Something Michellebej said on another post has me wondering if others find this to be true in their lives also.

Quote, "One of our truisms is that "past is prelude to the future". Meaning that for the vast majority of people behavior expressed in the past, and especially the period from birth to early 20s is "hardwired" into a person. I'll just throw out right now that some people do change, most though just control their behavior. Though they often think they have changed. A person can go for years even decades thinking they have changed till they encounter the right trigger."

I find that the music I prefer to listen to is basically the same as when I was younger. The sexual desires that I have are still the same as when I was younger. The type of people I prefer to spend my time with are about the same as when I was younger. My tastes in food are basically the same as when I was younger. My interest in sports and activities is the same from my youth. Some things have developed, or evolved beyond my youth, but if a line was drawn backwards, it usually connects to something in my youth.

I find it really true, most of what I am, is a result of my early years. I have even said that, "people spend the first 20 years of their life becoming an adult, and rest of their life overcoming their childhood". I guess I am 'hardwired' into what I do today, what about the rest of you?