Thread: Sister and style

Aspiring Member

Sister and style

I was on the phone e shopping with my sister. She just purchased a new dress from Lane Bryant, it is the same dress I was going to order, Neither of us had any idea the other was looking at it. We have purchased several identical thing in the last year. So is my style from wearing so many of her clothes or did my style developed on its own. I am 54 and haven't raid her closet in over 30 years.
    Does any one else have similar style to the women in your life?
    Sara

It sounds as if she had a defining impact on your taste/style. I think it is wonderful you can share your situation and purchases with her. I would luv to have had that arrangement with my sister.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I would never wear what my sister wears its a very different style but my older brother used to CD in private(he thought) and I used to borrow his clothes when I first started dressing but he dressed like prostitute haha so I dont dress like that either. I would say though that recently on a family holiday my mum and my aunt had certain items of clothing I either already had something similar too or so something I thought I would really like to try on but couldnt as no one knows I CD but I guess my style must come from my mum and my aunt in some way. I also often am a little jelous of my sister in laws outfits and take some inspiration from what I have seen her wear

I liked the way that my ex-wife and duaghter dressed. Si, my base style is what I like to call classy chic, not old fashioned and not avant garde. It is a style i like other women to wear occasionally. Now that I am full time and retired, I dress down a lot and do not get out into the City as often as before.

Silver Member
    I don't dress like my sisters since I left home and started choosing what I wore. I should point out they liked tom boy look and I liked fem. I also had the advantage that I worked for a large department store who had fashion consultants. It didn't take long for some of them to figure my sister was always the same size as I was and liked what they suggested. Soon they just told me you need to get this dress and this would be a cute top and skirt. One SA told me every one should beautiful lingerie.

Banned Read only
    My wife and I share a sense of style, and have clothes that we share. But we do both have our own style and have clothes that the other won't wear.

I guess the real question is, are you close enough in size to share?
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Platinum Member
    Hi Sara , Sounds like you and your sister think alike. >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I can wear some of my ex's showgirl outfits. She'll never be able to wear sexy clothing again after ballooning up soon after we hooked up.

My sister's a tomboy. Nothing on common in clothing tastes!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyDawn View Post
    I guess the real question is, are you close enough in size to share?
    Hey Shelby,
    Yes we are the same size. She has borrowed things from me. She has recently lost nearly 100 pounds, so she is in her wardrobe rebuilding phase. If she loses to much more weight I may have a bunch more in my closet. The only down side she lives about an hour away and only gets to town once a month or so.
    Sara