After reading through posts and becoming a more serious participant I have noted some observations that I'd like to pose to the group to see if I'm understanding them right. I will number each item as that may help keep comments organized.

1) I understand that there is no definitive cause or cure for Crossdressing (and by extension gender dysphoria). I'm certain that is the case but I'll still put it out as a question, is that correct?

2) We each have to come to terms with it and find our own place or limits. To put it another way we do whatever it takes to make ourselves happy or satisfy our dysphoria and if it doesn't subside we keep taking the next step wherever that leads us. Consequently, if a spouse for example asks us how far we're going to go we really don't know, especially if we have negotiated more freedom to dress?

3) Dysphoria can start as a child or we might have clues but push it aside until it hits us later in life? I'm going to say true because for me the signs were there as a child but it didn't hit me hard until I was in my late 40's. Please elaborate if you like.

4) Someone can go a lifetime thinking it's perhaps a sexual kink and dismiss it before facing reality when they're older and it may lead anywhere from dressing at home once in a while to full transition? Again I know this to be true but I'd like to get some feedback and insight on this from the more experienced.

5) Most women might be accepting of crossdressing or transgender m to f in the larger population but NIMB in their personal relationships. Some walk out the door the day of the talk, others experience a slow meltdown and some, I'm not sure of a percentage, are supportive and stay in the relationship. This is true but one can never read enough personal observations on this subject.

6) Does age and whether one is still having intimate relations make a difference in #5? In other words, while a spouse might cross their arms and stomp their feet refusing to budge at 35 perhaps the "I married a man" protest isn't as big of a deal at 70. As long as the crossdressing spouse adheres to whatever is agreed upon and checks off all the other male role boxes, yard work, car maintenance, fending off burglars, and they don't feel threatened they might be more tolerant?

I realize that one size doesn't fit all. I'm trying to formulate some subjects that I want to cover in my therapy sessions and want to be sure that I understand these things. Crossdressing isn't new to me but coming to terms with it instead of denying it and pushing it into the background is new territory. Thank you.