Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the first article of female clothing you bought for yourself? How did it go?

A pair of Leggs pantyhose bought at a Hotel gift shop when I was traveling in another state.

I figured I was far enough away from home nobody would recognize me!

When I look back at all the clothes I have bought (mostly online), the one item that stands out as my first purchase without being mistaken for a Xmas present has to be a LBD.
    To make the experience even more memorable was that I had to take it back and change it for a bigger size. I was so determined to have that dress that I overcame the embarrassment and was prepared to admit to the SA that it was for me. Lovely dress.

I'm not sure but I think it was a garter belt. The one that really stands out, from around the same time, was a white nurses uniform. I got the notion in my head that it would be easier to buy because I wouldn't have to deal with color choice. I was really nervous, and the lady proprietor saw right through me, and was clearly enjoying herself. To her credit though, she helped me pick out a dress that looked good and fit well. No, I did not try it on.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

When I got up the nerve to go to a retail store not thrift shop. I bought a well-padded bra at Big Lots. But the next customer in line (who was with her 12 year old daughter), teased me. "I hope, that is not for you!"
    She asked if I were a drag performer, on stage downtown.
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 05-23-2020 at 10:35 AM. Reason: add

The first thing I bought, I honestly don't remember, It was probably something at a thrift shop.

The first thing I bought that I do remember was a bra at JC Penney. I had found it online and didn't want to wait to get it, so I waited until about minutes before closing and ventured into the location not far from my house.
    I found the bra I was looking for. When a sales associate approached and asked if I needed any help, I said I had found what I was looking for.
    She then said that the other men that shopped here and had bought that bra usually got the matching panties and she would be more than happy to show me where they were, and offered to show me a few other items she thought I might like as well.

Needless to say, I was blown away with her casual acceptance and, while it did make future ventures a little easier, I still get nervous shopping in person.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I don't even have to say what exactly for it to be considered part of a fetish when it got discovered.

Buying it went smoothly, having it was stressful at times.

I don’t think anyone here will chastise you for naming the article, Pixie, but it’s up to you.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Shelby, What a great shopping experience, I would have been back there the next week.
    Crissy

Okay, it was underwear, two thongs, which were the wrong size by just a little.

Spandex dress/bra and i have a really nice feminine figure in it if i stuff a bra.

Could not get the link to work

Hi Patience,

As you may, or may not, know I was a late bloomer, finally admitting to myself, last year, I needed to let my feminine side out. About a year ago I went on my fist shopping excursion and I wrote about it here: "https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?264672-The-World-Did-Not-End-Today-It-Got-Better"
    Last edited by BTWimRobin; 05-24-2020 at 05:16 PM.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I would think technically its some clothes , a nice flouncy skirt & a top that i got to do a Halloween costume. How cliche can you get? Forgot where these came from

Probably a pair of womans jeans. At that point. I wanted some thing I could also wear as a male.

I went to the department store. Located the jeans, and grabbed a few pairs. Then headed to the fitting room. Found a pair I liked. Paid for them and left.

Its been almost 10 years since. I was nervous then. Now I can buy any thing female related. With out even caring. Probably because I'm more comfortable with who I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by tifftg View Post
    I think I was 13 or 14. I had already been diving into my mother's items for a while and wanted to have something of my own. I walked up to the Ben Franklin store (dating myself) and bought a pair of Leggs Pantyhose in the plastic egg. I was so nervous and so thrilled.
    Same here. Walked to the grocery store 20 minute away, and was nervous sweating like crazy when I brought the Leggs to the check out counter.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    My first article of women's clothing that I bought was a pair of pantyhose..... It went VERY well! LOL

I've always loved pantyhose and always will.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

A nylon slip from Sears Catalog right after I got an assignment to England after my least favorite wife and I separated. I can remember the fear and tension I felt going to the base post office to pick up the package. Totally safe but still pretty scary.

For you kids in the audience, the Sears catalog was what guys my age used before the invention of the internet.

Vicky, Many of us here remember the Sears catalogue not to mention the weekly inserts in the Sunday paper. Simply heaven.
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    A good question here is what was the significance of that first item we bought? Isn't that what's really behind this question?

If we had little or no access to women's clothing before, then that first purchase might have been what excited us the most, or what we needed the most to start feeling feminine. It's not surprising that so many members' first purchases were of lingerie or underwear of various kinds: "intimate apparel," as it's so delightfully called. Though that doesn't have to be the case. It could be more about the enjoyment of looking "outwardly" female.

But others like myself may already have had access to women's clothing and underwear from a close relative. If so, that "first purchase" reflects something else. Like a first expression of personal taste, for example. In my case what triggered me into crossdressing was putting on my mother's floral skirt at the age of twelve or thirteen, but that quickly exploded into wearing her skirts, blouses, and dresses, and naturally all her underwear: her slips and bras, nylons, girdles and panties. Everything.

So what was missing? It was the desire to look like the girls of my own age, the girls who especially attracted me as a young teen. My parents clothed me well enough as a boy, but I didn't have much money to spend on girls' clothes. These were relatively expensive in relation to my adolescent budget, which didn't even cover things like all the records that I wanted. (I trust that many here are old enough to remember "records"!)

I wrote that before I read Vicky's comment. I've got to giggle at her mention of the Sears catalogue, It ain't that old! I think they discontinued the printed version in the 90s. "Records" disappeared when CDs made their entrance, half a generation earlier.

So my own first purchase was a simple white blouse similar to some worn at the time by the girls in school that I so much admired. And yes, you bet I was nervous when I went in to buy it, facing a sales assistant over the counter at a small local store. I was asked no questions, but I imagined her asking me "Why are you buying thia?" "Well, it's for my sister!"--a sister that I never had. I had to guess at the right size. Luckily I wasn't far off.

Anyway that's what's attracted me more often than not to particular items of women's clothing. Nothing outrageously erotic, "different," bizarre, or "over the top," but mostly the desire to look and feel like ordinary women I found especially attractive, and to wear what they wore--even if today I'm "old fashioned" in my preferences!
    Last edited by Marianne S; 05-25-2020 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Add comment on another member's remarks

Aspiring Member
    I bought a black lace Bali body briefer from the Playtex/bali outlet. I was so scared I thought I was going to explode. I printed a pic from their web site and wrote down the size for my "wife". The Sa could not have been nicer. I think she did realize it was for me, but nothing was said. Its funny how many things for "costume parties" and for my "wife" I bought before I was married. Now I just tell the SA's its for me. Most of them think it fun to help me find stuff.
    Sara

Panties. I lived by myself in a small apartment And I had to buy decent clothes for my job. So I shopped at Macy?s and had a charge card. When the bill came one time, there was an ad for panties enclosed. I filled out the form and bought 3 pair of Pam nylon hipsters and 3 pair of Pam nylon briefs all six pair were white, pink or pale blue and had a nice lace waistband. I remember the first time I wore a pair under my trousers to run a simple errand to the grocery store. I was convinced that there were X-ray machines everywhere and that the panty police would be waiting outside to haul me off to jail.

The first thing I ever bought for myself was a wrap-around satin mini skirt and a denim mini skirt. I still have the denim skirt, but I purged the satin one a short while ago in a clear out.

For me, it was a denim skirt off of eBay. Skirts have always been important to me. They seem to me To be THE feminine garment. Interestingly it was the ?buying it for myself? that was significant. Up to then my wife (I am blessed with a supportive and understanding wife) had bought things for me when I had asked or as gifts. Buying it for myself seemed to make it more ordinary and accepted, a step towards self acceptance. I never bought something for myself in a shop where a face to face encounter was required. I wonder if I will ever have the courage to do that?

A black, elastic waist full-length skirt, with a 2” wide white lace inset just above my knees, and similar lace at the hemline. Bought it at a ‘Fiesta’ grocery store in Texas, along with general groceries. I still own it, about ten years later, though I shortened it to knee length years ago, by detaching the part below the first row of lace.

I have two answers to this. The first item I owned (but which was bought for me) was a school uniform. When I was in the process of getting my head around my cross dressing in my teens I was referred to a counsellor who pushed the idea of ?full immersion? so I was dressed as a girl full time for a good while.

My first born addiction (although it has expanded considerably since) was skirts and for that reason, the first item I bought myself was a purple pencil skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyCrossdresser View Post
    The first item I owned (but which was bought for me) was a school uniform. When I was in the process of getting my head around my cross dressing in my teens I was referred to a counsellor who pushed the idea of ?full immersion? so I was dressed as a girl full time for a good while.
    There must be more to this story, please tell.
    Crissy