I am loving my look. It is a long process, over a year, so friends and coworker are not surprised. It definitely helps me feel like I want to feel. Therefore reducing the fog.

Quote Originally Posted by DTelia View Post
    The main point of my post is also growing my hair to help w/pink fog and wondering if others see similar effects w/underdressing, etc
    Yes, I use underdressing (panties daily) and always wear ankle-length leggings and/or sometimes tights and shorts to the gym to reduce the pink fog surge from being away from full dressing for a while. I also find visiting the forum here helps.

My real hair is growing like crazy! Fortunately it is about the same shade (white) as my favorite wig. I was thinking about that idea as well. The top is about 4 -5 inches but the sides are about 2 inches. I think I would love to see it styled fem to see what I am working with.

Silver Member
    My last haircut was early last month, and I'm past due, now. But, I'm going to let it continue to grow so maybe I can put curlers in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I followed Reine's link. If a man is worried about being identified as a cross dresser I think there has to be more to the visual than longish hair. Just about all the men in the link have facial hair and rugged angular facial features. Some look rather disheveled. Over the years I've seen a lot of adult men with pony tails. The look is totally different than men with a stylized feminine look. Of course, on weekends with a clean shaven face and a can of hair spray the transformation can be rather striking. Where I live I do not see a generational divide on long haired men. Back in the 1960's long hair on men was a symbol of protest, being a hippie. Now, it seems rather ho hum, yawn!
    I agree w/you....this isn’t about “being outed” for me...it’s about trying to remain professional and while some may think this is hypocritical, I am trying to raise a bunch of boys too...and I do think it’s important to learn to comply with society standards to some extent. Harder for them to get a job, if their hair is two feet long. Sure, if they keep it nice, why would it matter...it may not, but the world is cruel.

My hair would be to my lower back right now, if work/family weren’t factors. What I will mostly due is get it to a manageable bob that I can wear in both masculine and feminine styles. For me, wind is the biggest challenge. If possible, I’m not going make my hair “a thing” in public...I’ll try not to touch it or flick it out of my eyes all the time like a teenage skater...I’ll avoid accessories for the most part unless needed (like right now, I do where a ponytail/manbun when I work out). Again, wind is the tricky one. I can wear a hat sometimes (hate them though)...wind is an issue when hat doesn’t fit clothes. Anyway, details that may not matter.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    Yes, I use underdressing (panties daily) and always wear ankle-length leggings and/or sometimes tights and shorts to the gym to reduce the pink fog surge from being away from full dressing for a while. I also find visiting the forum here helps.

Bingo. Thank you

Long hair is a great crutch, which I leaned on for 50+ years. It happened that when I needed to cut it because of a job change... it was just time. I literally miss it all the time. Do not miss the opportunity to grow it long and indulge all the salons and elaborate hair styles you can possibly enjoy.

My last haircut was a #2 comb on the clipper, I think that was 1/4 inch, I don't remember how long ago. I think it has been a couple of years, maybe more. It is now down to my nipples at the longest. The sides are catching up. I think it's reached terminal length. The other day I let my wife trim the ends a bit with the scissors to eliminate split ends.

I always have it in a ponytail when out and about. I haven't noticed any adverse reactions from customers, and I go into some pretty redneck areas.

If people ask, I tell them that I wanted to try long hair while I could still grow it. I've had a couple of women strangers give me unsolicited compliments on it!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbiKay View Post
    My last haircut was a #2 comb on the clipper, I think that was 1/4 inch, I don't remember how long ago. I think it has been a couple of years, maybe more. It is now down to my nipples at the longest. The sides are catching up. I think it's reached terminal length. The other day I let my wife trim the ends a bit with the scissors to eliminate split ends.

I always have it in a ponytail when out and about. I haven't noticed any adverse reactions from customers, and I go into some pretty redneck areas.

If people ask, I tell them that I wanted to try long hair while I could still grow it. I've had a couple of women strangers give me unsolicited compliments on it!
    Good stuff...congrats.

I think the harder areas from a work standpoint are white collar business people. My two cents. I think it will get better over time due to younger people simply not caring and now even wearing longer hair, but those still of the X-generation are less tolerant. Honestly, I just need to not care what others think...but I have always cared on so many things....big step for me

I have super thick, curly hair. At my last haircut,three months ago, I discussed with the hair dresser some options for growing out my hair. I told her I wanted something that could go either way depending on my mode. She completely got what I meant. We discussed several options. I decided to go with my regular cut since I wanted to talk it over with my wife first. Since everything's been closed, it looks like I'm getting my wish.

Having longer hair will be just one more little tell which helps me manage my Pink Fog. It will fit in nicely with my longer nails, painted toes, slightly arched brows, reduced body hair and of course underdressing.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

When I retired I let my hair grow out, until it eventually reached to between my shoulders and my nipples. But I am bald on top, and I was starting to get even more fallout and breakage than usual, and my wife was giving me static. I finally threw in the towel. The MPB was really the killer, though. It made it an exercise in futility.

Ah, but how I miss the flowing locks of my youth.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

This is something that i would really love to do, but i'm not sure how well it would actually work. I have quite a bald patch at the back of my head. It would cover well with longer hair in a ponytail, which i would like, but it would look ropey in the many months until then.
    I wanted to grow my hair long when i was a student, but to my shame i didn't dare coz my parents would have gone wild. Now i just don't care what they think, but it may be too late to do anything about it....
    Last edited by Krea; 04-30-2020 at 11:40 AM.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I cut my hair a couple times a week, with the same razor I do my face. A little envious of those that can grow a full head of hair.

Krea, sorry to disappoint, but my experience with really long hair has been that it exacerbates, rather than hides, bald spots.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.