Thread: "Boys can be princess too"

Dreaming is half the fun.

"Boys can be princesses too"

Have anyone seen this on facebook and on the web? I just found it and was so happy to see how some parents are so loving with their sons, i will no share any picks, but if you search for this you will find it, just wanted to share and like to know what do you think.
    Last edited by almalove; 05-11-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Interesting.

Funny how no one would bat an eyelid if it was boys dressed up as a superhero or any other "normal" costume. For me it was cowboys and Indians or a knight.

Would the same standard apply if it was a girl dressed up as a male Disney character? No.

We live in a strange world with double standards.

I had no idea this existed, I know I would have loved it.
    Crissy

Silver Member
    there are a bunch of pictures on Pinterest and other sites showing what they claim are boys as girls. There is a company that specializes in Quinceanero (girls come of age in Spanish countries) for boys to dress as girls for their 15th birthdays. I have doubts about some pictures but have found several that could be true. I looked like a girl when I was young. Even got referred to as a girl/woman into middle age. When I bought a wig one time the woman that sold it to me told me that, "you don't know how pretty you are". I had already bought the wig so she didn't need to tell me that. The land lady that helped me go out as a girl when I was in my late teens assured me that I looked better as a girl than a guy. My only problem today is time has not been kind to me. oh well!

Platinum Member
    In fact the website is exactly as you annotated. There are similar pictorials on Youtube of boys attired as girls by their moms.

The youtube videos I enjoy are the ?Girl for a Day?. They take a boy and transform him into a beautiful looking girl and then go shopping. I envy them. Would I, if picked? In a heartbeat.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "Seen this"? I AM that!

P1470210 (620x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I can only imagine how nice it must be to be transformed into a girl for the day.
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 05-12-2020 at 09:02 PM.
    Crissy

Silver Member
    This group is only 5 months old and already has over 500 members. Not bad!

I would have loved to have done it when I was younger. But the truth is that there's no way i would have done it 50 years ago.

Now I can do it myself, but I do have some help. I've had many makeovers by GGs, but I paid them for it. I've had many mani/pedis by GGs. And I've dressed in front of many GGs when trying on clothes or makeup. I even had a GG SA help me buy a one piece bathing suit, after i tried on a few for her. I also had a GG friend who went for a pedi with me and then helped me shop.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    At the risk of being a wet blanket, I really worry about putting these boys (or any children) out there in the public view. They may not always dress, and someday their high school peers could come upon the pictures and cause them problems. I also worry about mothers dressing their sons up just to get attention for themselves (granted these examples are innocent, but there are some terrible examples of this actually happening that have been in the media, including one case where the child has been put in serious danger.)
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 05-13-2020 at 07:49 AM.

I am not on Facebook, but psychologically this is a very healthy practice and is a fairly new technique in dealing with children who desire to be a member of the other gender or at least express that way. But I am not sure it is healthy if the child doesn't want to do that or does not identify that way. In other words, support the sense of self the child exhibits and not the parent's idea of what the child should be like - that is an almost certain way to create a disaster if the child is moving one way and the parent wants them to move in the opposite direction.

Back in 1953 when I told my mother I wanted to be a girl (a more common event in young boys than you might imagine) the request was usually immediately denied. Mine certainly was and it was perhaps the most traumatic event in my childhood. As a result some very severe problems developed later in my life because I had to deny who I was. That never ends well. Denial is more common to produce problems in boys than in girls, because girls are allowed more freedom in dress than boys.

Today it is highly recommended that if a boy has that tendency to allow it to occur in a regulated but still accepting environment. Most of the time they lose interest after a few years, but sometimes it persists into adulthood. In that case it can be dealt with appropriately in puberty and adolescence so the child does not feel like they have had their sense of self completely rejected. If the child continues to feel that sense of self, then it is best to allow that to develop as far as the child desires it to go. Denial, as it turns out, is one of the worst things a parent can do to a child.

So, I fully support such child rearing techniques. Wish that had existed 70 years ago. It might have saved me a great deal of pain, depression, weird and truly undesirable behavior that I eventually overcame when I came to grips with who I am and at least became, in part, the girl I wanted to be 70 years ago.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    . I also worry about mothers dressing their sons up just to get attention for themselves .)
    I agree with 100 percent. Unfortunately mothers do all sorts of things to bring attention to themselves.

I tend to worry about any small children who are put in a competition or public display by their parents.

Little girls who are in pageant's are a prime example. They wear makeup and are paraded around to compete with other children. There is only one winner, the others are "losers". Doesn't seem healthy.

If parents put their little boys on display, I just don't think it's a healthy, either. If a little boy wants to dress like that at home, then fine. But not publicly.

Boys and girls only have one short time in life to be kids! Being a kid is hard enough sometimes without added unnecessary distractions.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-13-2020 at 09:41 AM.

I agree that if the child is forced into it that is probably as devastating as having their sense of self denied. In fact it is a kind of denial of the child's sense of self. But it all revolves around how the child feels about the experience and that is the responsibility of the parent to be aware of and be consistent with. The child's needs and characteristics should always be the forefront of what kind of activity the child relates to in a positive fashion.

As a child I was forced to play football and baseball. I hated both of them and I hated the fact that my parents made me play them because I was a boy. The year after I refused to play those games. Instead I built a telescope and went out at night to look at the stars and planets. I did biological experiments in my bedroom at home. I devoured science books like potato chips. Finally, my parents got the message. Their kids was now happy.

This would have been great when I was younger... but at the same time, I'd probably be scarred to get involved because of the reactions of everybody else around me if I got involved in something like this. I do love that this exists though!

I've seen ideas here expressed that perhaps this is parents wanting attention for themselves, or that they are "putting their children on display" for similar personal gain.

There is no reason to assume such selfish motivations. What this sounds like to me is that it makes you feel uncomfortable, because you're imagining yourself being exposed so thoroughly at such a young age, and that part is scary.

But it could be that a parent is just open-minded and listening to their child.

I agree with Violetgray. I don't see this as the parents "putting their children on display". I see this as a wonderful form of acceptance for these young boys. I'm sure that the boys expressed a strong desire to do this. I know I would have absolutely loved it.

Thanks to the OP for posting this, made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    This group is only 5 months old and already has over 500 members. Not bad!
    They must be doing something right.

I wish I had had this opportunity. As things were, even dressing as a scotsman was out of the question. I know, I actually tried.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    At the risk of being a wet blanket, I really worry about putting these boys (or any children) out there in the public view. They may not always dress, and someday their high school peers could come upon the pictures and cause them problems. I also worry about mothers dressing their sons up just to get attention for themselves (granted these examples are innocent, but there are some terrible examples of this actually happening that have been in the media, including one case where the child has been put in serious danger.)
    Vickie,

Not allowing a child an opportunity such as this should it be something they really want to do shouldn't be based on a future "What if". In not doing it you by default side with the haters. Bringing this into the public domain moves society forward out of the shadows.

I'm sure we all hope that in 10-15 years time attitudes will have altered with ridicule and and disparaging comments considered unacceptable with the haters being moved into the margins of society and not anyone from ours or the wider LGBTQ community.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I would agree that it certainly has to be ?child led? and isn?t a route to go down unless the child has demonstrated that they want to be female or experience being female, but absolutely- and in fact the only way to remove the stigma that some so concerned about is to open more people up to this practise. If it is seen as being more commonplace (as homosexuality has become, for instance), that will gradually normalise it.

It is unfortunate that you weren?t allowed to express who you were as a child. It interests me because my own experiences were so different. In the early days of my crossdressing (and frankly being unsure what I felt or what I wanted at the time) I had ?total immersion? therapy enforced on me by a therapist and lived as a girl full time through my latter educational years.

I think the parents who put pictures of their underage boys cding on social media really aren't thinking about the future. Once something is up on social media, it can be up for forever even if you delete the post, who knows who could have downloaded it. Until the child becomes an adult, those types of things shouldn't go up on social media and even then it should only go up with the child's permission.

I know if I had cross dressed as a kid I would have been petrified if it ended up on social media (I was bullied enough as a kid as it was for other stuff).

It is great that parents support it, and let the child explore how they want to present early on in life if that's what the child wants to do. Heck I will even support letting the child go out in public that way if they want, but it shouldn't be put on social media where it can never be completely erased.
    -Brandi

Follow me on my new Instagram to follow all my adventures as Brandi:
    Instagram: Brandi_sometimes