Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've run out of hiding places

Buy a pair of workboots, preferably with the original box. Conceal each form inside one boot.

Then you will have boots and boobs to boot!
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I?ve got a locked cabinet in the garage but have dresses and skirts inside suit bags in our walk in robe. My biggest challenge though is I?ve run out for space for my footwear. I?ve got about twice as many pairs of heels n boots as I have men?s shoes but nowhere else to hide them. I understand those women who have dozens and dozens of pairs; they?re kind of addictive.
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

Any suspended ceiling? Under a staircase in basement, and put in a false board? Attic corner and make it seem to be a box over some ducting or pipes?
    Hugs, Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    Big speaker cabinets.
    Thats where I kept my stuff for years when in my teens.
    How did that affect the sound, though? Bet it really muffled the bass to the point where the "thump" almost disappeared altogether...

Aspiring Member
    The best hiding places do not last long. I ought to know. For some reason, I attract large numbers of female relatives best described as nosy.

Hiding places seem to have a trade off between convenience and security. For example, my attic is a place where only I go. Wife has never been there and, due to the difficulty of climbing up there, she never never will go there. It is hot as Hades in summer and cold as Dante?s lowest level in winter.

Get a rental storage unit. It works for me.

I was fortunate enough to tell my wife about my cross dressing before we go married (48 years ago) and she was okay with it, so I don't hide stuff. While we had kids at home I kept my outer wear mixed with hers, other stuff was in storage boxes under the bed. After the kids moved out we have separate bedrooms (someone snores too much). It is so much easier now as I keep every thing in my room. I don't hide anything from my wife because she would be pissed off if I did, and I know she would eventually find out. I do have a nosy daughter that has gone in my closet, and commented to my wife about my dresses. She knew I would dress up on Halloween she just didn't know I did it more than that, and she is okay with it.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryWoman View Post
    ...............?. So as someone said above, I'm between a rock and a hard place.
    Only you can change this. Or leave it like it is and forget the wig and boobs.

If you really want to buy and hide this stuff you can certainly find a place to do it, but consider this: Your wife is at work or out shopping and you decide to get your stuff out and get dolled up. Something happens and she comes home early and walks in on you. What then? You have deceived her and now you are caught.

The stuff about family members finding your stuff is BS. You can buy or make a place to keep it locked away from family members but she knows it's there.

It's your like, fix it or accept it the way it is. We can't fix it for you.
    Krisi

Apparently unused boxes = Worst option.

Banned Read only
    My vote is strongly in favor of a lockable file cabinet. Keep your Mysteries hidden in there, MysteryWoman!

A file cabinet is a perfectly natural article to have around the house. Including from the viewpoint of outsiders. Where do you keep your personal and financial records anyway? Bills, credit card statements, tax documents, medical records, details of investments, deeds and titles to vehicles and other property? A file cabinet keeps them organized for a start, and it's natural to keep them locked up if your wife is worried about the prying of wretched noseypoke relatives who can't even spell the word "boundaries." Who wants anybody knowing your financial affairs, or learning your Social Security or credit card numbers, which could be used for fraud? It's a normal matter of personal security.

And who's to know if the content of a file cabinet doesn't consist entirely of paper? If your wife's reason for storing your clothes along with hers is to pass them off as plausibly "her own" in the face of those long-nosed relatives, I imagine you might have shoes for one thing that are visibly "not her size"... "Bigfoot"! (Unlike other body measurements, hand and foot sizes, as we know, often differ markedly between the sexes. I push the limits at size 11; my late wife was only a seven, although some of her other clothes used to fit me at one time.) Small items like shoes could go easily into the capacious drawers of a file cabinet, along with wigs and breast forms, safe from prying eyes.

Of course, you could "go the whole hog" and invest in a safe! Though I don't have one myself--luckily the people around me have always been trustworthy--there are reasons for owning one if anyone has especially valuable items to protect: expensive jewelry or irreplaceable heirlooms, a valuable stamp or coin collection--or weapons for that matter that need keeping from others for their own safety, that of children above all. My wife and I had burglars twice. One time they stole electronics, which were replaceable. But another time they got away with a load of my wife's jewelry that I'd given to her over the years, and a daisho standing in the hallway that I prized myself, having brought the pair home from Japan. I can't pretend any of this was "worth a fortune," since we weren't "rich" by anybody's standards. But I do wish my wife's jewelry especially had been in a safe, since it had great sentimental value.

The only trouble with a "safe" is that it advertises the fact that what it contains must be of some special interest or value, which noseypokes want to know about and others might want to steal. A file cabinet in contrast is an "ordinary" office item that attracts no special attention. Who's to know what you're really keeping in there, and why should they suspect?

The only obstacle you have to get over is the second one: your wife's hangup about wigs and forms "in principle," apparently for a motive you've explained. Perhaps you need to talk to her about this, impressing on her (assuming it's true) that at this late stage of your life she need have no fear that you're about to "change into a woman" permanently. Anyway if you only dress in private, out of her sight or while she's out of the house, what you keep in your file cabinet and is "for your eyes only" in a DADT relationship shouldn't matter to her or to anyone. Good luck implementing a solution!