Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nature or Nurture

I was forced to wear dance tights at age 5 for a school play. Being dressed with this piece of feminine cloth (sorry, I didn't attend ballet plays at the time and only girls used to dress with tights around me ) in front of an audience was a cruel experience that I still vividly remember today. I wouldn't got as far as saying that it is the reason for my crossdressing, but I would venture as far as saying that it probably lifted the guilt when I decided to try on pantyhose a few years later.

My nature was nurtured.

Banned Read only
    I had no childhood experiences that would fall into the category of nurture. I had no sisters until I was twelve. I had no female cousins. There were hardly any girls in the apartment building I lived in with my family. No Halloween escapades. On the other extreme there was a constant barrage of negativity towards gays and lesbians. Sex was a dirty word. The attitude of my parents had a chilling effect when cross dressing arose in me. I am dead sure I would have been dead if my parents had been able to catch me in my mother's clothes. It's not that they did not try. They did not succeed only because of the security chain on the apartment door. It wasn't until puberty that hormones started raging in me and the cross dressing started. Before then I could care less about girls or anything sexual.

put me in the nature side.
    It's always been there - as far back as I can remember.
    a few "events" in my young life may have served to activate or reinforce my tendencies, but it seems like I always knew.