Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cremation or burial clothing

Myself I?ve already planned to be cremation. Only good thing I can really see out of it there won?t be any burning hair smell except on my head. As far as clothes I do believe they do you naked. 👩🏻*🦳

Aspiring Member
    I've thought about this. No one else other than my wife knows about Wendy, and I would love to be buried as Wendy; as someone says, moving on in drab is not an option. However, this creates a dilemma if my wife outlives me, people will start wondering why I am made up as a female and not my drab self. I guess it can be closed casket so then no one will see.

For years I told my wife to just throw me in the local river. But they have since ruined my plans by cleaning it up and making it a great trout stream. Now I don't know which way to go.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Everyone knows my experience with this .
    NO matter how well you think you know your family , if what you want ( no matter what it is - clothing , photos , mementos music , what is in your obit etc etc ) is important to you put it in writing and file it with an atty or funeral home if you pre plan or notarized and left with a trusted friend . Its not difficult .
    People go absolutely nuts when a family member dies and will sadly , many times , just do what they want even if they were or seemed supportive when you were living .
    It broke my heart when none of my SO's wishes were followed . None - and there was not one thing I could do . Its made this even more difficult to recover from , its like his mom was going to punish all of us for his dressing .
    Last edited by Dutchess; 05-18-2020 at 10:55 AM.
    IG : Knightress Oxide

Reality Check
    I will be dead so I won't care. I will be cremated naked, I suspect. If there is any viewing, it will be in male clothes as friends and family knew me.
    Krisi

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    Funerals are for those alive. My wife and I are going to be cremated and I don't think they dress you for that. I've always said open the bar and have a party on me.
    This is the closest response to my situation. Cremate me naked, or donate my body, don't bother dressing me, I'm dead and don't care. Don't force those that I've left behind to dress me.

Now one thing that would be really cool is that when they put together that montage of photos, I would really like the prettiest Meghan photos to be included. It part of who I was, and involved my participation in this world. It would be a fitting final act of promoting acceptance and love.

The subject of cremation came up recently in a family talk, but choice of attire wasn?t mentioned. I mean, does it really matter what one is wearing when one?s cremated? The deceased won?t know or care and all one?s really doing is giving someone extra work (an adding to the cost of the service, l imagine) by making some funeral schlub put a cadaver in a dress.

Who does the dressing anyway? Does one really want some stranger putting one?s body in a dress, even if one?s deceased?
    Last edited by char GG; 05-22-2020 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Video contains word not allowed on this forum
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I will be dressed as a male but told my wife to slip a special pair of Gloria Vanderbilt floral pattern panties I have in my jacket pocket just before they close the casket
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.