Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you increased your online shopping for clothes.

I am trying so hard not to but I scroll through my Facebook feed and they're all over the place, those cute summer dresses in all those pretty colors. I tell myself no and I keep scrolling, but they are following me, I swear, I can't get away, and then it happens, that purple one with the little flowers that buttons up the front and falls just below the knees, and it's ON SALE!!! only $35, Honesty, it's just not fair, what's a girl to do? It will be here in seven to ten days...
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

A couple of years ago, I had a good clear out. It was not a purge, just a realisation I had far too much Ann stuff. I was just so reluctant to get rid of some old clothes as they had some memories. "Did it fit? no......Out, Had I warn it? No ..... Out, Did I like it? NO" ..... out it went and so on. We estimated I probably got rid of 75% of it. The shoe collection probably went down to 20%. There were shoes I had simply brought and never worn or just once. The charity shop did very well. I then resisted the urge to replace it all. So when I shop for Ann, "Do I realy need it? No" .... walk away. I have a one in one out policy, that seems to be working and keeping things under control. I'm lucky that I have a spare bedroom to keep it all, but there is a limit! I have resisted online shopping in the lockdown, did however buy a dress on the sale rack at Sainsburys while food shopping. What is going out for the "one in one out policy"........ not decided yet....
    “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Find out more about me at http://www.flickr.com/photos/54661188@N08/

I shop online some everyday, so for me it hasn't changed. I do most of my shopping online. I find it more convenient that trying to dig through racks of clothing. Plus I can shop a few minutes here and there when I have time.

I like to think about it as the Conservation of Shopping Law.

Total Shopping = online shopping + retail shopping.

As a result of the lockdown due to coronavirus, Retail Shopping has asymptotically decreased to zero, since there's no place to shop.
    To balance the Conservation of Shopping Law, Online Shopping has to increase to make up for the decrease in Retail Shopping.

Yes, I'm an engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I do have an itch for pretty slips. Slips I still peruse ebay for, but, in larger sizes there is almost nothing to bid on. With over 400 full slips in my collection (yes, I love to collect slips) I could open a retail shop stocked with hundreds of vintage slips. To keep my mind in the game and somewhat on even keel it has been buying panties; vintage and new colors. I have my eye on some floral panties up for bids. That's where my coronavirus relief check is headed.
    Stephanie. You have enough slips to wear a different one every day, and still have some left over. I ask you to share he wealth. Since you have enough to open a retail store, you should, on eBay. I'm guessing that you have about $6,000 inventory in slips. Sell some, and make some CD happy, and make room in the closet for more stuff.

I know you've heard the rule, "He who has the most slips when he dies wins." But it's not true.

LOL LOL LOL
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Have you increased your online shopping for clothes?

Couple weeks ago I was reaching new sports bras and just bras.... I was in between 42/44 band and truly trail and error.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Aspiring Member
    At the start of the lockdown I thought I would be adding to cart a lot; what has happened is I've only purchased a shapewear cami and one swimsuit. Due to lengthy fulfillment and delivery (from retailer to post office), I feel it isn't worth it. Good news is because I haven't bought much of anything my bank account has swollen.

Actually, I?ve been going over the pieces I?ve bought a while back. For a while, I went on a massive buying spree. I?m not sure I know all I have.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Silver Member
    I'm in shock as to how much fem clothing I have. Lingerie Liz is a good name for me. I'm moving all of my lingerie out of two 19 gal storage totes. My bras are already in drawers. I have so many lingerie items I could open a shop. I have a bunch of slips, but I don't wear dresses much. Yet they remind me of the good ole days. I didn't realize how many camisoles I have. Some are for modesty, but many others are very sexy. Oh well.

I'm buying blouses on line. Just can't resist.

No I get very little on line.
    Angie

I have yet to really buy in the shops. That will change in the future. My gurl section of my closet has more room. I share the walk in with my wife. She has not made a comment yet about the 3 dresses, 3 tops and 2 skirts I have hanging up. But then again, I am placing these items in the back and not in her face. We are in a DSDS relationship.

Regarding on line, I have 3 dresses ordered and a new top coming in anytime now. If I need more storage space I will toss some mens clothes out. I have too much old clothes and I tend to wear the same things often.

Natalie.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    As I've simply continued with normal but, with more free time while the scamdemic runs its course, I thought I would sort out all the Carla stuff. It's endless.
    And, I've reached a point where I'm not buying anything online.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I have never bought anything online to be honest, I don't know how any of that works.

Platinum Member
    Hi Liz , I am partial to the B&M stores, The only online purchases were couple wigs from

TWC, The Wig Company. >Orchid, ,,OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I am not sure if it is the virus stress or just reduced interest in dressing due to the realization that I cannot get dressed and out, but I have not purchased 1 item since this started. Hopefully, it will be over and I can regain my mojo.
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

Yes, definitely. It's easier on me, but the wait kills me! I will go into the store around holidays, it's like cover for me, but I wear size 18 clothes and 11W shoes so I have to scout out who has that available. The important part is that I know my sizes, and I really haven't had issues with things not fitting. Just got a blouse and skirt in today!

Haven't really gotten too awful much in the way of clothing online lately. Since the beer bug thing started, I mean. Lot of other stuff though.

Although, there were a few things that looked awful cute...

I was saying how much I missed the physical shops in a previous thread, but with that all said, I found that I am looking at the on-line retailers a lot more since lockdown. In my imagination, I have spent thousands, although imagination is a wonderful thing it spends money I haven't got, so I have only chanced buying a couple of items.

I, without any doubt, much prefer browsing real aisles, looking at the quality and, where possible, trying the fit and style for suitability. I also buy a lot from charity shops, which are cheap; plus the charity benefits from the sale...if it's not right, I donate it back for them to sell again and make more for their charity.

Aspiring Member
    Have I increased my online clothes purchases recently? Nope. Too busy. Not enough time. My day job takes a lot more time to do well online than in person. I may need to buy more eventually, though. Staying home has packed on a few extra pounds.

I just bought a bunch of tops online thru the Hawaiian Airlines Online Mall to get some airline miles as Hawaiian as discontinued that program. Back to Delta and United shopping to get miles.

Aspiring Member
    Have I increased my online clothes purchases recently? Nope. Too busy. Not enough time. My day job takes a lot more time to do well online than in person. I may want to buy more eventually, though. Staying home has packed on a few extra pounds.

One of the fashion websites that I read regularly uses the expression, ?edit your closet?. It keeps the wardrobe fresh and functional. It is what I should do again soon. Purge is an entirely different thing.

Shopping, yes. Buying, not. I have tried as I "shop" more to look at items and put them in a cart or wish list. Then don't buy them for at least a couple days (unless there is a really motivating sale that is time sensitive). I find that if I come back a couple days later the "instant buy motivation" has tampered in many cases and I buy less. Probably a good thought for my non Jenn shopping in life also.

Reality Check
    I buy most of my clothes in local stores (mostly Ross lately). Bras, panties and shoes I usually buy on-line.
    Krisi

I have bought tons of beautiful clothing of all sorts both online and in stores. Recently I have purchased a lot of clothing from Chinese online sites. I find that the diversity of styles and my capability to quickly look at a lot of styles is a definite advantage. Recently the most fantastic designs in party dresses, more formal dresses for going out to elegant venues, and well designed pants suits were purchased from this source. I actually bought 14 bikinis and one piece bathing suits from one supplier. They are beautifully designed and inexpensive. One problem is that one must wait a long time, but it is worth the wait. I have had to return a few items and discard a few others, because the Chinese sizing is often too small in the top.

I have too much clothing, but I love wearing all of them. If they don't look really good, I donate them.
    Keep on showing!