Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting older

Aspiring Member
    for me, the answer is : YES !

As I look back at my history of dressing, the desire has always been there. In my 20s, I didn't have to do deal with life stressors like bills, work, and responsibilities like house upkeep and car maintenance. So dressing at that time was more for fun and enjoyment.

In my late 20s/most of my 30s, I had serious health issues so dressing was placed on the back burner, I think I only dressed a few times but I was really preoccupied with my health and I didn't feel feminine at all with all the doo dads stuck in my body at that time.

40s and onwards, finally received proper treatment and my health is back on track. Without any medical appartus stuck in my body, I feel like when I dress, I can really take on the feminine persona. However, now that I'm married and we have our own place, stressors like bills, work, and house/car maintenance is always on my mind. I am using dressing time as stress relief from those stressors, and I constantly think about dressing all the time. As I get older and look to the future, I can see myself dressing much more often.

Home girl in the main LucyLondon's Avatar
    My desire to dress evolved over time, from doing it for a sexual thrill as a teenager, to now feeling much happier and more relaxed when I am Lucy now that I am in my late 50's.

For me it is escapism from the trials and tribulations of everyday life, not sure I would ever want to live as Lucy, but given the chance I would probably spend as much if not more time fem than in drab, like many my main problem with that is wifey! She allows be to dress as I please at home, but def no going out. I love her to bits but I do know that a single me would stay single and spend as much time as possible as Lucy, both indoors and out. The younger me did not think the same way, i'm sure that if she had I probably wouldn't have got married, but heyho such is life, and I have a pretty good one
    Lucy

God invented Silk and Lace, So lets wear it!

I’m mid 60s. Desire is stronger than ever as I have the opportunity and money to be able to dress fully and go out in public feeling confident. For years it was more a closet thing with occasional trips out not looking very convincing. I have received great advice from wife friends beauty salons and others and the fact I am told I now look good dressed probably intensifies the desire to go out. I also enjoy the buying of age appropriate but very feminine quality clothing and accessories and mixing with women and being treated as a woman when I’m out. Never dreamt I would reach this level when I started this long journey!
    Last edited by Cheshire girl; 06-16-2020 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Punctuation

My desire to dress has not declined any as I approach 61, but I am more inclined to act on it. I'm taking more of a "Life is short, do what makes you happy!" approach now.

I am 85 and was immediately attracted to being female when I first wore panties and a bra 50 years ago. My interest and desires to be female have steadily grown over the years as I learned how to be more attractive. It is a continuous, lovely process. Presently, I am at the peak of my femininity both in feelings and attractiveness. I would say that all things are getting better each year and I love who I am.

At 62, I don't know if my 'desires' has changed at all, what has changed is my acceptance of the fact that it is just who I am.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I don't remember a burning desire to dress when I was in my 20's. The desire is much stronger now.

I had the desire in my 20s. But, it wasn't until my 50s that I realized I had enough financial independence to dress as female in the workplace.

The recent Supreme Court ruling may help others express their desire.

Marion

I?ll be 68 in July and dress more now than I ever have. It?s just a fact of life we are and have been getting older every second. Can?t change it or stop it only dying will stop it.

Hi,
    Just found this web site -- so new here ,started dressing about 4 years ago now 77 yrs old . Its a ( very ) steep learning curve ( more like strait up ! ) still dont know where i am going but.......

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark View Post
    Getting older... I am sitting here this evening in vanity fair pajamas and, of course, Vanity Fair Ravissant briefs to match the pajamas reading the posts.

I posted this 01-01-2017 Pleasant memories here. I won't say my wife accepts me, she says she doesn't care what I do, just don't embarrass her, but I will say she tolerates me. and that is good enough for me. My life has been pretty interesting since my wife retired. In the last three years we've spent about half our time traveling in our Airstream. We went out west twice and south Texas this year. I've written about these trips on here before.

The point is my wife seems to be more accepting of my 'hobby' in the trailer so much so that this last trip I brought very few men clothes, mostly shirts. My wife had a "rule of three".... for every three items of clothing I had on, one of them had to be male... So panties, chic elastic waist jeans and a Columbia shirt....

We came home shortly before Christmas. We had a nice Christmas with our children and our grandchildren. Lots of visitors so I was on my best behavior. After all the guest left, the curtains were drawn and the wife and I were settled in our chairs, she asked me if I wanted to "wear something pretty" while she got us each a glass of wine. Well, of course I did.

I also noticed that she has been folding my clothes. She used to just lay out the shirts so they wouldn't get wrinkled, fold the jeans, but panties and socks were my responsibility. Not any more. Last night I sat on teh couch and watched her fold my panties. And I wear full cut Vanity Fair and Shadowline panties.

Last night, new years eve, I dressed in a pair of Chic elastic waist jeans (she picked them out for me when I broke my wrist and couldn't do belts or button on levis), a dress barn blue sleeveless T shirt and a brown oversized top from Sag Harbor. I call it my "Iowa Farm Wife" look. I like dressing like that. She went down to the bar be que joint and got a slab of ribs with sides, while I got dressed. She told me I looked nice and we laughed because saying "You look nice" is what we heard a relative say at a family gathering and as she walked away she said "she looked horrible but I wasn't going to tell her that!" a real bee word. Anyhow, "You look nice" is funny to us.

About 11:30, I went into my bedroom and changed into a set of red vanity fair coloratura pajamas and robe. I also put on matching red panties with lace, all vanity fair. We celebrated the new year, toasted each other, had a new year's kiss and went to bed.

This morning we just lounged around the house in our bed clothes, played on the computer, drank coffee adn watched tv. She said let's do something instead of just lying around the house. So we decided to get dressed and walk through some flea markets. I went into my room and dressed in teh same clothes I had on last night--blue vanity fair lace ravissant briefs, Chic elastic waist pull on jeans, Dress Barn sleeveless Tee shirt, and a Sag Harbor over shirt. Before I went into the living room, I got one of my Columbia coats out of the closet just as she was telling me to wear a light jacket. I stood in front of her and asked if this looked ok, or do I need to change my shirt, I'll keep my jacket on I said. She said I looked fine.

Sure enough, as we were walking through the flea market I got hot. She said, take off your jacket. I said, no, I'm ok. I walked a few steps and said to myself, what teh heck! and I took off my jacket. She came up behind me and started messing with my collar and teh hem of the shirt. Should I put my jacket back on? No, I'm just straightening you up.

I was so peaceful, so serene, it was a very enjoyable experience. I wasn't trying to pass...Heck I had to grow a moustache because my hands are so unsteady that I would cut my nose shaving and since I talk xeralto I bleed like a stuck pig. No, I don't pass but I do dress comfortably. No dresses, mainly jeans, slacks, androgenous tops...oh you'd know if you were looking at me that I was wearing women's clothes...you know it takes one to know one, but most people don't pay any attention.

We got home and I messed aroudn with adding some water to the hot tub, took a shower and am now wearing light blue Vanity Fair pajamas and a matching short robe....and, of course, matching panties. My wife just told me I looked nice and she hugged me. Ain't life grand!

We have been SIP since March 10. We will get through this! Stay safe.
    Nice to know i am not the only caravaner here ! like you i take Anticoagulants -- can be a problem at times so far i havent taken it ( dressing ) as far as you........

My first memory of crossdressing was when I was 6ish... it has been off and on since. 20 years ago I lived alone and had a 3 bedroom home, two of the three closets were for MaryAnn. The only time I wasn't dressed was at work or out with male friends (don't think they would have understood). 18 years ago when I met my wife I tried to quite cold turkey.... that didn't couldn't happen. Now the pink fog is back stronger than ever and I'm not sure where it will lead this time....
    The Pink Fog is thick with this one....

68 and only own a couple pair of men's shoes shirt and pants . I have no Male underwear. Been retired 8 years derss female casual 24/ 7

New ... Again
    I would say it increases as I get older. But why? Perhaps my growing experiences and comfortableness provide/promote more opportunities. Also, an expanding wardrobe beyond solid dark tops and bottoms scream to be worn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire girl View Post
    I?m mid 60s. Desire is stronger than ever as I have the opportunity and money to be able to dress fully and go out in public feeling confident. For years it was more a closet thing with occasional trips out not looking very convincing. I have received great advice from wife friends beauty salons and others and the fact I am told I now look good dressed probably intensifies the desire to go out. I also enjoy the buying of age appropriate but very feminine quality clothing and accessories and mixing with women and being treated as a woman when I?m out. Never dreamt I would reach this level when I started this long journey!
    We seem to have lost one of the best dress shops --- Bon Marche ( U.K. ) ones in liverpool & wallasey have closed only birkenhead open........

So...what you?re all saying is this never really goes away? I?m 35 and already can?t pull away.

Give in to the dark side, Alexis......
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.