Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting older

Mine varies quite a lot. In general both men and women tend to converge with age when it comes to gender sense and expression. It is thought this results from the decline in the hormones that fuel some of the gender differences earlier in life. So males become a bit more leaning toward the female and females tend to become a bit more male-like. But the fact that there is a wide variation in this change the change in hormone levels as the cause is quite suspect. There could be a lot of other explanations. But the responses so far are quite representative of what happens with age. Once a person gets close to 70 things tend to change more quickly and become more pronounced. But, as always, your mileage may vary. And that is why hormonal changes are often suspected to be only a small part of this gender behavior shifting; something else more obscure may be more important than hormones.

hello Kimberly,
    my dressing is becoming more frequent. I do have more opportunities as an "empty-nester" and as I get older my life expectancy is getting shorter (so why save dressing up for later?)
    luv J

I don't know if it's a matter of getting older or retirement, but yes.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    77 and I'm a closet dresser. Now that that I'm divorced and the kids have all moved out, dressing has become the driving force and social center of my life!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm 74 and the urge to dress is as strong as it has ever been.

Karen Sue

Getting stronger and I really appreciate it as well.

Aspiring Member
    Almost 62, and on HRT as part of transition. The desire became almost obsessive as I got older. The HRT has greatly reduced the sense of urgency, and the need to dress super-girly. I now dress casual most of the time, as most GGs would. There are zero opportunities to go out with confinement so no urge for fancy dress. Just jeans and a top or blouse. I can't even be bothered with wigs at home, a bonnet will do. More comfortable, less trouble, and saves wear and tear on the wig which wasn't cheap.

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    Does your desire to dress increase or decrease as you age. I'm 63 and my desire to be dress is stronger than ever.

My internal feelings is female and always has been, I am not a crossdressers. Can I dress more sure I am retired and the kids are grown and gone. Does the pink fog still exist yes some time.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kim , I am 77 and have been in this program for 73years now and Just keep going and loving it.

>>>>>>>Orchid .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

As is mine but then with the blessing of my wife thd loads of time being retired that's a good thing.
    Angie

Stephanie58
    I am 80 and the desire to dress has rapidly increased since I was outed to my immediate family four years ago, after about seventy years of hiding.

I have now reached the stage where I will out myself to the outside world as I am totally tired of being ashamed and fearful, and lying.

The thought of dying having spent my whole life feeling ashamed fills me with horror.

67 here and the desire has increased in the last few years. Opportunity has increased also; the kids are out and on their own, and I am self-employed. And I have discovered the joys of thrift-store shopping.

Platinum Member
    Dressing really took off after I retired and had more leisure time to be enfemme for an entire day. My wife was still working part time, but, full days. She also made trips out of state once a year for seven to ten days to visit our daughter. That was great, being able to be en femme 24/7 for days on end. Now with my wife retired femme time has gone the other way. Sigh!

Silver Member
    I have now entered my 60's and the desire to dress is as strong as it ever was, the difference nowadays is that I can fully enjoy it without any self guilt, I just enjoy being me, I love to dress and I can and I think because I can and I love to, then the pleasure I get from it is all the more enjoyable

My desire to wear what I want, when I want, increased with the additional time and opportunity that came with retirement at 65. It's still going strong at 72 and I don't see it decreasing in the coming years.

Karen

Getting older... I am sitting here this evening in vanity fair pajamas and, of course, Vanity Fair Ravissant briefs to match the pajamas reading the posts.

I posted this 01-01-2017 Pleasant memories here. I won't say my wife accepts me, she says she doesn't care what I do, just don't embarrass her, but I will say she tolerates me. and that is good enough for me. My life has been pretty interesting since my wife retired. In the last three years we've spent about half our time traveling in our Airstream. We went out west twice and south Texas this year. I've written about these trips on here before.

The point is my wife seems to be more accepting of my 'hobby' in the trailer so much so that this last trip I brought very few men clothes, mostly shirts. My wife had a "rule of three".... for every three items of clothing I had on, one of them had to be male... So panties, chic elastic waist jeans and a Columbia shirt....

We came home shortly before Christmas. We had a nice Christmas with our children and our grandchildren. Lots of visitors so I was on my best behavior. After all the guest left, the curtains were drawn and the wife and I were settled in our chairs, she asked me if I wanted to "wear something pretty" while she got us each a glass of wine. Well, of course I did.

I also noticed that she has been folding my clothes. She used to just lay out the shirts so they wouldn't get wrinkled, fold the jeans, but panties and socks were my responsibility. Not any more. Last night I sat on teh couch and watched her fold my panties. And I wear full cut Vanity Fair and Shadowline panties.

Last night, new years eve, I dressed in a pair of Chic elastic waist jeans (she picked them out for me when I broke my wrist and couldn't do belts or button on levis), a dress barn blue sleeveless T shirt and a brown oversized top from Sag Harbor. I call it my "Iowa Farm Wife" look. I like dressing like that. She went down to the bar be que joint and got a slab of ribs with sides, while I got dressed. She told me I looked nice and we laughed because saying "You look nice" is what we heard a relative say at a family gathering and as she walked away she said "she looked horrible but I wasn't going to tell her that!" a real bee word. Anyhow, "You look nice" is funny to us.

About 11:30, I went into my bedroom and changed into a set of red vanity fair coloratura pajamas and robe. I also put on matching red panties with lace, all vanity fair. We celebrated the new year, toasted each other, had a new year's kiss and went to bed.

This morning we just lounged around the house in our bed clothes, played on the computer, drank coffee adn watched tv. She said let's do something instead of just lying around the house. So we decided to get dressed and walk through some flea markets. I went into my room and dressed in teh same clothes I had on last night--blue vanity fair lace ravissant briefs, Chic elastic waist pull on jeans, Dress Barn sleeveless Tee shirt, and a Sag Harbor over shirt. Before I went into the living room, I got one of my Columbia coats out of the closet just as she was telling me to wear a light jacket. I stood in front of her and asked if this looked ok, or do I need to change my shirt, I'll keep my jacket on I said. She said I looked fine.

Sure enough, as we were walking through the flea market I got hot. She said, take off your jacket. I said, no, I'm ok. I walked a few steps and said to myself, what teh heck! and I took off my jacket. She came up behind me and started messing with my collar and teh hem of the shirt. Should I put my jacket back on? No, I'm just straightening you up.

I was so peaceful, so serene, it was a very enjoyable experience. I wasn't trying to pass...Heck I had to grow a moustache because my hands are so unsteady that I would cut my nose shaving and since I talk xeralto I bleed like a stuck pig. No, I don't pass but I do dress comfortably. No dresses, mainly jeans, slacks, androgenous tops...oh you'd know if you were looking at me that I was wearing women's clothes...you know it takes one to know one, but most people don't pay any attention.

We got home and I messed aroudn with adding some water to the hot tub, took a shower and am now wearing light blue Vanity Fair pajamas and a matching short robe....and, of course, matching panties. My wife just told me I looked nice and she hugged me. Ain't life grand!

We have been SIP since March 10. We will get through this! Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by kimberly c View Post
    Does your desire to dress increase or decrease as you age. I'm 63 and my desire to be dress is stronger than ever
    I'm 66.

I won't say that my desire has changed all that much. I will say that I am not pursuing it as strongly as before. This is for several reasons.

I'm getting older and my overall drive levels (for everything) have diminished (hormones dropping off?).

I can look in the mirror and see all the damage that years of being male has done to my appearance, so achieving any good look gets harder and harder to do.

I have built good life as a male. I'd be foolish to just up and throw it all away just to make myself feel better about my look.

I have a wife that I love dearly. I don't want to hurt her any more than I have to. We have reached a balance where neither of us is "thrilled", but we're OK.

There are more reasons of course. It's just that all in all, I'd have to say that the desire - or the emotional "need" to crossdress hasn't gone away. I've just learned ways to better handle it as I get older.

65 here and my desire to dress remains about the same as it always has been. My desire for dressing appears to me to be about the same frequency. As it always has there are times when I have increased desire and then it ebbs. I am lucky to have my wife who makes effort to understand and support me when the pink fog drifts in on me.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Aspiring Member
    All through my life I desired to dress, but my ability to afford how to dress and the opportunities to dress allowed me to dress more. Also I have made conscious decisions to dress more. In my 20's/30's I traveled a lot. I seemed satisfied to wear panties, hose slip and heels and got off. In my 40's I worked from home and started dressing more completely,, went to a CD makeover service, bought better wigs, breast forms, more clothes and shoes complete outfits and began wearing more makeup and practiced my body movements, walks, etc.to be more feminine Went out in public a few times. In my 50's started going out in public more and more even during the day time and more often. I think the desire and how I present myself has changed to be more and more feminine.
    Michellecd9999

I think the desire has not changed but when I discovered make up and with practice my appreciation for dressing has increased as I like how I look. I started using make up after a make over showed how I could look. That was at 50 I am now 65. I have grown my hair out and my male vs femside are looking more similar these days.

Kimberly, I just want to point out that of course most everyone here has a desire to dress, else why would they be here.

But if you want to know about most crossdressers past a certain age, consider the tens of thousands of ex-members who no longer participate here, compared the 50 or so who posted in this thread. Of course I don't know all the ex-members but I do know of quite a few for whom the desire abated with age and who just don't come here any more, much less dress.
    Reine

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I'm 68, as time has gone by the desire to dress has increased. It was a very sexual thing for many years, and this has changed especially in the last 15 years. If I had my choice, I would wear lingerie, skirts and hosiery all the time. It's not the same as it was when I was younger, and in many ways I'm glad for that.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Aspiring Member
    Mid 50s and it's gone done. Having so much intimacy with wife it just doesn't cross my mind as much.

I've had this desire since I was a child. At 58 all I can say is it has definitely intensified. While the intensity
    ebbs and flows, the desire is always there.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Banned Read only
    Kinberly,
    I'm not sure what I expected when I grew older , the fact is it hasn't gone away so now I accept it's something I was born with and it's something I'll end my days with .

For me it hasn't got stonger as I now live comfortably as Teresa so it now feels normal , guy mode feels odd