Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you need something new each time you dress?

hello Judy,
    wearing something new is certainly special.
    I tend to delay the experience so I have something to look forward to...
    luv J

What drives me? Variety. I would never go out in the same outfit twice. I may reuse a feature piece, but always in a different outfit. I also love variation. I go out in dresses, skirts, jeans, slacks, leggings, shorts, capris, skorts, swimsuits, anything a woman of my advanced age would wear. I love to play to the season, sundresses, sweater dresses, whatever the weather dictates.

Judy, I know the constraints life has placed on your dressing. You are a very beautiful woman, know it and feel it.

Be well!!
    Last edited by Kandi Robbins; 05-18-2020 at 06:00 PM.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Wow that is a lot of dresses I am jelous. I dont always wear new clothes but I do love getting new clothes and cant wait to get them on. I once had a delivery of a new outfit and was halfway through putting it on when the doorbell went and it was the postman back with a package he had missed in the van so as im not 'out' and dont dress in public I covered as much as I could and quickly went to get the other package as I realised it must be the matching heels i had ordered for the outfit. I answered the door and postman looked rather confused but said nothing, after I went back indoors I realised my robe only cover to my knees and I was wearing fishnet tights lol the excitement over took me as I wanted to wear those heels so much I was well and truly caught haha

Platinum Member
    Hi Judy , I have really slowed down in buying new things, As I have three closets full and 160+ pairs of shoes

I just keep finding things that I have forgot about. >Orchid .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    You might need treatment. From psychology today

Compulsive behavior refers to the continued repetition of a behavior despite adverse consequences. The compulsions are fuelled by the obsessions (e.g., intrusive thoughts of contaminations). Compulsive buying is characterized by excessive preoccupation or poor impulse control with shopping, and adverse consequences, like marital conflict and financial problems.

About 6% of the U.S. population can be said to have compulsive buying behavior with 80% of compulsive buyers being women.

Compulsive buying is similar to behavioral addiction, such as binge eating and gambling (Lawrence et al., 2014). Compulsive spending frequently co-occurs with other mental illnesses like depression, anxiety, and eating disorders. Unlike other addictions, which take hold in the teens, spending addictions mostly develop in the 30s when people achieve financial independence.

Compulsive buying is not listed as an addiction in the DSM-5. However, the impulse problem appears to share certain characteristics common in addictive disorders (Black, 2012).

You mentioned suit case weighing 39 lbs well put that same amount of men?s clothing in suit case(s) cause it would take most likely two to hold the same amount. I?ve found that I could pack like 8-10 days of outfits in a suitcase. Not sure if its the way I fold them or that most are on the lighter weight category. Either way I can really pack them in along with everything else I need as well.

Not all the time but I often crave a new outfit

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I haven't really been able to dress during this Pandemic or go shopping for that matter. I do have some new stuff available for the next time i get an opportunity. Going shopping with my wife is wonderful time we share together so i always seem to have something news to wear

Need, no; want, yes.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I bought 2 Ebay dresses, and my only skirt suit a few weeks ago, but did not try them on for days. I have about 9 dresses now, and do not need any more. Need to minimize everything i have now. I am single do not have a lot, but still want to get rid of a lot of everything, so if i need to move quickly, i will have less to move. I do not need new things for each dressing session, though.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 05-19-2020 at 05:17 PM.

I think that means you're transgender. /s

But it sure is nice to have something new to play with.

Wow! Something new every time I dressed!? And I thought I had a problem!? My SO often says I have more clothes than she does and she?s probably right. Although I do seem to have quite a number of fashion mistakes that only get worn once or twice before being consigned to a charity shop somewhere down the line.
    In honesty, it would be great to have something new every time I dressed but I?d run out of closet space and cash pretty quckly 😘

No, I don?t specifically have to have something new each time - what I am finding ever since I?ve been furloughed, which wasn?t so true when I was working (or otherwise occupied), is that I have to listen to my inner-Heather, so if she wants me to get in girl mode, I won?t get any peace until I find the hour to set aside to dress and do my makeup, but she is generally pretty happy with the materials I already have to hand.

Plus, frankly I can?t afford it.

The only new thing I need to dress is a new day. hugs:
    Angie

Well I sure do love the new look of something new, I guess I would have to say yes. I am particularly struck by the unlimited selection of looks, colors, styles etc that a woman can wrap themselves up in. I am trying my best to try each and every one.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

I definitely avoid repeating outfits, especially around people I know have seen it before, but I cannot afford to wear every outfit once. Aside from the cost, I have limited storage as is.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

A few years ago I noticed I only had 2 dresses. So I started buying dresses! I probably have less than 20, haven't counted lately.

I love clothes! There are articles of clothing that I will keep forever because I love the way they fit and look. Then there are articles of clothing that I get bored with or find I never liked very much from the start. Those are the ones I eventually get rid of. I've got a couple of dresses that will go back to GW soon.

I don't mind being seen in the same outfit once in a while. Some CDs never wear the same dress but they only have one winter coat!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Not every time but at least a couple times a year I need something new.
    Connie