Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you increased your online shopping for clothes.

Silver Member

Have you increased your online shopping for clothes.

I normally go to the stores and shop for what I want since I'm somewhat retired. Being bored and avoiding doing what I should be doing (finishing some remodeling) I have bought more clothes than I have in the last year. It is just so easy. I feel like I'm keeping the delivery people employed

The real issue is we are out of closet space. I had a lot of women's clothes before I was given a wardrobe by a friend who lost weight and a husband in divorce. The problem is I need the space where the storage boxes were. My daughter told me to purge what I won't wear and buy things I like. I can't donate them until the donation sites open back up. She is expected to be fashionable in her work. So she cleans out her closet with the seasons. I like the classic looks, but most of the time I wear the same things women my age do. Have lots of blouses, Many were expensive and I really like. some are very obvious women's. Lots of tees and casual wear.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 04-29-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Silver Member
    No, I have not. I am a firm believer in shopping in person, for both practical and philosophical reasons. Number one is that it is a huge gamble to pay for an item that may or may not fit or flatter me, return policy notwithstanding. So my purchases during the pandemic have been few and far between, just a coUKple of skirts and one top. I very much look forward to getting back into the stores and playing dress up with my "sister".

I haven't. I've gotten rid of a lot of clothes, evidenced by the number of empty hangers. Using my typical one in / one out rule, I've got a lot of shopping to do when this is over!

Liz, Lately I don't buy online, except shoes, I like to go into the store. That being said, if an ad pops up and I like the dress, I will snap it up.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

No, I had a bit of a spending spree before all this mess kicked off big time. I do window shop on-line to help keep my sanity as I see 000's of Euros leave my accounts each month and absolutely nothing comes in. Oh the joys of being in the travel and tourism business.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Banned Read only
    Liz,
    I'm avoiding buying too much as we don't know when the lockdown will end , OK we are being bombarded with special offers all the time but those offers will still be going when things get back to normal . I would love to buy some new skirts for spring but they maybe stuck in the wardrobe for weeks if not months . Besides I'm expecting money to cost more , credit maybe harder to get and cost more as the financial sector plays catchup .

Are we keeping the delivery companies employed or are we expecting them to take too many risks at the moment , besides it sounds like you have plenty so why buy more ?

I spent about $250 in the past month, so yes, I've spent more online to take advantage of the sales.
    I got a decent raise with my recent review, which was done via phone due to the lockdown.
    It is more than I've spent on clothes in the past few years.
    I have a very easy time buying stuff online, as I have a very girly figure.
    I've stayed safe by not leaving the yard. I have been busy gardening to stay sane.

Marion

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Seems I order something everyday.

Not at all. I prefer to shop in person and try everything on.
    I spent too much money doing the buy/try/return dance. Once I began going out everywhere 20 years ago that ended. I want to touch, feel and try on clothes to make sure they fit and actually look good on my body.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I spent too much money doing the buy/try/return dance.
    In most online stores I have free returns (I live in France). I figured the same was true in North America ?

Platinum Member
    I finally got it through my thick skull that I really do not need to buy much anymore. I use to peruse on line dresses on daily basis on ebay and stores which have an on-line presence; Kohl's, JC Penny. The last time I actually bought a dress was more than 18 months ago. I think the real problem (?) is my wife fully retired after back surgery and other medical issues. Now she is recovering from a total knee replacement. Between the knee operation and coronavirus lock down everyone is trapped at home. The only outings are quick grocery runs. No chance to peruse stores just for fun. When she was working several days a week I did have about seven hours a day to be en femme. Really no opportunity to do more than wear panties and sleep in a nightgown. I am spending way too much time on the computer. I do have an itch for pretty slips. Slips I still peruse ebay for, but, in larger sizes there is almost nothing to bid on. With over 400 full slips in my collection (yes, I love to collect slips) I could open a retail shop stocked with hundreds of vintage slips. To keep my mind in the game and somewhat on even keel it has been buying panties; vintage and new colors. I have my eye on some floral panties up for bids. That's where my coronavirus relief check is headed.

No my spending hasn't gone up. I seldom buy online anyway now as i prefer shopping for fem clothes in person, at inexpensive chain stores.
    Unless there is something i really need i will wait for normality to return, so i can go out shopping again, rather than pay extra online for something that may not fit and then have the hassle of returning it.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

It is a short drive to return something purchased online at either VS or Amazon. Yes, almost everyone in the USA offers free returns. Though I did see one shoe manufacturer who didn't on their closeout prices. I decided not to buy from them.

I try to only buy from local merchants, even if it costs a few bucks more. If there is something that only makes sense to buy on the internet I will do that. So far, in 2020 I have spent $0 on clothes for either gender.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Yes I have been a little bit of a shopaholic lol. Have a lot of time and every once in a while something grabs my attention and I snap it up. Sizing wise I shop at the same places I am already familiar how they would fit me so that is not an issue. Only issue is I?m running out of room to put everything. I might get rid of something?s I don?t wear. Maybe lol

I don?t know if I have increased my on-line shopping or not, I would say it is about the same. I did receive a huge bag of goodies today from Old Navy, which I ordered over three weeks ago. The mail order system is just running slower than normal with the virus and all. Anyway, I was delighted with my items. I wish I had sized down with one dress, but that?s what ya get for not trying items on. It was a $45 dress and I ended up getting it for $12. Old Navy is usually pretty consistent with most clothing. Sales are still on! I just got another message from them with many items 50% off. I?ll have to check it out. Gee, maybe I will kick up my on-line buying! -Meg

Silver Member
    Every day I shop on line, but it all goes into my carts. When they get full, I open the carts and decide if I really need every item, eliminating many. I've been a good girl and have only spent about $100 on line since the lock down.

I have spent more online but considering I am not shopping in physical stores anymore I think overall I am spending the same on clothes as normal.

Silver Member
    I got hooked on Chico's about two weeks ago. The good part is that they have a 120 days return policy and you can drop them off at their boutiques . So far I don't intend to return what I have purchased from them. My goal is to pair my wardrobe down this year. If we don't quit cooking so much I won't fit any of my clothes. We are quarantined at home by the kids. We both are good cooks so we have been trying new things. Oh well.

Not often do online clothing purchases work for me so I like to stick to retail and thrift stores where I can try on before I buy. With most stores closed, my crossdressing closet thanks me.

hello Liz,
    all clothes shops are Covid-closed because they are "not essential".
    Well shopping for clothes is essential for me - so yes I have shopped on line.
    it is not the same though - you can only use one of your senses when you shop on-line.
    luv J

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I do most of my shopping online anyhow. I try to stay with brands that I know sizing on. I have had a few items come that don't fit, but not often. I just got a new Maidenform lace racerback bra for $15, and a long chiffon sundress for $8...both fit perfectly! My wife knows of my dressing, but she isn't a fan of it. I try to intercept the mail when a package arrives to keep the peace.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Haven't shopped at all since my nephew had to move in. That was 3 weeks ago and I haven't done much dressing either.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Silver Member
    I do shop for clothes online (and only online) but I haven't spend a penny unnecessarily since this corona virus nonsense started. I have lost a lot of business because of the shutdown, have to make up for it as best I can, this is the worst time I can imagine for me to splurge on anything that is a non-necessity. (I don't live as a woman, so women's clothing is not a necessity for me.)

Quote Originally Posted by DianeT View Post
    In most online stores I have free returns (I live in France). I figured the same was true in North America ?
    Not true here.
    Some do, but with most you may have free shipping from the store but you have to pay to return the item. It's not only the monetary expense but also the time involved from finding something, receiving it and trying it on, returning it and awaiting the refund. It's just so much more convenient where we lived to go to the store. There were so many malls in close proximity and as I said I'm kind of "touchy feely" when it comes to clothing.
    It's nice they allow you free return shipping, especially if you are not in a city area.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !