Thread: Hmmm Could be interesting

Hmmm Could be interesting

For the first time I have to plan a birthday party. The guest list is small: two daughters and one step son.
    It's for a 70+ bd of wife so trying to make it different. The girls are handling the food, so I have decorations, etc.

To make it memoriable, I've order bob/short wigs for us all. They are just costume wigs, but the idea is to cheaply change appearance and 4 different colors. Naturally girls are fine with it. Step son "may not play dress up". I'm going to try to encourage him to just wear a wig during the meal. We'll see and more importantly see if we can all have fun being goofy.

Not much CD, but hopefully it's a start to playing with a wig from time to time.

Our families don different hats for goofy photo shoots with the Christmas tree. Might have to see how wigs would go over. I don't think we would ever get to a crossdressing Christmas though.

Are you out to the wife? If not, bright funky colors would work, but natural colors might raise suspicion.

Aspiring Member
    If you are out to family, ur pushing ur life style onto others. Not good

If not out, eh, they will figure it out pretty quickly

Sometimes I'll tell my wife stuff "lets make today Silly Sunday and just be silly today" which is always fun. Maybe call the gathering Silly Saturday Birthday Party. Or think up another name for the occasion to soften the goofy-ness.

Sounds like it could be fun.
    Angie

Out to wife, girls know but never dressed for them. Now working on getting a 70's playlist together and then the boring stuff, clean, clean, clean, organize, clean... did I say clean, ugh

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Let us know how it went.

Not til next Sun. Naturally will post results.

Considering going Dali just to break focus and it may be too much like steampunkish clone, but considering this:

straw hat
    natural red bob wig
    butterfly tattoo and rose tattoo on cheeks
    heavy white sun lotion on nose
    polo
    tats on arms and legs
    shorts
    one long red scoccer sock
    one short white sock
    one blue shoe
    one black shoe
    one fingerless glove
    one smart glove

I can visualize the components, but can't picture how it would all look. Eclectic, yes. Would it work to make it a warm funny day.
    Not sure, I need to think about it for a day.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maybe I don't get it, Donna? The girls all know, the step son doesn't. You're not going to actually cross dress, just try to look goofy?

So, it must NOT be about your dressing. It's just a silly theme for your wife's bday.

So, other than wigs, what's everyone else wearing to the event?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sorry, the idea of wearing bob style wigs sounds like the pink mist talking. If this birthday party is for your wife then, in my opinion, 100% of the focus should be on her, not your crossdressing.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 05-10-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Yep, pink has flown away, it was a stretch trying to play off her fear of going all white haired. Back to shell, and dullness. Now I don't think it will happen especially since fun, out there daughter has now morphed into covid panic mode and is too afraid to even use bathrooms.

Oh, well another instance of being caught up and then slam dunked into reality. Pfft.

It was a fantastic success. The girls were 15 years younger giggling and playing around with the wig looks. My wife even wore the granny wig for over a hr. Just when the excitement would die down, they would look at my red hair and smile and start up again. It was not much more expensive than party hats as they are over priced and costume wigs are cheap. They especially loved that they could keep them and take them home for use at another event sometime.

I was disappointed in mine. I wore it for the 3 hrs of the party and then gave it away for son-in-law, who naturally thought it was weird. They said I kind of looked like Bowie in Labryinth. It was supposed to be a natural red bob with bangs, well the style was right, but the color was a copper red which naturally looked party and not natural.

So, questions about wigs:

I had large and it seemed like raised on head, do wigs always look like you're wearing a thick hat?

What is the secret to buying a wig on line that looks feminine? My look and the sellers images were so far apart.

The bob length goes to the neckline, is it better to have a longer wig than that?

Finally, what are the things to look for and to avoid in buying synthetic wigs?

Glad your party went over well.

Plenty of wig threads in the forum, but to answer your question, the surest way to buy a wig online that looks feminine on a person is if that person is buying another copy of the same wig they already have and they know that works. Other than that, the surest way to get a wig that will suit you is to try them in a store.

When I buy wigs, I usually go to the store dressed and fully made up (only makeovers so far. My makeup skills are a work in progress) so I can get the full fem effect right there.

I realize this way of shopping may be a bit bold, but it's great fun. I love it.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Glad your party went well.

Please post your wig questions in the Clothing, Shopping & Beauty section. Thanks.