Thread: MaryAnn all day!

MaryAnn all day!

So, yesterday I had a very exciting day (for me anyway). I was fairly confident that my wife would be at work all day, I would have no one coming to the shop to pick up any orders (thanks Covid19). I would be embroidering hats all day so I wouldn't get my clothed dirty with ink or anything (I have a screen printing and embroidery business). So, as soon as the wife left I went into MaryAnn mode at lightning speed.
    I did my makeup. I put on my Leggs sheer energy pantyhose, my new "shortie" underwear, a black pleated skirt, a vintage silk long sleeve top, black dangle earrings and black bubblegum necklace and vintage women's watch. I donned and styled my wig. Slipped on a pair of three inch black leather pumps and walked out my door and over to my shop for a great day at work. Oh, I locked the door just to make sure there were no surprises.
    As I started working I noticed that I would have to get used to my hair getting over my face and into my eyes as I would bend forward to do certain things, but after a bit I liked it and it seemed natural. I get up and down from my chair at my desk MANY times during the day so I would constantly be tucking my skirt against my legs before I would sit. The feel of the skirt against my legs in the nylons was heavenly. The soft "swish" as I turned to do things sent shivers through me. I would catch myself playing with my necklace while I was doing things on the computer and as I would flip my hair back I could feel the earrings tugging gently on my ear lobes. I would check my look in the mirror and re apply my lipstick every now and then. Not because I had to, but because I could! I even answered the phone in a bit of a falsetto and the person asked if "I" was around,,, I answered that "I" wasn't, but could I take a message?
    I cannot remember when I have experienced such an enjoyable day at work as that was. It was sad to get changed before my wife came home, but it kept a smile on may face all evening.
    But, as I was sitting down at the table for super I mistakenly tucked my skirt (which I no longer was wearing) against my legs before I sat. My wife caught that and asked "what the hell was that?" Oops.

Banned Read only
    Sometimes adopting female mannerisms may give someone away. There was a thread years ago on mannerisms which seemed to be applicable to women and not men. Obviously a man wearing pants does not have to smooth a non-existing dress so it does not bunch up on the seat of the chair. Watch out on how you get into or out of a car too!

Thanks for telling us about your fabulous day you had yesterday! You got me smiling just thinking about it!

In times like these, with everything that is going on, I wish everyone would have some days like that.

Glad you had a great day, hope you get to have another one like that soon

Too funny, nothing like that has happened to me yet... But like you I do love flipping my hair back because of a breeze and the occasional tucking of my skirt or dress when sitting.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How odd, MaryAnn! Of all the countless times I've been out dressed? I can't recall ever tucking my skirt or dress under me when I sit down. And, that's all I ever wear.

However, since I always tuck, wear undies and an all in one or panty girdle, maybe that's why it doesn't concern me to sit on my skirt/dress?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!