Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting older

Getting older

Does your desire to dress increase or decrease as you age. I'm 63 and my desire to be dress is stronger than ever

yes, and I am older than you.

Too early to tell and in 70's. It all depends on SO relationships. Desire is pretty much there, but desire for frequency is lower. Some of it is liking dressing and some is just looking for something exciting, even mildly as too much of been there, done that. 63 is probably too young for that to resonate with you.

I’m 64, and it’s stronger than ever. Also I’m at a point in life that I can act on those desires.

At right at 66 and I can't feel any decline in my desire or frequency. But I do have a lot more time to reflect and enjoy now then in years gone by.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Increased with age and also more free time being retired

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    I will be 63 in October this year, no change here, steady as she goes Captain

Aspiring Member
    I had the urge to dress from an early age but it is only in the last 7/8 years that I have been able to express my need. I am in my early 70s and if anything the urge is stronger now than ever.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Stronger, and going out dressed isnt a big issue as when your younger, and makeup is a wonderful thing, 63 male, 50 female, lol

Dressing is just a part of who I am. I'm in my 80s and I dress at home everyday. My neighbours have all seen me and know but I don't go out publicly. Dressing is a way of life that I wouldn't give up.

I'm 55 and it is stronger than it has ever been.

About the same but when i was young i only had a very short time to dress now i am retired the wife knows so have much more time to enjoy!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Oh i am 70 years old now.

Absolutely gets stronger, years ago I thought I had successfully suppressed this part of me, well we know that does not work.
    Crissy

I'll be 66 next month and my desire is increasing. I don't know why but i'm just going with the flow.

I'm 67 and still enjoy dressing as much as I ever did. I've also reached an age where I care less and less about whether or not it's "ok" to do this. My feeling is more along the lines of, if not now, then when?

Kimberly, It really has not changed over the years and I'll be 60 next year.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I would not say it has gotten stronger for me,
    But being more accepting of my self,
    I feel more relaxed and happier to dress whenever I want.

So although it has not really gotten stronger
    it has become more standard practice and not hidden in the closet so much
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Banned Read only
    Kimberly,
    I'm not burying my head in the sand about my age , I don't feel 69 , OK to be truthful I also don't feel 21 ( I wish !! ) I do feel with age we have to be more thoughtful of how we present oursleves , " Mutton dressed as lamb !" is OK on occasions but possibly not all the time .

I wonder if it gets stronger , maybe I'm playing catch up still after the years in drab or could it be I'm just more happier and content as Teresa so it's not increasing it just feels normal .

I will be 61 in a couple months. The desire is always there and seems to be increasing. Wanting to expand wardrobe

Mine still comes and goes, but the lock down isn't helping.

Definitely stronger. I think part of it is, through years of practice, experiences, experimentation, I have my dressing tuned well. The pink fog continues to roll in. No complaints, mind you.

I will be 69 at the end of this summer which will also be two years since I retired. My desire to dress and feminize is more intense than it has ever been. I think everything came together in the perfect storm. Accepting this about myself and wanting to be free to explore this side of myself to the point that it dominates my thinking. More time to meditate about it, nobody corporate environment to fit into anymore, nest empty and more disposable income. For years I was content to go for months without dressing and my dadt situation didn't bother me, I was busy with work, family and remodeling projects. Now with all of those obstacles out of the way I am obsessed with doing more and at an age where my needs are wanting to be met while there is still time.

We are conditioned to spend.or whole life making a living so I think a lot of us get to a similar place and just want to feel right. That is where I am at and I definitely feel the urge to dress stronger than ever.

Reality Check
    I don't think it's changed for me although I have more opportunity now and the experience to do a better job of it.
    Krisi

PS, the unknown that I am struggling with is revisiting the talk with my wife so that my opportunities will be more in line with my desire. I'm stuck in limbo debating whether I want to risk destroying our relationship and end up sitting by myself in a one room efficiency apartment wearing a dress at 75. I wish that I could know the outcome before making the decision but at this point I'm not sure that a negative reaction would change my mind.

I hate to keep bringing this all up but am think my angst over the whole thing is like a resounding yes answer to the question.

I was a late bloomer and started wearing panties in my mid-fifties. My wardrobe grew from there. Now, I'm wearing something from the woman's aisle pretty much any time I'm at home. And I'm home a lot...

So yeah, the desire has definitely increased as I've aged.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller