Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The challenge of " Dress up " time .

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post

I know I've asked this question before :- If you had no restrictions how far would you truthfully like to go ?

I can only IMAGINE where I would go, since there are plenty of restrictions in my life - and yes, I'm sure some of them are self-imposed.

IF I could overcome my self-doubts and fears, and I had:

No restrictions from my SO?
    I'd break out and use my feminine day-wear wardrobe (skirts, bras, dresses, etc.). My wig, makeup, etc. would also be a big part of it.

No restrictions from my SO or finances?
    I'm sure I'd be expanding my wardrobe considerably. I don't have much these days, and it's way out of style.

No restrictions from my SO or finances, or social pressure?
    I'd be out and about - just trying to be"one of the girls"

No SO, financial, social, or physical restrictions?
    I'd BE one of the girls.

As the saying goes "I live in a fantasy world, but it's OK - they know me there."

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraLin View Post
    I can only IMAGINE where I would go, since there are plenty of restrictions in my life - and yes, I'm sure some of them are self-imposed.

IF I could overcome my self-doubts and fears, and I had:

No restrictions from my SO?
    I'd break out and use my feminine day-wear wardrobe (skirts, bras, dresses, etc.). My wig, makeup, etc. would also be a big part of it.

No restrictions from my SO or finances?
    I'm sure I'd be expanding my wardrobe considerably. I don't have much these days, and it's way out of style.

No restrictions from my SO or finances, or social pressure?
    I'd be out and about - just trying to be"one of the girls"

No SO, financial, social, or physical restrictions?
    I'd BE one of the girls.

As the saying goes "I live in a fantasy world, but it's OK - they know me there."
    I second this motion.

I can also relate to SaraLin in post 26. Yes, most restrictions are self imposed and pretty much out of fear or self-doubt.

I'm still afraid to come out to family members or maybe just don't want to. I was living alone and dressing whenever I wanted (at home) but I had to let a family member move in due to the pandemic.

Also, if I really felt the need to come out to the world as TG I shoulda, woulda, coulda done it by now! For someone that told their mom 50 years ago the he wanted to be a girl, I'm pretty much still in the closet.

I've been out dressed with other CDs and I liked the feeling of being free to do so. And I'd love to spend more time dressed in public to test out my feelings on the matter.

Wrapping it up, it's a hard question to know how to answer with any certainty.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I agree with Jamie (post #20) and Sara (post #3) that I would not dress every day, but would be very happy to do so on a regular basis. A couple of times a week, plus any special occasions or travel where I would dress every day.

Dress time for me would start more often but if the excitement of DSDS (don't see don't show) challenges from my wife I think the dressing would diminish after dressing every day for weeks. I have 3 full days last week and my feet were killing me. I bought the wrong size heels..

But I would leave the house and go out. I would love to have a group of real girls to hang with and go out for drinks and dinner. Place me in a group of 4 women and I think I would be the "tall one". That would be a blast. I need to get a purse first.

So yes, I would start strong and then peter out somewhat. But it would be my choice. I have no desire to transition to a woman. I just love women and want to be with them, dressed preferred. Still need my man parts.

If I had no restrictions, I'd dress far more often, as my wardrobe would have its own accessible place instead of being a pain in the backside to pull from hiding. With no restrictions, I'd also actually get out and socialize at the various events which were regularly scheduled pre-Corona.

Reality Check
    Any restrictions I have are pretty much self imposed. Don't let anyone I know see me dressed, don't embarrass my wife, family, etc.

So I would love to be able to get dressed up, walk out the door, go shopping, etc., but I know better than to do that. There are things that I want to keep doing as a male that would be difficult if it was known that I was a crossdresser.
    Krisi

With my wonderful, encouraging, supportive wife. I have no restrictions. I think I?m about as erratic as others...some days more, some days less, etc. I do wear panties daily and a bra most days. Beyond on that, who knows? I love the freedom..thanks to her. Yesterday, to the nines. Today, basics.

I am really not sure, I would be at least three to four days a week in dresses and skirts to start. I would probably then go into blending mode (skinny jeans, knit tops) for a while (couple of months) and end up back at once a month or so "full on transformation".

Banned Read only
    Brenda,
    Being out and about is dictated to a point depending on the weather , I've been out today just in a skirt and Tshirt to do all my chores , it so hot it's the only sensible thing to wear , especially inside the garden centre where I bought my bedding plants . I look round and wonder why more women aren't dumping leggins and trousers to wear a skirt or sundress .

Krisi ,
    Do you think that one word , " Crossdresser " is your biggest obstacle ? What would you response be if your wife and family told you they had no objections at all ?

Ressie,
    It is a hard question to answer , how can it truthfuly be answered until it's been tried ? The problem is when we do it opens up another can of worms and we face new questions .
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-28-2020 at 10:33 AM.

I do not wear men's clothes! I am Lana Mae 24/7! That said, I am mostly in jeans and a top of one sort or another! I have unlimited freedom to dress except at work and that will change once I can change my name on my nursing license! They are now "my" clothes and dressing is more mundane! I do wear skirts and a top or a dress for appointments and possibly when I go out to eat or do clothes shopping! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

With no restrictions, I would probably be dressed all the time except at work.

As things stand, I just wear my forms and underdress. Works for me.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

"If you had no restrictions how far would you truthfully like to go ?"

i'd be a public man-in-a-dress. No desire to pass. i would be the man that I want to be rather than a woman. I'm in a denim skirt right now that i'll have to change for a pair of shorts to get out in an hour or so. i'd like the drama-free choice to wear the skirt out on errands. I know a lot of members would say 'just go for it' but that choice doesn't pass the cost/benefit test for me.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

If I had no restrictions, I would be dressed almost all the time. No doubt!

Aspiring Member
    I don't think anything would change. I don't dress as much as most of you, and I dont think that would change much. I usually only underdress and I'm even doing less of that.

Aspiring Member
    No restrictions is pretty broad.

If there was no money and space restrictions, I would continue buying as many blouses/skirts/one piece swimsuits as I can. Throw in there several evening gowns and wedding dresses for good measure.

If there was no SO restrictions, I would live life as Wendy for nearly 24/7.

If there was no societal restrictions, I would go to work as Wendy, and pretty much do everything as Wendy. I'd work out in girl mode too.

I would not consider a sex change, but purchase appliances that would temporarily alter down there for bathroom use as a girl.

For me it is almost like recharging a battery. If I have an extended period when I can?t dress (which happened a lot when I was younger - not so much these days) I find the urge builds up until I am able to release.

On the other hand, if I am occupied I am usually able to hold my dressing at bay, so it doesn?t affect my work, for instance. I am furloughed at the minute and whilst it varies from day to day, I?ll often start the day off in many mode? but be in a sparkly dress and heels by lunch - so possibly a boredom element there?

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    I was posting a reply to Danille Dubois's thread when I posed her a question , I thought it might be an interesting question to ask other members .

If you didn't have the restrictions and challenges of your " Dress up " time would you still want or need to to do it ?

I know I've asked this question before :- If you had no restrictions how far would you truthfully like to go ?
    I basically have no restrictions. The wife wants me to do it more...granted neither of us would want the children to be around, and obviously Covid-19 took away three months of opportunity, but I don?t mind at all

So the restriction situation isn?t applicable to me.

In my opinion, I don?t think I would dress at all if not for the urging of my wife, as she believes it helps me. If no kids were in the picture at all or out of the house, etc, I think I would probably dress a couple times a month...maybe more.

Two other points:

1. Dressing takes time & work. There are factors that can help this... I.e. when my hair is long, I don?t need a wig.

2. Speaking of hair...because that?s what I like most, when it?s longer...it satisfies the urges for me...(pink fog management)

So...back to the original question. If my hair were as long as I want it (shoulder length), I would probably do something w/it every day. I have avoided growing it for 40+ years...I?ve gotten to the collar a couple times, but always wimped out...my wife is interfering now, so we will see. If I get to a legit length (all hair in a ponytail) that would be nirvana for me and the wife knows it. So the OP question from Teresa will be more interesting at that time. As I feminize my hair into fun styles, will I want to match it w/the rest of the look? I think the answer to that is yes. Hoping I get to live that experiment.. It?s going to be very tough (thank you business and conservative world).

Banned Read only
    Wendy,
    Maybe I should have been more specific , the question wasn't asked from the monetary angle , although I know that can also be a sore point with some wives/partners .
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-29-2020 at 08:55 AM.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    With this COVID thing , I haven't been able to dress for THREE MONTHS. (People in the house) If left by myself (Single) I would likely dress about every two weeks (About the length a good dressing "FIX" lasts me before I begin to get "Antsy") Previously I have been able go get ONE good session a month---Not enough but OK. I have a NEW and realistic BLONDE wig I wanna try out, and some vintage seamed hose just screaming to be worn----And nothing I can do about it for now.

My wife is currently only ok with me underdressing in my pantyhose (as long as she doesn't see or know) but is no longer ok with anything more. I'm hopeful that will change someday. If I had no restrictions...hmmm...If I had no restrictions I would probably be dressed at least 50% of my time at home and underdressed to some degree or other most of the time. That's called heaven to me.

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa , If I could I would probably stay dressed all day, >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

If I had no restrictions that could be expensive! Ha. I would dress more for sure and have more time to work on make up skills.

There are personal restrictions and social restrictions.

Currently I have no personal restrictions and I dress all the time, of course my dressing is different from yours; I wear panties and a bra every day, my jeans and shorts are are all women's jeans and shorts, my undershirts are all women's tank tops, while my tops are just generic polo's and button downs that I wear because that's what I like to wear.

At home, I wear skirts and dresses, because they are comfortable, and most of the time my favorite wig. I don't do makeup because I don't do it well and, honestly, I am color blind so I'm never sure what it looks like when I do anyway.

Any female clothing is just part of my wardrobe now with a qualification; those social restrictions...

If there were no social restrictions, I would wear the skirts and dresses out every day as the mood struck me and the weather allowed. I would also expand my wardrobe to include a wider variety of female styles, especially shoes,of which I currently only have one pair of sandals because I never really get to wear them and wearing heels just around the house is not my thing
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I can honestly say I would still dress regardless of restriction. And the only restrictions I have are self imposed so I believe I would perhaps dress a little more if the restrictions on Public Acceptance was nonexistent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!