Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Managing the pink fog by growing hair.

Yes, this is why i have doubts about it.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I don't have any social or business issues as I'm retired and did have long hair fifteen years ago. My issues now are that my hair is so thin on top of my head. It's getting longer now and the weight of the longer length makes it look like I have a really wide part. From a distance with a shorter haircut it doesn't look bad in guy mode but it's too thin to look feminine if I grow it out. My wife won't cut hair and all of the stylists are closed so another problem is that my shaggy hair would be hard to hide with my wig. Consequently, I'm managing the pink fog in the opposite way by being more meticulous about shaving body, legs, forearms and shaping eyebrows. I hope you can grow your hair without getting a hassle from anyone as you're right, it feels great to have long hair.

I have been growing my hair for about a year now.
    I do not think it helps me with pink fog. At times it might bring it on.
    I do have some good experiences with it though. First, a female friend of ours (wife and myself) has grabbed and tugged in a playful manner and I liked that.
    Second, my wife helps me style it with a good brushing and some hair spray. All are very enjoyable to me.

If anyone asks about the length, I tell them I am growing it to donate it to cancer patients to be made into a wig. It must be long though. I have more length to produce. It goes about to the middle of my shoulder blades. Front goes past my chin.

I wear ponytails, updo's and man buns all the time.

Natalie

Quote Originally Posted by Star01 View Post
    I don't have any social or business issues as I'm retired and did have long hair fifteen years ago. My issues now are that my hair is so thin on top of my head. It's getting longer now and the weight of the longer length makes it look like I have a really wide part. From a distance with a shorter haircut it doesn't look bad in guy mode but it's too thin to look feminine if I grow it out. My wife won't cut hair and all of the stylists are closed so another problem is that my shaggy hair would be hard to hide with my wig. Consequently, I'm managing the pink fog in the opposite way by being more meticulous about shaving body, legs, forearms and shaping eyebrows. I hope you can grow your hair without getting a hassle from anyone as you're right, it feels great to have long hair.
    Thank you for the thoughtful post. As people age, I think it gets harder to sport long hair. My wife has had shampoo commercial like long hair for most of her life. It’s still beautiful, but it isn’t as thick...at some point, she will probably need to go shorter to look as pretty as ever...that’s life. My hair is thicker than hers, but as a dude...it’s also tricky in my opinion to look sharp as I get older w/longer hair. I’m grateful either way, and we’ll see how it goes. Thanks again!

I grew my hair out when I came out of the gender closet. The worst part is how it tries to look like a mullet until it is long enough in the front/top. Now that it is all one length for nearly a year now I love it. It definitely is part of my pink fog and love it when I have a good hair day. For me I am out so my hair being questioned is the least of my concerns when I am typically at a minimum wearing a jean skirt too.

So, in 2011 I elected to let my hair grow. At the same time I shaved my life long mustache. This was all driven by the pink fog. Today my hair is 28 inches long and a shiny silver. Normal work days I have it in a 4 wrap pony tail. At home or out in public I just let it flow. None of my friends or long time acquaintances have said anything other than positive inputs. I may have lost a potential job due to my long hair, but my industry connections made up for it. And, yes, my hair is a key part of my fem self. It helps to balance the social needs to present as male.

When I retired over 10 years ago, I grew my hair out to below my shoulder blades, which I loved. My hair had very little gray and was thick enough to look good when styled. Lately, my hair, always fine, became more so to the point of showing a lot of scalp and was becoming more troublesome to deal with, so I cut it short. Now with the barber shops and hairdressers closed, it's starting to grow out again.and I'm trying for a compromise as many women my age are doing. Hopefully, I'll find a happy medium.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I?ve worn my hair long most of my life and getting older has made it challenging to keep it up.

I?m managing my pink fog by shaving my legs and body.

After the, 2016 US election I stopped having my hair cut. It's now to the middle of my back with bangs that cover my forehead, which I can trim myself. When it started to get long I took cues from ggs as when to tie it up, normally in a high ponytail. My current boss calls me a hippie, which is fine with me. For me it's just fun to have and adds a touch of uniqueness to my life [unique unless you include all the gg with long hair ].