I was not feeling too great after the New year, and had already had a nasty illness around Xmas that left me 30 lbs lighter. That was OK by me, I could afford to lose something! But, I wasn't putting weight back, and I was not dieting by any stretch. I had a CT scan of my lower abdomen to see if anything was going on, and was horrified to hear they found something on my liver.
Fast forward six weeks, a myriad tests and scans, and it appears I have advanced liver cancer. I'm in the process of getting a final diagnosis since my surgeon oncologist is not too sure that's all that is going on. I do know it has not spread outside the liver, and possibly bile ducts, so treatment options are there, but scant and possibly massively invasive.
The upshot of all this is that I am debating with myself whether to hang up my heels for good or not. Maybe one last fling, or maybe keep it all and hope to be able to come back later if all works out and I am still around for a while. My wife has said she'd love for me to do whatever makes me happy, but frankly, my heart is not in it! It's hard to describe what I am feeling, and I am not even sure myself... I do like to go out when I am dressed, but of course right now that is not possible, so not much is left really. It's all a bit depressing!

Has anyone else found themselves in similar situations?