Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you need something new each time you dress?

Do you need something new each time you dress?

For me it's usually a new dress, I almost never wear the same dress twice.
    A few months ago I PURGED over 200 dresses knowing it was very unlikely I would try them on again.
    With out something new I find it hard to get in the mode.

What drives you?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

No, I'm not a clothes horse. I look for pieces that will go with things I already have. I like new looks, but I can be just as happy with something that I haven't worn for a while, or even something I've worn more recently, if it seems right for the day.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Gee Judy, it is hard for me to imagine having 200 let alone purging that many. I only have enough for maybe 15 - 20 outfits overall. Since I can only dress when traveling, no one has usually seen me in any particular outfit. It is hard to fly with a lot of clothing. By the time you add up makeup, forms, wig , shoes and all , my suitcase weighs about 39 lbs with only a few things to wear so it is not practical to have too many items, although it does sound nice. I am not sure I could pick out what to bring with me : )

Sandi

Omg are you kidding me? It?s a running joke between me, my wife, and my drag mother that I never wear the same outfit twice. It?s only half conscious I swear. When I wear something, I?ll put it away for at least 6 months. Since we only go out 2-3 times a month usually, and almost always with the same people, I don?t want it to look like I don?t have a wardrobe. But what happens in that 6 months is that I?ll get or make new outfits, and those get pushed to the front of the line to get worn, so the 6 month cycle ends up getting pushed back indefinitely.

But yeah, last time I finished a dress, my drag mom says ?Let me know THE date you?re going to wear it so I don?t miss it forever?.

I mostly wear jeans and a top or a skirt and a top and have many to mix and match with! Hugs Lana Mae (200 dresses purged/ I only have 9! LOL)
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    I have to ask. Where do your purged dresses end up? I hope you drop them off at a charity for battered women or some other worthy charity.

Sorry Judy you're on your own there. What I buy has to have usability, I need to know it can be worn out and about on more than one occasion.

I do separate dresses, those for day time and those for evenings.

Two other big reasons why things have to be usable. Lack of storage space and budget. Wearing something only once would just seem such a waste on both fronts.

It would be amazing to have that many choices, but there are certain things over the years I've been happy to wear time and time again.

Wow Judy if your wife ever found that out you would be PURGED too!!!

Judy, No. I always love a new dress. However, I have my favorites.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    I had to smile at this question and have one for you , " How would you deal with everyday ?"

My answer is a mix of yes and no , on a daily basis I usually slip the same skirt and blouse on with or without a cardigan depending how warm it is and then get on with my daily jobs , in that respect it's no different as a GG . I guess the drive is being more comfortable doing it as a woman and not a man .

A new item to wear is a nice bonus but normally it will be something suitable to wear when going for meeting up for a coffee or taking in some shopping . I question how many items do I need for a night out , I still have things hanging in my wardrobe unworn from last year and really too many heeled shoes .

The bottom line is " Dress up " to you means something different for me , just enjoy what you do as as I do .

Do I need something new? it?s nice, but no. I?m basically a skirt, tee/blouse style girl. I wear different tops with my skirts for which I?m guilty with +20 any many tops. I enjoy my pants and shorts...and skorts. I have an assortment of dresses too. Sometimes, choices are difficult, but enjoyable. And, sometimes, I?ll begin the day in one ensemble, and wind up the day in another. My wife teases me about my fashion changes. What drives me? Sometimes it?s the pink fog, but mostly, I just enjoy dressing.

For me part of the dressing is wearing new things. I have many clothes and under garments I have gotten over the years. its been a while since I bought any clothes. Mix and match works. I do get new makeup colors to change it up. But most of my joy comes from the process of getting into my fem side. On a day/night in (since I don't go out) I have been known to change my outfit makeup coloring and nail polish 2-3 times. A lot of work but the satisfaction is worth it.

Aspiring Member
    I have almost infinite choice. Today my total number of dresses passed 1100 and I have 1000 skirts and 2000 tops, though I mainly wear dresses. I spend most of my time in dresses and I love finding a nice dress I haven't worn for a while. There are few situations I would not be able to cover - I don't have a wedding dress or a uniform of any kind unless you include the sot of tunic beauticians wear. I have never wanted to do the wedding gown or the maid's outfit. I wear the sort of clothes women wear when they are smartly dressed but not any form of trousers. Up till now I have only ever bought in shops but today took delivery of my first internet order as there was a deal that overcame my reservations about internet shopping. I got 9 linen dresses reduced to ?20 or ?25 each that arrived in today's mail and they are wonderful - they will be fantastic when the weather warms up again. I tend to wear my most recent 30-40 dresses then the newer ones I add change the selection but I also mix in some older ones.
    Last edited by susan54; 05-12-2020 at 09:41 AM.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Actually, I do prefer at least one thing new every time I dress..... I ordered a new pair of wedges from Torrid, they're sitting at the post office in my town waiting for me to pick them up. LOL

I plan on going out dressed today, wearing those shoes with my white flowery dress and new breast plate.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Reality Check
    No, I don't need something new each time I dress. I have a lot of nice clothes (too many, in fact) to wear. I really need to go through what I have and get rid of what I don't wear.
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    I used to, but Wendy's closet became so large my wife was complaining about the amount of $$$ I spent. Plus, I wound up purging items that either I don't wear anymore, wore only once, or doesn't fit, so that became a huge waste of money.

So now I make due with what I have, and it is mostly separates so I can mix and match and have a new outfit daily.

If I have something new, then it is going to be worn soon. I don't think I had anything new not be worn within a week or so. I keep my closet ordered in a way all the washed stuff goes on one side so I can easily tell what was recently worn and what has not been worn in a while. For dresses I tend to stick the same few most of the time. For skirts I like to pick one I haven't worn in a while and still feel bad most haven't been worn that many times.

I like it when I come across something that I had forgotten about and not worn recently. It’s like getting a Christmas or birthday present from someone who knows exactly what you like.

I do like having something new to show, but it can be mixing and matching prior outfits, new wigs, new poses, change in makeup, new hosiery.
    That does reduce my collection from your massive one you had, but it is still significant. My wife has now been wearing my dresses, which is fine. Nice to be able to share. They are not as short on her as on me, but she still mentions how short they are. And several new items are still stuck on the VERY slow boat from China.
    Hugs, Ellen

Hi Judy, No I do not have something new each time I go out, which isn't very often. I have a few blendable dresses, skirts, and blouses that I tend to wear fairly often. The rest sit in wait. Seeing your outfits makes me beg to let me/us know when ever you purge again! I love your dresses.

Aspiring Member
    I don't need something new every time, but it sure is fun! I do wear thing several times. I tend to wear things more often if it is something I would wear out of the house. I save the frilly and pretty thing for special occasions.
    Last edited by sara66; 05-12-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by susan54 View Post
    Today my total number of dresses passed 1100 and I have 1000 skirts and 2000 tops, though I mainly wear dresses.
    I thought I had a lot of clothes!

I buy a lot of clothes (not on this level or Judy's level) but when something new comes in, something goes out. Not necessarily the oldest. It's a rare week that I don't buy something new, but I do not accumulate. There's a lot to be said for having favorites

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Thumbs up I'm with u, Judy. I have a semi trailer load of Sherry clothes!

I'm a closet dresser. In my 1000's of pics I try not to repeat outfits. Life is too short!

However, some outfits r simply NOT practical to wear out in public. Or, can't be worn for long periods of time. So, I have repeated a hand full of outfits a few times when I'm out.

If I dressed every day? I couldn't and wouldn't do this!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    Now we know why some of your SOs complain that you have more femme stuff then they do! I have over 100m dresses most bought at stores when I acknowledged my being TG. I was in a heavy pink fog. I try to wear a different one each day so that they don't just hang in my closet. My skirts and tops are seldom worn. I may donate most to a thrift store that helps battered women.