Hi Chrissy

Basically, when I was around 11 My urge to cross dress arrived on the scene. Obviously, as a child I didn?t have access to any of my own gear and consequently ended up trying on my sister?s clothes whenever I got the opportunity. What I have found (and which was certainly true at the time) is that if I don?t dress for an extended period of time the urge builds, and a bit like putting a battery on charge, the only to release that feeling is to dress.

Now I thought I was being really clever leaving everything exactly as I had found it, but mother?s being what they are, mine caught me out on a number of occasions (albeit, not in the act).

At the time, I would have given anything to have stopped. My mates at school would chase anything in a skirt and so it was a source of great distress that I was more interested in wearing skirts. It was much more a compulsion than a hobby (even today I am driven primarily by the urges but am more accepting of it).

Anyway, due to my distress, I was referred to a counsellor who (after a number of sessions, determined the best course of action was ?full immersion? in the hope that I would lose interest and consequently I found myself dressing as a girl both at home and at school.

Naively, I tried to just be a boy in a skirt at first but I was naturally shunned and with my parent?s insistence, I realised my only option was to become one of the girls. Within only a few weeks I had gone in school from being a typical lad playing football and talking about girls to one of a gaggle of girls doing each other?s hair and makeup. For the last couple of years of school I was more or less transgender.

It was partially my own fault that I had found myself in that situation but for the sake of my own sanity as much as anything, I just had to embrace the role.

It is probably the reason I am so confident publicly now; once everyone knows, there is no point hiding it any longer.