Thread: Material issue?

Aspiring Member

Material issue?

I now spend almost all my time in dresses, tights and heels (only 8 hours or so in trousers in last 8 weeks). I do not identify as a woman and genuinely prefer these clothes. I wear women's briefs all the time except when visiting friends but do not think of this as underdressing - I genuinely find them more comfortable.

When I first started al this crossdressing stuff I would go for underwear that was as different as it could be - satin and lace in strong colours or patterns. Nowadays I prefer elasticated cotton with no trim of any kind. This is thinner material than male underwear, and the elastic waist is a lot narrower without being so tight it applies pressure on a smaller area. The same with tights - they are thinner than socks so my feet don't feel so suffocated. Even the shoes are thinner material. I wear heels in the house and find them more comfortable than male shoes because the material is thinner and my feet do not feel so imprisoned. It would be difficult to argue that heels are more comfortable than male shoes when walking on hard surfaces out of doors but I have worn women's flat shoes on pavements and they were more comfortable. If you want comfortable shoes they really have to be leather but the leather for women's shoes seems to be thinner. A man's vest is very thick cotton while a woman's vest or camisole is finer.

So I think that thinner material is more comfortable generally for clothing and shoes. My go-to garment is a dress and unless it has a tight bodice it is always more comfortable than trousers whether the material is fine or coarse, simply because it has no crotch. Some days I have only worn panties, 40d tights, a broad-shouldered slip and a dress with long sleeves that goes on over my head. No bra or forms. I think this is the most comfortable outfit you can wear.

I am not claiming that I only cross-dress for comfort but it adds to the pleasure. I think that I also look better in a dress or skirt than trousers (it has to be a style that suits me) and many women have told me I look better in these clothes than men's clothes. I get a lot of compliments when I go shopping as a man in a skirt with opaque tights and ballet pumps. So if it feels better and I look better I do not feel I need an excuse to wear these clothes.

Banned Read only
    Yes, women's clothing is much more delicate. However, more than a few of us also enjoy the restrictive feeling of squeezing into girdles, bras, gaffs, breast forms, etc. which is the very antithesis of delicate comfort.

As society forces us to renounce gender bias, it's only a matter of time before we are all wearing gray hoodies and reminiscing about delicate feminine clothes. Enjoy it while you can.

I agree Susan. The most comfortable clothes that I can wear around the house are my panties and a slip. I don't often get the chance but its my go to outfit when I can. Years ago, when I started wearing panties instead of traditional mens briefs I did it for the excitement factor. Now, I wear them because they are way more comfortable than anything else. As you say, the fabric is thinner, they don't stick to my clothes, etc. I also enjoy the wide variety of colors. If our wives had to wear mens underclothes they would understand why we prefer theirs.

Susan, I think you have done a really good job in analyzing and describing the differences not only in the clothes but also how they feel when worn. From what I see after reading thousands of posts here over the years, what you describe is a big factor for why so many of us like women's clothes. It is not just a gender thing. They are not only prettier and more graceful, but incredibly comfortable. Even T-shirts feel different because the fabric is often a different blend than in men's clothes even though the construction is almost identical. The fabric in women's T-shirts is often far softer and molds to your body a lot better as you move about. But you can't beat men's clothes for warmth. That is about their only virtue in my opinion. Color selection is ghastly, comfort is deficient, texture is like fine sand paper or steel wool. But what the hell - guys are TOUGH! Right? Ok, some are. Tough males is a stereotype that is not really helpful in a diverse society. And tough often means aggressive. Aggressiveness as a virtue is also an overcooked stereotype.

Hi Susan,

I think it is great that you look good in women's clothes. That usually indicates you take good care of yourself so you don't have to hide a few extra pounds.
    And it is likely that you have a good sense of style!

Marion

There’s a practical reason for this. Men are expected to be tougher on their clothes than women, therefore more durable materials are used.

Aspiring Member
    Your mileage may vary based on the brands you buy, but the women's shoes I've bought don't last anywhere near as long as mens. If I wore a pair of my ankle booties as often as I wore my mens shoes, they wouldn't last a month. I guess that's why my wife has 30 pair of ankle booties.

A well known effect of taking estrogen is softer skin.

I find women's clothes to be very comfortable because I have an hourglass figure. The XS clothes in the Junior's department are cut for my body size and shape!

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 05-18-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I agree with Monica. When I dress in women's things, comfort is the LAST thing I care about. I go for looks as my top reason to dress! But then, I'm a closet dresser. Not someone who looks to dress in ordinary women's things daily!

Susan, u seem to be preoccupied with thin fabrics? Maybe u have over heating issues? One issue I have with tites and nylons as they r way too thin to protect my feet from hi heel damage. I can wear thick socks with most of my boots which makes my protected toes so happy!

Women's fabrics tend to be thinner, but, r usually synthetics which r hotter and less comfortable.

I would argue that for actual comfort? NOTHING beats men's cotton T's, shirts, undies, and loose pants! And, that u simply like wearing women's clothes!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I sometimes tress for comfort but other times the dressing isn't all that comfortable but feels so girly.
    Angie

Elasticated jeans - I don't know the material make up but even non skinny women's jeans can have a slight stretch to them and are thinner. I have some guy jeans that are also slightly elasticated but not skinny, they actually seem more durable than regular jeans as there is more give when moving. Sparks from grinders and welders singe quite a bigger hole though.

For sure women's clothes have more options and some of those options are dang comfy. It is one of my concerns when picking out clothing is the comfy factor. But I still shy away from thin materials since thin stop will show nipple bumps and thin bottoms will show my untucked... But you can still find some of those softer materials even with a little thickness. Or even the softer strechtable jeans that are nearly as thick as men's.

hello Susan,
    men's clothes are SO BORING.
    luv J

Silver Member
    I have worn panties now 24/7 for so many years that I can't even imagine going back to mens undies, I started to wear panties because I am a cross dresser but the bonus is that I find them so much more comfortable that the mens ones, I still go for the very lacy panties because that is definitely what I like and a dress (as I am wearing now, working at home) is way more comfortable than my normal work trousers and shirt

So that lets me get nice and girly and also be more comfortable, what's not to like

Susan, I am a crossdresser and believe wearing women's panties daily is part of it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Susan, it?s definitely the softness and silkyness that I enjoy the most. I, too wear nylon panties (Vanity Fair) daily...and most days..thigh highs and a bra...sometimes with forms..sometimes not. There?s no question, women?s clothes are much more comfortable than men?s...polyester blends. And, my wife agrees. As I?ve mentioned in other reply?s, she doesn?t understand how or why I think thigh highs and underwire bras are comfortable. I guess, I don?t understand it either, but it?s my desire.

Gretchen, i respect what you write very much. The only thing i will kind of disagree, is that rugged males are still very needed to keep a society strong, as in the dirty, grimy, hard physical work, like construction, well drilling, farming, mechanical, oil well drilling, fishing, and so many grunt hard physical demanding work. I agree, that rugged, physicaly powerful men do not have to have "tough" mean, nasty badass personalities, though. Some males are built like the rock of Gibraltar, and will never look feminine , no matter how much make up, lingerie, dresses, wigs.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Susan, I found some mens undershorts, at a thrift store, that are almost like panties, or support panties. I bought them, and sometimes think i have briefs for females wheni wear them. Some new mens briefs are very close to the comfort level of nylon panties now.

I was amazed when I bought my first top. The fabric was so sheer that things were poking out so much, I had to buy my first bra. My favorite and most comfortable way to dress is leggings and a sports bra.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Silver Member
    I like women's clothes and have for years. My wardrobe is all women's except for a few things. I wear women's jeans most every day. I have shorts, and keep my legs smooth. I wear bras, needed. My favorite tops are button down silk blouses. I think women's clothes are interesting and nice to wear. It has been that way for a long time.