Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the first article of female clothing you bought for yourself? How did it go?

What was the first article of female clothing you bought for yourself? How did it go?

Mine was a blue and white floral skirt from the dollar rack in a thrift store. It literally cost a dollar. It didn?t look brand new, but it didn?t look old, either. I felt a bit nervous when I was buying it but the experience was so pleasant I went back many more times, once in full femme, as the thrift store is only a few blocks from where I buy my wigs. I still have it and wear it to lounge around the house.

What did you get first?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I think I was 13 or 14. I had already been diving into my mother's items for a while and wanted to have something of my own. I walked up to the Ben Franklin store (dating myself) and bought a pair of Leggs Pantyhose in the plastic egg. I was so nervous and so thrilled.

Aspiring Member
    I bought numerous items as my first item.

It was when i was a first year University student, just received a student loan. I didn't know what the word loan meant, but when I got it I noticed my bank account swell so I thought it was like free money. I worked up the courage and headed to K Mart, and bought some shapewear, swimsuits, and early 90s aerobic wear + spandex leggings. I was so nervous as it was the first time I walked around the women's clothing area in a dept store by myself, yet at the same time I felt like a kid in a candy store. It was even more nerve wracking as I headed to the cashier to pay for all of it.

Sadly, and with much regret, I purged all of those items.

Banned Read only
    Patience,
    My first items were a complete set of Charnos matching underwear , that is , panties , suspender belt , camisole , bra and slip all in a laurel green shade and then chose stockings in various shades . How did it go ? Well I'd written down my sizing and told the SA I wanted to buy the set for a Xmas present for my wife , I showed her the piece of paper with the sizes on telling her I'd checked the sizes on my wife's underwear but if they didn't fit would it be OK the exchange them , most SAs appeared to be happy with that .

Then one day I ventured into a shop in my own town with same story , I stood by the racks of underwear when the SA called across a crowded store to another SA , " Lady's underwear for the gentleman !" The reply came back , " Ask him to wait by the knickers !" I was glowing as red as the underwear I was standing next to but I didn't back down there was a 50% sale on and I wasn't going to walk away empty handed , those two girls really did have some fun with me much to the amusement of other shoppers .

In those days the choice of underwear was amazing with complete matching sets in fabulous colours and you could buy stockings from most shops .
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-20-2020 at 10:03 AM.

A navy skirt and grey blouse - it was a bit nerve wracking

My first item was a pink prom dress. I bought it at a garage sale. In September. Told the lady it was for a Halloween dress-up party. She offered to let me try it on--but I declined. She said, "You are going to look beautiful in this!" I hid it behind the seat of my pickup for a year. Later in my garden shed. Eventually it was purged when my wife and I had counseling. The "expert counselor" convinced me I had transvestic fetishism. He convinced me to purge to help cure my habit. I soon started to buy a lot more at my favorite thrift store.

I was around 18 and had been dressing for years - mostly female family members, bras, stockings, panties. I remember my Mom had a yellow bathing suit with cups....loved that, with pantyhose and a matching pair of yellow high heels she had! But, I digress. I went to a local mall where they had a "Fredericks of Hollywood" store. I purchased two garter belts, and two pairs of stockings. I still have one of them.

It was a thrilling day!!

The first thing I bought were a few pair of panties. It was so long ago that I don't even remember the experience so it couldn't have been all that exciting.

Mine was a dress from a thrift store. It fit "perfectly", if I wasn't already hooked this dress certainly set the hook.

I think mine was when I was12 or 13. Probably that pair of black hold ups with rhinestone embellishments at the ankle from a department store. Nerve-wracking but definitely exciting!
    -Jen

Leggs pantyhose in the plastic egg. I was 16 and just started my first real job. I kept them in my car and wore them at work.....

It was some panties and lingerie I bought in an adult gifts store where I could say "it's for her and she is about the same size as me" as the clerk looked me up and down and thought to herself "sure buddy, I have heard that story before and I know this is for you". Shopping anxiety and discrete storage have both been a challenge for me so that's another thing I need to change.

Nylon stockings and pantyhose. I was nervous 😬. The SA sensed it and was very nice. I couldn?t wait to get home.

I was about 18-19 yo and went into NYC where nobody knew me and I bought panties, garter belt and stockings. Looking back I am surprised I had that much nerve. Unfortunately I dumped them in my first purge.
    Whatever you do please do not ever purge.
    Crissy

A Miss Elaine nightgown. In fact nighties and slips are my only CD interests. I have a largish collection of gowns, robes and slips, all soft silky nylon.

When I was about 12 I bought a pair of red tights (would now be called leggings) from the local Woolworth store. As many here have mentioned I was really nervous lol.

in my mid-fifties i tried on a few pairs of my wife's panties, liked them, and decided to try and buy my own. I ended up in a dollar store and found a small selection of panties on one of the aisles. I grabbed 3 or 4 pairs as quickly as I could without really checking the size. i grabbed a few other 'decoy' items and went to the register. As my cashier was checking out my purchase her face showed pure disgust. I'm surprised that my reaction was less of embarrassment and more of a "screw you" attitude. The panties all turned out to be too small and were purged. Shortly after that i had the talk with my wife. She ended up "taking me" shopping and i walked the store while SHE picked out my first proper panties. She actually surprised me at the range of her taste. I think giving her some control at the beginning has been one factor that helped the relationship as my taste has expanded.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

I was 18 or 19 still living at home although I owned my own business.Could only dress when parents went out of town.

Banned Read only
    I don't even remember, I am guessing a bra I purchased when I was in college.

Nothing sticks in my mind about it being traumatic or me being overly terrified.

Panties, garter belt and thigh highs.Awesome feeling.

Silver Member
    It's been sooooo long ago, I don't remember!

Gypsy skirts at a thrift store in Santa Cruz. Those things were so comfortable.

I was 24 years old and in the Army at training course at Fort McClellan, AL. I ended up buying two Playtex bras at a mini post exchange one afternoon. I bought two because I thought I would give myself away by just buying one. I was terrified that someone would question what I was doing, but no one seemed notice, or if they did they didn’t say anything.

Well the actual first was panties at K Mart! Outer clothing was a navy blouse with white flowers and a pair of navy slacks from Amazon! They are still in the closet! Panties were purged as they were too small! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Everything was black, as I was just grabbing and trying to get out of there. I went to a JCPenney in San Diego (I was there on business and had a half day to kill). I grabbed a pair of hose on the first floor, took the escalator to the intimate apparel section to grabbed a bra, slip and panties. I paid for everything like I was holding toxic waste. Long story short, I put everything on and within an hour, it was in a dumpster. We all purge and it could not be a dumber thing to do. It's just clothes.

Today, I purchased panties in 100% male mode and could not have cared less. Evolution, baby!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.