Hi, I am looking for some education here. I hear about Pink Fog all the time but confess I don't understand what it means exactly. It is generally described as a pressing urge to dress. I don't relate to that. What comes closest to this in my own experience is thinking about it, fancying crossdressing, but it's never compelling. If I know an opportunity is presenting itself in the short future, and I think about it, it thrills me and I am joyful about it. But if I think about it at other times, I just fancy it like I would fancy scuba diving on a nice spot and play with an octopus (oh, I love those). It's not an urge. It doesn't distress me if I can't make it happen. It doesn't obsess me. It does not hinder my everyday life. I can leave it there and go on with other things without coming back to the prospect every other hour or day.

For those who feel like they go through it from time to time, how would you describe the emotion?
If you can't satisfy the urge, what is your level of distress and how do you remedy?
Also I suppose Pink Fog is only a CD thing? If you start or have completed transitioning it seems to me that it becomes irrelevant to you. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If a SO reads this text she/he is more than welcome to provide an external view point.