Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD Campers Group??

Talking CD Campers Group??

So I've noticed many of us enjoy camping. Myself included! The fact is my wife and I are working to retire in a motorhome and see the country, visit relatives and enjoy a camp fire as often as we can.

Does anyone know of and crossdressers camping groups? Where do I join

Banned Read only
    Sorry Joyce I like my creature comforts from a cosy B&B to a nice hotel .

I did try a motorhome in the Canadian Rockies when we met up with my son in Vancouver , I do admit I enjoyed it , with full hook-up you had every convenience .
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-07-2020 at 11:44 AM.

My group camps at the bar. Does that count?

yes I think it does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I spent over 40 years driving a semi truck so I got my fill of camping and living on the road.
    To climb in a camper/motorhome and hit the road does not sound like fun LOLOL.
    To get out for a week in the woods and stay at the same camp site I would enjoy that.
    To do it with a group of trannies it would depend on what those people were like.

I loved RV Camping when I was younger, even when I was in the Army and spent many months in a tent was okay. However, now that I'm old I am afraid if it's less than a four star motel, I consider that camping.

Blue Orchid has a motor home and was just talking about it in the Lounge this morning. I think she is hitting the road next week.
    Crissy

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Am not aware of any CD campers group. It does sound like a fun way to meet others with the same interests.

Most of my camping in recent years has been somewhat rustic while traveling with several others on 4-wd exploratory trips. No tenting though, sleep in the back of my Jeep Cherokee. No "dressing".

I do have a small travel trailer that I do like to use for getaways a few days at a time. Lock-downs and closed national forest, BLM, and state campgrounds this year has me very restless.

Motorcycle camping??

I motorcycle camp. But not dressed, it would look funny a girl lifting my bike if I dropped it. Ha.

My wife and I are on our probably 5th A class motorhome a holiday rambler with slide outs. I have not heard of any crossdresser camping groups over the years. When we started camping I would dress and no one seemed to care,of course I dressed conservative not to the nines. Over the years we have put many miles on the coaches and many campsites, met some great people and have seen many beautiful sights.

Silver Member
    I've not heard of any CD camping club, but some of my CD friends do like to camp. Personally, I don't consider RVing actual camping. Ya gotta cook over an open flame and sleep in a tent or under the stars. Most CDs don't like to mix dressing with camping because of all the extra gear, limited clothing choices and not getting a great shave. Amplify this 10x if you are talking about backpacking.

Full time TG/TS might be a different story though. Once you get to the point of fully identifying as a specific gender, you might not be so bothered with all the trappings and just put on your jeans and timberline boots.

There was this one beautiful CD that DID like to camp and get dolled up for photo ops in the wilderness. She did a great job, but since involving her wife, I don't think she does that any more.

Oh and even though I don't consider RV as real camping, it still is pretty cool and a good compromise.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 05-07-2020 at 04:05 PM.

I used to be a moderator on a cd camping site. But there wasn't enough interest, and people spread too far out, that we could never get a camp out organized, and finally the site just dissipated.
    On fetlife there is a group for camping cds but it pretty inactive.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Might I suggest Truck Camping.

For the uninitiated, that is a pick-up truck with a camper in the back. Not only can it go anywhere a pick-up can go, you can put the legs down and drive away and leave the camper in a camp site, or the end of a trail in the middle of nowhere, while you drive the truck around the area visited.

One of the many advantages, and the one most germane to this discussion, is you can go where you want and dress anyway you want without having to worry about other campers. [And, you can make quick unplanned stops at Goodwill stores you run across without having to worry about a parking spot for a trailer.;-) ]

Another advantage that I use quite a bit is that if whatever I am wearing becomes a problem, for any number of reasons, you can pull over and change in the back quickly. For example: If you are going across an international border, and your ID shows a different presentation, then it might be simpler to make a quick change than explain things.

If you can't find a suitable campground, a truck camper might make it possible to visit a particular club, for example, change in the parking lot, and enjoy the facilities.

My favorite example is my trips to the Rainbow Resort in PA. I can make the 5 hour drive from home pull into their parking lot, change, and have a very enjoyable experience. Since there is a public long term parking lot around 2 miles away, overnight parking is no problem. And, since it is large and wide open with no attendant, I can drive there enfemme with no worries.

For you creature comfort fans: I have solar power, a refrigerator/freezer, propane 2 burner stove and heating system, a microwave oven, a High Def TV, and a toilet / shower. A couple of years ago, I was showing someone around, and she said: "Now there is a closet I could live in."

Having said all that, if someone knows about a TG/CD friendly camp ground, I'd certainly like to try it.
    Last edited by VtVicky; 05-07-2020 at 09:14 PM. Reason: punctuation

I've posted about our RV adventures on these boards before. My wife and I travel about 6-7 months in our Airstream trailer. We like the NW and Colorado. I dress in comfortable and androgynous clothing. Androgyny is the combination of masculine and feminine characteristics into an ambiguous form. Chic elastic waist jeans, a nice shell under a columbia shirt. unisex hiking boots or tennis shoes. a floppy hat and a walking stick. underdressed of course. lol

Years ago a member of this group purchased a campground in Tennessee. It was an older campground and he brought it back. I'll have to look that up again, anyone else remember this member?

I went searching and, as usual, I got side tracked and started reading old posts about camping and I came across this post fomr September 2017. It's pretty much the same except I am now 71 and why i gave away that yellow outfit in my profile picture, i will never know.

here is the post:

My wife and I have spent four or five months since 2014 travelling in our Airstream. We've been west and as far east as the Blue Ridge Parkway, as far south as Alabama. We tried to winter in Texas last year but it was too cold. We were around Corpus Christi. We decided that if we were going to be cold, we might as well be cold at home where we had more room.

The first year (2014) I packed a few pairs of women's Columbia shorts all my levis 555 guy fits and about a 50/50 mix of Stafford and Vanity Fair. Most of the camp shirts I wore were men's. It was a nice trip and my wife and I enjoyed each other's company.

Then, in February 2015, I fell on black ice and shattered my left wrist, really back. I couldn't button up levi's or button shirts, going to the bathroom and bathing was not any fun at all. My wife got me Chic elastic waist pull on jeans on teh clearance rack and I was hooked.

In 2015, my wife said I could wear whatever I wanted just don't embarrass her. I appreciated that and, since I am not a 'femme' type dresser (more of a jeans and boots type) I was off to the races. She decided that for every three articles of clothing I had on, at least one item had to be men's. Since women's shirts don't fit me well (unless they are 3x and 4x) because I have a very long torso. So I usually wear men's advertising tee shirts or fishing shirts. Elastic waist jeans and panties.

In 2016, I was dressed all the time in my Iowa farm wife look. I brought a 'track suit' that male but that was for wearing on cold morning taking the dog for his morning walk. We camped in the NPS campgrounds along the Blue Ridge Parkway.

This year, 2017, we've been in Colorado and Southern Utah. I expanded my wardrobe to include women's Carhartt jeans, eddie bauer jeans, and my elastic waist Chic jeans. I really like the elastic waist shorts Kmart used to sell. They have wide legs and the inseam fits me well. Most shorts hit me behind the knees which drives me crazy. I brought along Vanity Fair pajamas.

We camped a lot in NFS campgrounds. Other than Labor Day and Eclipse chasers, we were able to get private camp sites, usually on the outside loop away from traffic or high back in spots.

We went to Lee's Ferry and had a wonderful, private spot for sunshowering and sitting outside but the temps rose to 103 plus so we left. Red Canyon was best. We sat outside everynight and watched the stars and the new moon. I also, in the course of this year's adventure, picked some Women's capri pants. Two pairs of elastic waist jean capris and two pairs of dark khaki camp capris, with pockets and strings. One pair is St. John's Bay which I think is penny's and the other pair is Eddie Bauer.

Also this trip I brought only new panties. I told my wife that after each shower I took in the Airstream, I would dry off and put on a new pair of panties. That was sort of fun. Laughing about styles and what colors adn that biggie....lace or not. You can probably tell we were in Colorado. My wife insisted that splashing water on my face and chest was NOT a shower! We were dry camping and watching our water usage...not so much fear of running out of water, but fear of filling up the gray water tank. Campers will know what I am talking about.

This year was several firsts.... two hail storms in three days. One in Eastern Colorado and the second one just north of Rocky Mountain National Park. The trailer got pockmarked pretty bad. The side of the trailer the first storm missed (it hit the front, rear and curb side pretty bad), the second one got. Then, going into Meeker CO, the right front brake caliper locked up and had to get that fixed, then the blinker switch went out, then the rear brake drums got hot and warped. Which was caused because the trailer brake controller shorted out when the blinker switch was replaced. It was a fun ride from Silverton to Durango with no trailer brakes you betcha! LOL It's funny now. We 'pulled out' a lot on that trip.... lol

My wife has commented to me how much more relaxed I am when we are camping in the trailer. I tell her I like wearing women's clothes, I know that I could never pass as a woman nor do I want to. I just like wearing comfortable clothes and the clothes I feel are comfortable are women's clothes.

She tells me to quit labeling myself.

So, if you would see me out walking around the campground, carrying a little blue plastic sack with a little schnauzer on the lease, give me a wave. I'm the 68 year old guy with long gray hair and a beard. Is that man wearing women's clothes? Oh what difference does it make? He looks comfortable. LOL
    Last edited by Ozark; 05-07-2020 at 09:49 PM. Reason: grammar

I am an avid backpacker. Us backpackers tend to weigh everything and only take what adds value to the trip. I guess I could get female outdoors wear. But I don't think the female section of REI really does it for me. It's just not that different from the men's stuff.
    OTOH, anyway to meet other CDs would like-minded interests would be fun. I've been to a couple of CD events, and it's all about CD. Which is fine, but I find most people are much deeper. Interesting question you pose, I too noticed that many of us are into hiking and camping.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Haven't done it since my Army days but always enjoyed it. I watch survival shows, actually know the guy who was the alternate choice to Dave Canterbury for the original season of Dual Survival. He started using and teaching a trick I showed him using dollar store magnifying sheets. I auditioned for season 2 of Fat Guys in the Woods, but it was two months after heart surgery and they felt I was a risk health wise... and yeah I probably would have worn panties at least while doing the show had they taken me. I digress slightly.... I went to my alma mater's football game against an SEC school a couple years ago planning to primitive camp on the way there. I had trouble getting in contact with any sites on the route and ended up staying at mother in law's place that she was trying to sell. I will try again in a couple years... so if anyone has a recommendation for a cheap primitive campground near I-85 going south towards Auburn, AL, let me know!
    Life is too short to be boring.

Well, aren’t we all just a little bit camp?

(Yes, that’s a joke )

We camped for many years in a tent, now it a cabin we love it heading there today.

Banned Read only
    To me, camping is all about jeans, tshirts and sneakers or hiking boots for men and women alike. Nonbinary fashion at its finest. Add to this dirt, humidity and less than ideal sanitary conditions. That's about as far away from crossdressing as I can image being. No. Thank. You.

Aspiring Member
    I am with you, Monica! Why would I want to hang out in the rain with the bugs and get all dirty? (How is that for a girly rejoinder?) Not for the fashion opportunities, believe me. The girls wear the same clothes as the guys, just with the buttons on the other side.

I worked hard for a long time to have a nice dry, soft bed in a place where bugs were on the other side of the screens. I paid my dues for many years camping, also known as hanging out in the forest and the desert with a bunch of crazy guys all wearing the same green or tan speckled suits with US Army above the left pocket, carrying empty weapons. I am done with that.

Banned Spammer
    Not a big fan of bugs and excessive heat and slithery critters so I always choose to camp during the beginning of winter.
    I have been bitten by every bug out there and once by a water moccasin. He missed my leg and got his fangs caught in the webbing of my boot.
    I have friends that thru hike hike the Appalachian Trail a lot and are hard core backpackers.Two have logged 600 miles so far this year until they closed it.

Please note that the OP was asking about "CD camping groups". Not camping in general.

I think that would be fun! But as others have said, not too much opportunity for femme dressing. I am okay with women's jeans, outdoor shoes, jean jacket, and top. Besides I like the outdoorsy girl next-door look; I am from the Great Pacific Northwest

Thanks everyone for your replies. I plan to simply be me when we retire. Wear what I want, when I want and let everyone deal with any issues they may have. So if there is an online group that has organization of events going on at campgrounds that would be really awesome.
    Just looking ahead to the retirement years.

Banned Spammer
    I wouldn't doubt there is a CD group of that nature and I hope you find one.